HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, am I the only person who actually laughed with joy when Ygritte died? :lol. Yeah, she and Jon had a minor fling. But, the fact remains, that she killed innocent people and participated in cannibalizing those rural families in her quest to the wall. This is one instance, where I'm glad that some form of Karmic justice was played out. Jon's got those romantic features that the chicks dig, so he's going to find a better hoochie.

Wait, am I the only person who actually laughed with joy when Ygritte died? :lol. Yeah, she and Jon had a minor fling. But, the fact remains, that she killed innocent people and participated in cannibalizing those rural families in her quest to the wall. This is one instance, where I'm glad that some form of Karmic justice was played out. Jon's got those romantic features that the chicks dig, so he's going to find a better hoochie.

:goodpost:

I didn't laugh, but she was one insufferable character that got exactly what she deserved. Almost as satisfying as watching Joffrey choke to death.

Well, she was a wildling after all, I didn't feel bad for her actually, maybe a little, I felt bad for the poor bastard.

But, the fact remains, that she killed innocent people and participated in cannibalizing those rural families in her quest to the wall.
To be fair Jon also went up north and assisted Qhorin Halfhand in the killing "innocent" wildlings so he isn't any better in that aspect :lol

Still like him though I also liked Ygritte.

I laughed when that kid gave Jon the what's up head nod. :lol

I found that slightly amusing too :lol

I agree. If the kid didn't intervene, she would have shot Jon with the arrow, and whispered her usual derivative line, "You know nothing, Jon Snow", as he choked on his own blood.

Season 4 soundtrack preview. Sounds like the best one so far.

https://youtu.be/hd-RBTvLhI4
Not sure if I would say the best, but this season has some great tracks, mainly Joffrey and Margaery's wedding ceremony and all of the Thenns/wildlings and Night's Watch tracks. Though nothing as iconic as the Lannister track from S3 or Daenerys' "Mhysa" track that plays after she conquers Yunkai.

Which is also my favorite track in the series so far:

I get chills every time. Truly amazing.

I don't really listen to the GOT soundtracks but I heard my brother listening to it and when a certain track really got going I had to find out which one it was - Mhysa^

That had to go on my phone. Though obviously the sound out of that doesn't do it justice.

I've heard it was the Theon parts. But I haven't read that far into the book.
Theon doesn't reappear until A Dance with Dragons, just FYI for anyone looking forward to seeing him in the books, like I was.

I don't really listen to the GOT soundtracks but I heard my brother listening to it and when a certain track really got going I had to find out which one it was - Mhysa^

That had to go on my phone. Though obviously the sound out of that doesn't do it justice.
My favourite track of all is still Await the King's Justice (once the intro bit is over). Some really great music on this series.

Yeah, it's a really powerful track.

Here's the scene it's used in. Skip to 2:20:

Damn, have to watch on Youtube :mad:

I'm not a huge Daenerys fan, but I'd say that is her greatest scene in the series so far. Followed by the birth of her dragons and when she has the Unsullied kill the masters, which uses another fantastic track, Dracarys:

It's like her dark side theme.

"A Lannister Always Pays His Debts" is probably my favorite track overall, I just wish they would get away from the crappy canned orchestra and start using real players. On the whole though, I have to say I really do think the S. 4 OST provides the most satisfying experience from start to finish.

"Pay the Iron Price" and "Mother of Dragons" are my favorites from S2.

"Mhysa" and "A Lannister Always Pays His Debts" are my favorites from S3.

"Breaker of Chains" is my favorite of S4 - especially from 2:35 onward. I love the whining of the strings and horns.

"Pay the Iron Price"
Another great one. I must have watched that scene (S2, EP7) a dozen times by now.

When Theon looks over in disbelief at what he's done, followed by Maester Luwin's cry of agony...amazing.

The scene was already fantastic but the music is what elevates it to perfection.

Forgot how powerful that scene is (and how great that track is, too). Makes me feel even worse for Theon (despite the fact he kinda deserves his lot). Wants to be a pitiless badass, but it's just not in him.

Back