Mortal Kombat - April 16th 2021 - HBO Max & Theatres.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched it. Switched my brain off after the opening scene/fight then forgot about the story and just enjoyed the fights from there on. I enjoyed it. :D

d5SREL9.jpg

They said the keywords I needed to hear:

- Flawless Victory
- Fatality

No matter how cheesy, I'm happy. :rotfl

Watched this over the weekend.. Ugh, this is bad. It's entertaining, but with lots of eye rolling... It was about as good as I thought it would be from the trailers...

I had no idea who this Cole guy was, thought maybe he was some new character from the games (I haven't played a Mortal Kombat game in like forever)? But I guess he was made up for this awful movie. And am I wrong, or isn't Sub Zero supposed to be the good guy and Scorpion the bad guy?? :dunno

The only character I liked better than the original movie(s) was Rayden. Kung Lao was good, Sonya was ok, Lui Kang was ok, Kano was boring, Scorpion was eh, Sub Zero looked ridiculous with that dumb metal mouth cover, Shang Tsung was meh.... And all I kept thinking during the whole movie was seeing Jimmy Olsen playing Jax.. :rotfl

It boggles my mind though, how this could actually be worse than the original. A movie that's 26 years old???? Even Goro looked like ass, and he did crap. His fight scene was laughable.

The best parts of the movie were the scenes with Sub Zero & Scorpion fighting each other. I love a good martial arts movie..

I thought the movie was very fun. The fatalities were great and the fights were pretty cool. The bridge setting looked great.

Kano was pretty funny, but he did get on my nerves a bit because it felt like they relied on him too much earlier on.

Scorpion and Sub Zero were very well done. I really liked how they showed Sub Zero's use of the anything cold - controlling the snow and the cold wind that went with him was really cool.

Agree with folks here though, introduction of a new character was pretty dumb. I didn't care about him at all.

Last edited:
Some good looking Asian dudes in this one, and Marvel can only can up with an ordinary looking dude for Shang Chi you can find in Chinatown sidewalk.

I also didn?t go in expecting Lawrence of Arabia but I did go in expecting the promised fatalities they said they were going to give us and there was one great one and one ok one.

Holy freaking lame

Karli should have been a combatant lol

The actor who played Rayden is the dude from Thor and ichi the killer I call it itchy though lol

These actors are such non-entities and are so not taken seriously as actors that all of their press interviews are about if they play the videogame lol

Lui kang reminded me of Peter Pan for some reason. Don?t ask me why. Dude from the first movie was way more ripped

I had a good time watching this one! Wasn't expecting much of the story line and went to see the fights! I really liked Sub-Zero and Scorpion's costumes. I'm hoping some company make 1/6 figures of them. Their fight was the best scene.

I'm thinking the sequel will be even better. GET OVER HERE!!!

Back