HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, about damn time indeed! Also, here's a YouTube link for the new trailer:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BpJYNVhGf1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Awesome trailer. This is going to be must see tv for me.

I looked at the calendar and this series is scheduled for 13 episodes which would have it end on July 10 (assuming HBO runs it on consecutive weeks) and then two days later A Dance with Dragons is released. Coincidence or brilliant marketing?

Either way, it's a killer combination! Watch the show to pass the time until the book releases, then read the book while we wait for season 2 (hopefully).

HBO just revealed the first official poster for Game of Thrones today. No word on where or when you can purchase one, but it's awesome:

GOT-OFFICIAL-POSTER-691x1024.jpg

HBO is on a roll with their promotion of this show. Two new videos tonight. The first is a feature on the Starks, one of families central to the plot:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/e4sTrjgDacI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The second is a new trailer that provides a nice sense of the scope of the show:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bvwrC5X7iJI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
This keeps getting better and better :D

But I don't like the guy casted for Jon Snow. I had imagined him differently.

25 more days to go! Here's a new trailer to help pass the time:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8qJsSEnhsuI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's a great review from The Hollywood Reporter. Here's another one with massive amounts of praise for the show:

https://www.televisionaryblog.com/2011/04/where-wolves-prey-advance-review-of.html

Some choice quotes from that review:

"The first six episodes of Game of Thrones, provided to press in advance, are insanely fantastic, a groundbreaking work of television that's both visually engaging and thematically insightful. This is high fantasy done right, offering a wild and unrelenting plot about the games people play, the thirst for power, the ends men (and women) are willing to go in fulfillment of their own desires, and the things that we do for love. These six installments represent a crowning achievement for serialized television, its taut narrative the launchpad for dynamic conflict, copious bloodshed, and, yes, even a reflection of the mercenary times we live in."

"In Game of Thrones, HBO fuses together the very best of Lord of the Rings, The Sopranos, The Wire, and Rome into one sumptuous and seductive series that is utterly unforgettable."

"This is the type of series that comes around but once in a lifetime, a groundbreaking and absorbing drama that is utterly unlike anything else on television today. Miss this impressive and stirring drama at your own peril."

Also, HBO aired the first 14 minutes of the first episode last night as a special advanced preview. The quality here is just astonishing, especially compared to Starz' Camelot, which looks (and feels) like a low-budget SyFy Channel movie. For those who want to go into the first episode completely fresh, avoid this video. For everyone else, enjoy:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JQykXOukM2Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Judging from the first 15 minutes - I would agree that Camelot suffers in comparison.

I'm wondering if I should start reading the books - or go into the series unspoiled.

Judging from the first 15 minutes - I would agree that Camelot suffers in comparison.

I'm wondering if I should start reading the books - or go into the series unspoiled.

I am going into it unspoiled. :D Probably try to read the books later.

It is ok to go in unspoiled. From all the promos I have seen and read, the series is almost 100% faithful to the books. They did merge a couple of minor characters, but the main characters and storylines remain intact. Can't wait for this to start. :yess:

I can't recommend the book series enough! I'd say start reading them once the entire show has aired.

It will be interesting to see how much we get out of this book series through HBO given the series isn't even done in book form yet. If we get at least 3 series (up through 'A Storm of Swords'), I'll be a happy camper. But oh the cliff hangers that will exist if it ends there, ha!

I can't recommend the book series enough! I'd say start reading them once the entire show has aired.

It will be interesting to see how much we get out of this book series through HBO given the series isn't even done in book form yet. If we get at least 3 series (up through 'A Storm of Swords'), I'll be a happy camper. But oh the cliff hangers that will exist if it ends there, ha!

:lol I hope we get at least three seasons too. Just finished watching the first 15 minutes and it was awesome. Just how I pictured it as I was reading the book. :rock

April 17th can't get here fast enough.

Agreed (love the South Park Starks in your sig, by the way). The books are fantastic and layered with so much depth and detail. The show will obviously have to lose some things (likely some of the world-building backstory) due to time constraints, so the books will definitely be worth reading as a companion to the show.

The novels will always be the "complete story" for me, with the show serving as an awesomely-produced, kick-ass bonus. I can't wait for April 17th! :yess:

Back