Hawkeye Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i can see your point about the old stuff. but really i think they just want their displays to look really good. i dont think they are taunting people with older sold out statues. they are just trying to make their display as appealing as possible and having the lineup of avengers and x-men seems reasonable to me. i have comic cap but dont have thor, classic iron man, or hulk. i will prob get thor, dont want iron man, and dont want to dish 1800 for hulk. esp with the hulk maquette coming. despite the older stuff being sold out, cap and thor can actually be bought for a decent price if you look and wait for the right deal.

I definitely don't disagree with you. I have all the X-Men, which for somebody who started at the top of last year I'm proud to say, even if all but 2 are Regs. But a decent price is relative...for me and many others who I see post here, mainly newer folk, we're out priced. It's not that I completely don't have the money for Cap and Thor, it would mean I couldn't do a bunch of other things and I'm not willing to sacrifice. I don't feel like I'm missing out though so I guess I'm making it seem more of a deal than what it really is. For things that came out before I started collecting, I like a lot but don't feel any kind of way about it.

They are trying to make their displays look good, and I think they succeeded, but if I were a brand new consumer I'd be looking for some of those products and would be disappointed some of the coolest pieces are long gone. If I would have gotten into the game now and had to pay the current market for someone like Gambit, I'd just decide to not even start collecting.

Hawkeye looked INCREDIBLE in person. Congrats to those that have him on order. For those on the fence, jump off and grab him. You won't be dissapointed.

still on the fence. I don't think this will sell out and I'm thinking of waiting for it to be in stock before ordering. Can't decide if to go with SSC and get the print and flexpay or save $25 from a vender. Any one know what size the print is?

Can anyone tell me if SSC charges tax when shipping to NY?

Last edited:
still on the fence. I don't think this will sell out and I'm thinking of waiting for it to be in stock before ordering. Can't decide if to go with SSC and get the print and flexpay or save $25 from a vender. Any one know what size the print is?

the EX prints usually end up being 10x15

The EX will sell out before ship. Course u could prob hop on WL after ship and still get an EX.

You only pay taxes if you live in CA.

thanks for the info guys. Waitlist is a good idea I would only loose out on doing flex pay and I could still cancel if something else comes out... like pf Superman.

I'm already on the wl for Rhino ex, Baroness ex, and joker ex. If I don't get Rhino I might give up buying any.

Can't wait for Hawkeye to join my Avengers setup! :rock

DSC_0059-1.jpg

... But then they have most of the older Avegers and all of the X-Men PFs on display this year. I don't think they should do that. For one they're sold out. It's like teasing newer collectors to me, like "look what we had that you'll probably never get and is also better than a lot of what we're giving you now." And two, for that reason, the older pieces distract from showing off the newer pieces. Stuff like Master Chief gets a prominent display. Hawkeye, Storm, Colossus, they just get mixed in. They should have just had a display with only newer Marvel PFs and included Rhino.

I don't think SS is teasing a consumer in that sense as it would deter from sales.

Those outsold pieces which r high in value and/or difficult to obtain r a testament to the company's success and history in establishing themselves as a contender in their field.

By showcasing some of their past with current and future pieces gives a new consumer a taste of what SS is about: A high-end collectables company which a new collector can buy new pieces at reasonable prices and have some of those pieces increase in value all at the same time sending a message that keeps their current collectors with SS.

Without using words, SS is also stating some of their pieces - past, current, and future - are investments in time, money, and entertainment in collecting.

Last edited:
I was on the fence so long for this - now I'm on the waitlist :thud:. Fun times ahead.

Back