HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless you are the showrunner for GoT, I wouldn't think you or anyone else in here is a good judge on what is/isn't likely to appear in the series.

I think anybody with reasonable judgment can surmise when certain things will never happen on the show that happened in the books, when the ship has sailed, so to speak.

It's called common sense.

For instance, nothing with Prince Oberyn could any longer be considered a spoiler, as he is never coming back.

Bran has reached his destination (though his "Journey" is not over) things or charcters that were met or happened along the way in the books won't be happening.

I think a certain amount of common sense can help most weed through what just can or cannot transpire in the series now.

Again, you are in no position to make those judgements. So unless you are the show runner, which presumably you are not, STFU about the books.

:wave

(I am ok with book spoilers as long as they are in spoiler tag. Just for cliarity's sake.)

Again, you are in no position to make those judgements. So unless you are the show runner, which presumably you are not, STFU about the books.

:wave

(I am ok with book spoilers as long as they are in spoiler tag. Just for cliarity's sake.)

First of all, why dont you STFU.

Second of all, I am one of those people who do use spoiler tags, so again, STFU.

I can play nice, but not when spoken to rudely.

I am merely trying to clarify for everyone what is being talked about here. And yes, i think anyone with half a brain can figure out what will never, ever happen on the show. Those who don't spoiler tag events that have yet to happen are just rude. But don't get your undies in a knot trying to argue with me that events that have passed could happen again. Sorry, but Ned Stark is never coming back and I'm not about to pretend that he might. So when you tell me that only a showrunner can surmise what will and will not happen, your full of it. If that were the case, than any dialogue on this thread would be fit for spoiler tagging.

Well okie dokie then.

tumblr_lt4uttlKvo1qayos4.gif

OMG, this is turning into another TWD thread. spoilers or no spoilers I really don't give a ****. I've read every spoiler here and it's not like the show is any less entertaining........:thud: As for the TWD, well that shows just crap so there.....:monkey3

I mainly kept talking about the books because for some reason people kept questioning something I said so I had to explain again and again why I was saying it, if that makes sense...

I think Spoiler tags work fine, though I think some peoples under-use of spoiler tags has made other people very sensitive about seeing unknown info.

That being said, everything is not a spoiler, some things are just too vague to qualify (like a name) and some things are no longer relevant (like discarded plot elements) and some things are merely speculation.

Still, using Spoiler tags is always the friendly thing to do.

Maybe it would solve the problem if (like TWD) there was an alternative thread where spoilers ran free.

A Song of Ice and Fire

I'm not a book reader, but I may well be one soon, so if you folks would like to change the scope of the thread, have fun. But, just be respectful, if you want to talk about the book, do so in the book thread. Let's try to keep things separated, it seems to work well for The Walking Dead.

I guess I'm ok with "spoilers" of things that already happened, like "in the book this happened differently" and such, I want to be against it, since I just finished book one and I don't want "spoilers" of the next books, but, it's dumb, I'm already spoiled from watching the show so book talk of things that already happened in the show isn't going to spoil anything for me.

Logic tells me that I should not give a **** about those "spoilers" :lol

It would be nice if there was a separate "book spoiler" option... just so people would know it's that versus a show one. But honestly if you don't want spoilers (book or otherwise) then probably best not to click on them and really stay away from these threads all together.

I never look at a thread if I haven't seen the most recent episode, and here I stayed out until I'd finished the books just to prevent any of those spoilers.

I'm 1100000% sure. the Other thing you talk about is also true.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ah, gotcha... I totally missed that part. But went back and did some reading and now totally see it :lol That Martin, always keeps you guessing :huh

Back