Hawkeye Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^Lol. Every superhero on the Marvel side is/was an Avenger at one time or another. :lol

:exactly:

I guess Punisher, Silver Surfer and a few of the major X-Men are the only popular characters that are exceptions.

Thursday for me.

I still get a little sick at my stomach whenever I think of Spidey as an Avenger.

It's weird because he's always been played as an outcast, but with the Avengers roster beefed up with most major Marvel characters like it is now it'd be weird if he wasn't an Avenger at this point. Every hero knows him, can vouch for him, and most if not all like him. Plus he was a reserve Avenger back in 1991 (along with a reformed Sandman at that). People like to blame Bendis but he wasn't the first to have Spidey join.

But Wolverine...that's the one I'll never understand. And I've heard the reasons. And they're no good to me. :dunno

I'm not much of a fan of the way Hawkeye looks in the movies but I hope he does get made for the ones who do want him. He is a cool character in the movies though

I guess Punisher, Silver Surfer and a few of the major X-Men are the only popular characters that are exceptions.

But remember in Civil War, Cap's side was known as the Secret Avengers & Punisher was part of that albeit briefly. :lol

Getting mine on Tuesday. Hope ssc makes the movie version next.

Ewww -gags- I cannot stand Jeremy Renner.'

Dang my CC didn't go through so he got declined. I'll get it recharged early monday morning so he can be here by Wednesday. He fell at a really bad time since i pay my CC every first of the month.

Looking forward for some early pictures.

CustomPaintWork said:
THEY KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK!

JUST GOT HOME, NO APPARENT QUALITY ISSUES!

LOOKS AWESOME.

WILL TAKE BETTER PICS TONIGHT AND DO VIDEO REVIEW!

uploading now

HAWK1_zps487393b6.jpg

HAWK2_zpsb8e9a777.jpg

HAWK3_zps49077cfe.jpg

HAWK4_zpsa0ad9088.jpg

Tencharacters

Looking good!

It's weird because he's always been played as an outcast, but with the Avengers roster beefed up with most major Marvel characters like it is now it'd be weird if he wasn't an Avenger at this point. Every hero knows him, can vouch for him, and most if not all like him. Plus he was a reserve Avenger back in 1991 (along with a reformed Sandman at that). People like to blame Bendis but he wasn't the first to have Spidey join.

But Wolverine...that's the one I'll never understand. And I've heard the reasons. And they're no good to me. :dunno
Yeah, Spidey was briefly a reservist, but never really considered himself an Avenger (he scooted out quickly when brought back in for consideration during the Busiek/Perez title), and only was willing to help if really necessary. Events conspired to keep Spidey out of groups going back to the early pages of his own book, where he couldn't join the Fantastic Four. I like the idea that Marvel's primary character just can't or won't ever join a group for anything more than an act of brief necessity--like the "New" Fantastic Four he was in in the '90s with Wolverine, Hulk, and Ghost Rider. It's one other thing that makes him distinctive and interesting. Even though the $$ incentive was there, no Marvel editor was willing to change that, until of course, contemporary Marvel which has no qualms about doing anything for the almighty dollar. And where as a result, nothing in comics means much of anything to me. Characters aren't what they used to be, events don't matter, etc.

Wolvie I actually have less issue with because he's always been a team member of one sort or another. He worked with the Canadian government during his first appearance, then immediately joined the X-Men where he's been a member pretty consistently since the '70s.

Again said:
everything is excellent except there's a bit of paint bleeding over the "H" on the switchout head, dunno if it's worth asking for a new head, will sleep on it.

Everything else is great, for those expecting theirs, take care how you slide in the rock piece and make sure it is the correct way. His foot attaches to the rock piece via magnet.

Here are some more pics.

HAWK6_zpsd62cf144.jpg

HAWK7_zps80d08f5d.jpg

HAWK5_zps555c26db.jpg

HAWK8_zps9197c640.jpg

HAWK12_zps2af179d4.jpg

HAWK13_zps493c1d2b.jpg

HAWK11_zps4a9523e6.jpg

HAWK14_zps3ff3d362.jpg

HAWK10_zps368abcaf.jpg

HAWK15_zps72640adb.jpg

10characters

CustomPaintWork said:
I wish the factory was a little less liberal with the paint on the "H" logo. Had the same prob with Joker portraits.

01HAWK_zpsec3822a3.jpg

may ask for a new head, looks a bit amateurish on the "H" logo

Everything else is fine, just wish they were more careful with the logo.

CustomPaintWork3 said:
It's a heavy piece, most of the weight is the base. Rock base literally feels like a hunk of rock.

Everything is connected via magnets and pegs.

Overall excellent execution 9.5 / 10

10chars...

I just called in to pay the rest of my 2 flex payments left on this order, hopefully get mines tomorrow or wed!

Back