Mortal Kombat - April 16th 2021 - HBO Max & Theatres.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally really enjoyed it.
Can overlook the cheese factor, I went in and got what I wanted, plus Kano was a hit.
I like how they made the story different from having the actual tournament and first movie. Ya some stuff could have been fleshed out better, like Kabal’s full relation to Kano, or why they all followed Tsang Sung.
I finished it entertained and wanting to see more, so bonus points to that.

This movie was trash. The acting was so bad. Why couldn’t they make the main character someone from the games? What a wasted opportunity.

Mortal Kombat - April 16th 2021 - HBO Max & Theatres.

Just weird after recently redoing the actual game story with 9, X, & 11 - then here?s this movie lol

I spent the first half of the movie going ?Hmph?!? ?What?s his name?? ?Who is this guy? ?Cole? WhoTF is Cole???

Lol Good movie to watch with friends/people who might not know much more than MK being that fighting game

6/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Mortal Kombat - April 16th 2021 - HBO Max & Theatres.

That would be me... but I'm getting the sense that this is a bad movie. What's good about it?

-Moves straight from the games
-Fatalities/Brutalities straight from the games
-Cheesy catchphrases straight from the games
-Lots of over the top blood and gore
-Good humour
-Touches on some of the more interesting lore namely the stuff between Scorpion & Sub Zero.

My only real problem with it is the quick cut editing during a lot of the fight scenes. They hired a bunch actors that actually know martial arts and can do good fight scenes, but there aren't many long takes which is doing them a disservice imo.

So the fights are good but the movie around them is not so much. I guess that is to be expected.

Haven't they made this movie like 3 times before already? Doesn't it get the same criticism every time?

So the fights are good but the movie around them is not so much. I guess that is to be expected.

Haven't they made this movie like 3 times before already? Doesn't it get the same criticism every time?

I don't really have any complaints with the story personally, it does what it sets out to do which is establish the characters and sets up the tournament for any possible sequels, of which the actor that plays Sub Zero has signed up for at least 4 more.

I think this is also the directors first movie.

I just got back from getting Covid and watching MK. :lol

This is basically a prequel to Mortal Kombat and a set up for the actual MK film and tournament.

The film was.....aight. Having said that, the action and fighting are nowhere near John Wick 3.

My favorite character, Johnny Cage was missing, but coming in the possible sequel.

I liked most of the cast but Christopher Lambert as Raiden was better and so was Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Shang Tsung, unfortunately.

The costumes were accurate, but Scorpion and Sub Zero need smaller, less bulky costumes. Also, their masks should come on and off supernaturally, not using their hands because it looks cheap.

Goro was wasted, but he looked awesome.

The main character, the new guy they created for this film sucks and better die in the first act of the sequel.

This film is a cheap rental, not even full price rental. The best MK film came out last year, and it was animated. It did everything better. Still, I look forward to the sequel. Maybe they can recast some of the actors, get a better director, writer, and choreographer. Just get the John Wick team.

The best bit of this movie is the opening scene...then it all goes down hill from there.

Nobody stays dead in MK. I wouldnt worry about that.

Well, even if he does stay dead, they can use Kintaro in the sequel.

bvZfT9L.png

*not actual size

We've never seen him in a movie, so the sequel being "MK2" would make sense.

Pretty decent movie. I wish the fights had more meat to them. Not a lot of time spend on popular characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was like a blander version of MORTAL KOMBAT: ANNIHILATION, without the camp sensibility and 90’s charm.

Issues aside, Kano (who’s basically the Johnny Cage of the film,) Sub-Zero and Scorpion (the two scenes he’s in) made the movie watchable, and there were a couple of cool fatalities.

If you want a more satisfying MK fix, just stick to the 1995 film, or watch the animated SCORPION’S REVENGE: It’s got imaginative fight choreography and gore, likable characters with sensible motivation, and it’s faithful to the lore of the games- without hollow lip service; all aspects lacking in the new live-action film.

Here’s hoping SHANG CHI turns out decent.

I had a few whiskeys Friday night and enjoyed it. As far as a pandemic "blockbuster" movie goes, it was better than WW84 and Godzilla vs Kong. I wasn't expecting Citizen Kane going in.

Back