HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm betting Mance and his wildlings will join Jon and his crows to fight the white walkers.

Didn't expect Ygritte to die this soon.

In the mammoth reveal scene where you see it's feet, I assumed it was a giant...then as the camera panned up I was like HOLY **** that's a ****ing mammoth. That was awesome. :lol

Pip and Grenn's deaths were touching. Especially Grenn. Though he's had such little screen time, he was becoming a great character. It was nice to see him take control and rally the few crows he was with by reciting the Night's Watch oath.

Everything is at stake if the Seven Kingdoms lose The Wall.

Yeah, I get it - still don't care about it, though. I lost interest in Jon Snow some time ago.

Did anyone catch when Maester Aemon was talking about a woman he loved, he may have been referring to Olenna Tyrell? Recall that Olenna stated she was supposed to wed a Targaryen, but decided he wouldn't do - so she left him for another man - a Tyrell, who she ended up marrying. I saw someone state this on reddit, and while I'm not sure I believe it, it is an interesting thought nonetheless.

People complaining about this episode should be thrown off the top of the wall. So much of the show has built up to that fight and it was amazing that they accomplished that. This was the payoff of every scene with the Night's Watch just sitting around for years. By comparison to Blackwater, this was on a whole nother level. That battle was on television. Not a movie. Still mind blowing to me.

I didn't care about a lot of those characters going in and that changed my mind. I like Jon a lot more now that he's a capable leader. Thorne too, who I hated, proved himself a pretty capable leader who could hold his own. Ygritte's time had come, she was doing too much damage to remain likable. Her death avoided several cliches like rescuing Jon and who shot her was unexpected.

The defense was smartly done and everything made sense and flowed correctly. The background fighting looked authentic and not like Nolan's crap Dark Knight Rises where blows are missing by several feet. The sword fighting was also well done and authentic. The giants were bad ass and not remotely corny, they didn't go overboard with tons of them and a bunch of mystical creatures. The scythe and other measures were awesome.

It was also a refreshing break from the constant political soap opera we've gotten this season in King's Landing. It may not have had a "shocking" moment but it was the biggest and most ambitious thing this show has done and it didn't falter or slip up even remotely. Really impressive.

giant-shoots.gif

pow

Excellent episode. I was expecting to be a bit bored knowing that the entire episode would be focused on this battle, but it was surprisingly good. Really enjoyed it and liked all the changes they made from the book, particularly...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Excellent episode. I was expecting to be a bit bored knowing that the entire episode would be focused on this battle, but it was surprisingly good. Really enjoyed it and liked all the changes they made from the book, particularly...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Do you think they're going to tell that part next episode?
Spoiler Spoiler:

Holy **** this episode was awesome! That fight with Jon and the big cannibal dude, the ass Nights leader and Wild Redbeard. That big anchor scraping the Wildlings off the wall. The giant arrow.

I take it Jon Snow becomes leader of the Nights Watch.

Yeah, I get it - still don't care about it, though. I lost interest in Jon Snow some time ago.

Did anyone catch when Maester Aemon was talking about a woman he loved, he may have been referring to Olenna Tyrell? Recall that Olenna stated she was supposed to wed a Targaryen, but decided he wouldn't do - so she left him for another man - a Tyrell, who she ended up marrying. I saw someone state this on reddit, and while I'm not sure I believe it, it is an interesting thought nonetheless.

Olenna%2BTyrell%252C%2Bn%25C3%25A9e%2BRedwyne.jpeg

Do you think they're going to tell that part next episode?
Spoiler Spoiler:
Yep, I think that they could handle it quite quickly in the next episode (just leave the wrap-up for expository dialogue next season).

Unrelated, but very much hoping that next episode ends just like the epilogue in book 3 and we get to see...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yep, I think that they could handle it quite quickly in the next episode (just leave the wrap-up for expository dialogue next season).

For real? His exit was really dramatic though. White lights and everything?

Unrelated, but very much hoping that next episode ends just like the epilogue in book 3 and we get to see...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Me too.

I take it Jon Snow becomes leader of the Nights Watch.
So he's gonna lead 4 guys, the murdering kid who killed his ginger fling and the derpy-derp chick with the incest baby? Awesome army. :lol

Makes sense but it would be F'd up because based on their monologues he was in love and she was trying to secure her future and a position of power. Which obviously didn't include him.

In the mammoth reveal scene where you see it's feet, I assumed it was a giant...then as the camera panned up I was like HOLY **** that's a ****ing mammoth. That was awesome. :lol
I thought the same thing. :lol

People complaining about this episode should be thrown off the top of the wall. So much of the show has built up to that fight and it was amazing that they accomplished that. This was the payoff of every scene with the Night's Watch just sitting around for years. By comparison to Blackwater, this was on a whole nother level. That battle was on television. Not a movie. Still mind blowing to me.

I didn't care about a lot of those characters going in and that changed my mind. I like Jon a lot more now that he's a capable leader. Thorne too, who I hated, proved himself a pretty capable leader who could hold his own. Ygritte's time had come, she was doing too much damage to remain likable. Her death avoided several cliches like rescuing Jon and who shot her was unexpected.

The defense was smartly done and everything made sense and flowed correctly. The background fighting looked authentic and not like Nolan's crap Dark Knight Rises where blows are missing by several feet. The sword fighting was also well done and authentic. The giants were bad ass and not remotely corny, they didn't go overboard with tons of them and a bunch of mystical creatures. The scythe and other measures were awesome.

It was also a refreshing break from the constant political soap opera we've gotten this season in King's Landing. It may not have had a "shocking" moment but it was the biggest and most ambitious thing this show has done and it didn't falter or slip up even remotely. Really impressive.

What Deckard said! :goodpost::exactly:

Back