HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hound got his ass kicked.

The skeletons were damn kewl.

Yuh. And the fireballs.

I'd think a kid who could control animals with his mind would be a lot of help dealing with dragons that don't behave. Seems like a pretty important character. Not that I know anything beyond the show. Just seems to make sense that if he's being treated importantly, it's because what's going on with him is important.

Great finale all around.

Not sure why anyone would think Dany is doing anything stupid - she's learning how hard it is to truly lead, and do the right thing, rather than simply rule by force. It's a learning process for her, but she's the only one that will actually have the experience by the time things come to a head.

While the Bran story line seems a tad slow, I do think it has a tremendous importance to where the overall world is going, specially with the White Walkers. Bran will have the answer to defeating them.

The Hound/Brienne battle was fantastic, and made me like Brienne even more than I already did. Made me like the Hound more too - both great characters. I wouldn't count the Hound out yet, although if you're hoping for a Hound/Mountain showdown I don't think it looks good. That dude is one scary nut job mad scientist, and I'm not sure what's going to be left of the Mountain when he gets done with him.

Great scenes for Tyrion, and further cements him as a fan favorite. One question on that ending though...not sure why we'd be using spoiler tags on an episode that's already aired (don't read the thread until you watch it, duh), but here goes:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Overall, a great season finale. Now for another long wait!

Bran = Kenny from South Park, the "Keanu Reeves". He can take control of an entire army using his Golden PSP.

I liked the skeletons, though I thought the cgi was a bit sketchy on them. It almost seemed intentional though, to make them move like the old Jason and the Argonauts ones, so it was all good. A lot of magic and dragons and science etc in this episode.

Does General Veers turn The Mountain into some kinda Frankenstein?

Brienne VS Hound was a good fight but I like the Hound too much to see him lose.

Tywin will be missed. What a great actor to lose.

Great episode! So glad we will finally get to see Arya on her journey and how bad ass was Stanis? He take no ****!:lol Always wish they could spend more time on the small details that lead up to the big events, but that's TV.

I really enjoyed the finale... I finished up the books a few weeks ago so it's been kind of strange watching the show unfold in different ways, but this episode did a nice job of pulling the pieces back together and ending in similar places even though the paths were a bit different. Really wish I had another book to read as the wait for Season 5 and Book 6 is going to be a killer :lol

One of the best episodes of the entire series for me.

Book Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Further Book Spoiler
Spoiler Spoiler:

And an a book spoiler thought/question about last nights episode:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Bran = Kenny from South Park, the "Keanu Reeves". He can take control of an entire army using his Golden PSP.

I liked the skeletons, though I thought the cgi was a bit sketchy on them. It almost seemed intentional though, to make them move like the old Jason and the Argonauts ones, so it was all good. A lot of magic and dragons and science etc in this episode.

Does General Veers turn The Mountain into some kinda Frankenstein?

Brienne VS Hound was a good fight but I like the Hound too much to see him lose.

Tywin will be missed. What a great actor to lose.

Brie has taken down Jamie and the Hound....

Not sure Tywin is dead, none of those shots were fatal areas.

And an a book spoiler thought/question about last nights episode:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yup. I think one of the characters comes to that conclusion.

And am I losing it or was there a lot more discussion in the privey scene in the book? Seems like a pretty key motivating situation was left out...but maybe that conversation comes later?

Brie has taken down Jamie and the Hound....

Not sure Tywin is dead, none of those shots were fatal areas.

He seemed to die, in that last overhead shot. His arm drops and he appears to go limp. Plus, the bells tolled. I assumed that meant he had been found, though I suppose it could also mean Tyrion escaped.

And am I losing it or was there a lot more discussion in the privey scene in the book? Seems like a pretty key motivating situation was left out...but maybe that conversation comes later?

Yes, the conversation between Tywin and Tyrion was different. The talk of Tyrion's first wife, Tysha, was dropped.

He seemed to die, in that last overhead shot. His arm drops and he appears to go limp. Plus, the bells tolled. I assumed that meant he had been found, though I suppose it could also mean Tyrion escaped.

Yes, the conversation between Tywin and Tyrion was different. The talk of Tyrion's first wife, Tysha, was dropped.

I bet Tysha becomes a plot point for Tyrion in the next season since he killed Shae. Nothing like guilt to stir up old feelings and old longings in a man who will feel the need to find redemption somehow. That's why,
Spoiler Spoiler:

The bells could have told for three reasons. Tywin was dead. Shea was dead. Or Tyrion escaped.

They aren't ringing any bells for a dead whore. :lol Tywins dead guys.

The bells are for Tywin. When Varys hears the bells he realises what Tyrion did and that he must now leave the city with him.

Also, that was Joffrey's crossbow he used, correct?

They aren't ringing any bells for a dead whore. :lol Tywins dead guys.

The bells are for Tywin. When Varys hears the bells he realises what Tyrion did and that he must now leave the city with him.

Also, that was Joffrey's crossbow he used, correct?
Yes, Jeofrys crossbow and pull back mechanism. Irony at its finest!

I thought that conversation was between Jaime and Tyrion? Before he led him out through the tunnels? That was his motivation for climbing the ladder to the tower of the hand.

Last edited:
He was pissed at Jaime for never telling him the truth and wanted revenge for his father ruining his entire life.

The books are faster at it lol

Right! I've forgotten more then I remember happening since it's been a while since I read them. :lol That being said where the hell is Cold Hands and his moose? They skipped probably the best parts of Bran's journey.

Back