HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was an incredible episode. It had everything. The music was beautiful too.

For those who have read the books can you please tell me:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Are the books really that reliable as a predictor of what will come?
Spoiler Spoiler:
says no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both arrows weren't in the anatomical kill box. Fist one looked like it struck beneath the diaphragm and the second one right beneath the clavicle. Didn't seem all that deadly....but who knows.

Both arrows weren't in the anatomical kill box. Fist one looked like it struck beneath the diaphragm and the second one right beneath the clavicle. Didn't seem all that deadly....but who knows.

He is old too. Not so spry to stand a couple bolts to the torso.

Awesome finale. That fight scene between Hound and Brienne was ****ing awesome. It was brutal and dirty. The more they adavnce into the books the more they change. I ain't hating, just an observation.. They took out the Tysha part of the conversation between Tyrone and Jaime, which I'm glad because it didn't make sense in the book, although I can imagine some fans being upset because its one more twist to that scenario. Just a little fun fact for those who haven't read the books, that scene between Jaime and Tyrion during the rescue was the only scene between those two in the books.

Fans of the show are lucky in a way. Book fans had to wait over a decade to find out what happens to Tyrion after his escape.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

The guy who killed three men for her gave it to her when they parted ways (and he changed his face). He told her that when she was ready, give it to any man from Braavos and say, "Valar morghulis."

Just saw the finale, was exciting! I heard for the past few days that there was a "twist" in the finale that was trending worldwide. I have not begun reading the books yet, have them all ready waiting at home once I fly back, so I was wondering what it was, and if it was different from the books, hence people calling it a "twist"?

And am I losing it or was there a lot more discussion in the privey scene in the book? Seems like a pretty key motivating situation was left out...but maybe that conversation comes later?

I believe they are dropping the significance of that situation for the HBO version.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Not having read the books, it struck me while watching this episode...

Spoiler Spoiler:

And now the long wait begins for next season... :horror

This season especially I have realized that reading the books beforehand is both a blessing and a curse. I'm glad that I chose to read the books after S1 since they let me see things in my own interpretation (much like LOTR) and then I love seeing how some of those events play out in someone else's vision on the screen. But on the other hand, I get a large sense of build up waiting for certain things to happen and play out and then they don't quite follow the book and I'm a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely in love with the show and I think they've done a great job but there are certain "Tom Bombodil like moments" in the books that just haven't been touched on yet that I wonder if they are completely skipping or they'll get to eventually.

Back