HBO MAX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the problem with HBO max in the US as well is the app is only currently available on Apple TV Devices, PC, Select NEW Samsung TV's and now the Series X. They better cut a deal with roku and LG/Sony soon cause if they dont, they wont get many subscribers anyway since many people wont have access to the damn app without buying a new device. Who wants to stream crap on a pc and not on your massive tv. For those already into roku this is a major snafu, aint no way they buying an overpriced and outdated apple 4k tv which hasnt been updated since 2017. Now supposedly if you subscribe to HBO via comcast you get HBO max for free but they have no app yet so you still cant stream it. In my case, i ill be using two series x's for now (main man cave media room/masterbedroom)- but i feel bad for others who need to buy ****ing apple 4k tv device (cause the x and s hard to find) or a new samsung tv just to get the APP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have 5 rokus i have no use for that overpriced 4k Apple device, the new 2020 Ultra Roku does dolby vision and is blazing fast (and has the apple tv app- all for 69.99 on black friday)- lack of DV support was the only edge it used to have on roku. My older Samsung's 4k UHD Qleds tvs did not get the HBO app for whatever reason maybe cause samsung stops supporting their flagship tvs way too fast.

It should be noted that one of the reasons Rokus are so cheap is because they make more money collecting and selling your data. We already have AppleTV 4th gen and 4K. Pricier compared to other streamers but they're a darn sight cheaper than HTPCs, that's for sure. At the time we got them, the AppleTVs were faster/more responsive compared to other streaming devices (had Roku and FireTV as well). I think it was also the only platform where I found a good alternative to Windows Media Center for handling live TV via antenna (HDHomeRun).

That said, yes, kinda stupid not have a Roku app upon launch. HBO Now was eventually supported on Roku (just a few months after launch, iirc) so you'd think they'd have that stuff figured out already.

I'm getting free HBO Max with AT&T Unlimited Elite plan so I can watch these. I don't think I'd subscribe separately for HBO Max, though. I'd just wait for the 4K Blu-rays (which I would've bought regardless).

Forgive my lack of sophistication in streaming matters, but why the hell can't they just do what Netflix does? Why does one need something extra to watch HBOMax? Or Amazon for that matter...

Forgive my lack of sophistication in streaming matters, but why the hell can't they just do what Netflix does? Why does one need something extra to watch HBOMax? Or Amazon for that matter...

Licensing.

They've got to make deals so everybody gets a cut of the revenue. Netflix and Amazon have been doing this for a few years and have deals in place, but HBO is relatively new to the streaming market so they have to work out deals with a lot of people.

You saw how ******** Chris Nolan, Denis Villenuve and others are getting about putting movies on HBO Max? It's not because they want their films to be enjoyed in a theater. They want their films to be shown in a theater because they get a cut of that revenue, they don't get a cut of HBO Max revenue.

When compared to all the content that Disney is making its a no wonder that they sent the movies to HBO max . They needed something to compete since they obviously dont have much in development yet.

If movie studios can find another way to cut down on their costs or keep a bigger cut of the profit then streaming will movies but be a viability, but for now the cinemas will have to stay.

I went and saw Tenent in that theater it was completely empty except for me i can only assume next year will be more of the same.

He was so arrogant in thinking that we would all come to see his movie. I only went because I figured it would be onmy a few people and I can take that risk and I was worried. And I wish I never even went that movie was awful. So confusing he really is full of himself. He can adapt stories and visually they look great but to write his own story its frankly two much. WB can do with out him

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back