Have SDCC Pics Changed Your Mind?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traylorc

Super Freak
Reaction score
After seeing some of the initial pics from SDCC, do you feel any differently regarding some of the pieces you have pre-ordered or thought about pre-ordering?

Hulk, Iron Man, War Machine, Ms. Marvel - All of these are still considered must buys for me.

She-Hulk - Initially I thought I may like this statue better than the AH comiquette. After seeing more pics, I realize I like the pose of the PF, but prefer the body on the comiquette. The PF is starting to strike me as being too thin.

Black Cat -For a character that oozes sexiness, I'm just not feeling this PF. Too be honest, I prefer the fact on the Legendary Scale Bust to the one on the PF.

Thanos - I'm still glad I canceled this diorama. I really wanted to like this piece. Heck, I convinced myself I was that the face was starting to grow on me. Truth be told, I love the base and I love Mistress Death. But Thanos looks like the freaking Joker on steroids. That cheesy, Cheshire cat grin just ruins this piece for me. A light up infinity gauntlet feature does make looking at Thanoker's face any easier.

Black Panther - Prior to SDCC pics I had no interest in this piece. But after seeing pics this piece is damn impressive and I will probably pick this up.

Spider Man - I keep going back and forth on this piece. One minute I want it, the next I don't know. Still on the fence, and will keep it for now.

Colossus - This has been canceled. I can't pay $300 for one of my favorite X-men wearing a costume that screams "I desperately want Ronald McDonald's job".

Last edited:
Colossus - This has been canceled. I can't pay $300 for one of my favorite X-men wearing a costume that screams "I desperately want Ronald McDonald's job".

:rotfl

Everything i had on order before SDCC is still on order and they still look great to me but that Hulk is really growing on me, the small looking head was putting me off but now i'm almost wanting to order it.

Pretty much same feeling about the stuff:

Awesome: Carnage (well sculpted, huge), Spiderman (dynamic pose,well sculpted, nice detailing), IronMan (dynamic pose, light up, well sculpted), Warmachine (wellsculpted, pose could be more dynamic), Black Panther (great costuming detail, nice pose), Wolvie bust (good detail, jumps out at u)

Pretty good: She-Hulk (good Ex), Ms Marvel (pretty, sexy, good sculpt, no good photos yet)

So-so: Hulk com (bad hair, good sculpt), Black Cat (white brows, mannish face, good sculpt), Thor bust (looks old, big, pretty good sculpt, solid piece), Thanos dio (light up, death looks cool, 1/5 scale)

Meh: Carnage 1:1 (thin dried owl, lacks presence), Colossus (weird face, 1/5 scale), Nightcrawler (1/5 scale, puffy do)

Sorely missing from display/announcement: Cyclops PF, Wolvie/Saber PF, Storm, Gambit (think they didn't want to upstage the 1/5 X-men)

Carnage, IM, WM, Spidey and Black Panther are the outstanding pieces for me.

Last edited:
I like the Iron Man Mark VI and War Machine comiquettes a whole lot more after seeing pics from SDCC. Tempted to preorder both, but I have so much on the plate as it is.

I liked the HT Black Widow a little better after seeing pics as well. Looks spot on like Scarlett. I was initially put off by the original pics and only saw Scarlett in maybe 1 (or 2 tops) of them...and even then I thought the sculpt was only borderline.

My opinion didn't change about the Wolverine 1:1. Still don't care for it. Carnage looked okay, but I like the look of the LSB a little better. The Thor 1:1 is pretty nice, but not something I'd consider purchasing because I'm not big enough a fan of the character.

Hulk: Awesome!!! It gets cooler every time I see it.
She-hulk: Nice statue, but I am concerned the production face may look different. Ms. Marvel is a disappointment based on the preproduction sculpt.
Spider-Man Comiquette: Awesome!! The detail is great from front to back. The size is also impressive.

Where is wolvie, sabretooth, and Gambit????

Solid black cat, she hulk, (surprise black panther looks AWESOME).

Hulk is really big its nice but i already have the PF no idea where to put another hulk that's my concern.

Spidey and carnage look very good. im very impressed with carnage

Colossus CANCELED and Nightcrawaler while it looks good CANCELED not going to do 1/5 X-men

WTF is going on with thanos? i havent seen good pics of him and the gauntlet yet.

I still have Black Cat an She Hulk on order. They both look good.

Ms. Marvel looks good in some pictures but off in others. Still on order though.

Thanos dio looks good in some videos but would like a clear "yes or no" on the light-up feature and his face... Ugh.

Colossus is just sad. I never ordered him and wont be.

Wolverine 1:1: Just wow. The pics on SS site look good but the one they have on display is fantastic. a definite buy.

After seeing a pic of Kuzeh I am now 100% sure I hate him. Before I was only like 96.46% sure.

I still have Black Cat an She Hulk on order. They both look good.

Ms. Marvel looks good in some pictures but off in others. Still on order though.

Thanos dio looks good in some videos but would like a clear "yes or no" on the light-up feature and his face... Ugh.

Colossus is just sad. I never ordered him and wont be.

Wolverine 1:1: Just wow. The pics on SS site look good but the one they have on display is fantastic. a definite buy.

Confirmation :rock2

Pain: Any more light up marvel pieces like X-Men VS Sentinel #1 in the works?

Brant Bridges: Indeed! In fact, Thanos will have a light-up effect in his Infinity Gauntlet. Just reviewed our first samples with the lights - spiffy!

After seeing a pic of Kuzeh I am now 100% sure I hate him. Before I was only like 96.46% sure.

:clap

Confirmation :rock2

Pain: Any more light up marvel pieces like X-Men VS Sentinel #1 in the works?

Brant Bridges: Indeed! In fact, Thanos will have a light-up effect in his Infinity Gauntlet. Just reviewed our first samples with the lights - spiffy!

yeah but I want visual proof... pictures, videos, sex tape etc.

for now, im keeping everything i have on order (psylocke, IM MKVI, Ms Marvel), nothing has changed my mind on those yet.

problem is i haven't liked too much of the new releases enough to order them yet

Well I like War Machine and the Mark VI, but I think I'll hold out for either a Mark III or a Mark V maquette.

LOVE Black Panther. This is on the possibility list.

LOVE Wolvie 1:1 bust but I'm torn about whether to get him or hold off for the brown Wolvie PF. If I get the 1:1 bust I might spring for the Thor. A stunning piece, IMO, and huge!

The other stuff I'm not interested in, although Bullseye looks pretty cool. But you gotta draw the line somewhere.

for now, im keeping everything i have on order (psylocke, IM MKVI, Ms Marvel), nothing has changed my mind on those yet.

problem is i haven't liked too much of the new releases enough to order them yet

That's a good thing isn't it? You won't have to spend more! :wink1:

I think after seeing the Iron Man Mark VI & War Machine maquettes, I'm digging them a LOT more. Only thing is, I can't really swing the cheddar for them right now...... I'm saving my $$ for the Jack Sparrow PF and Spiderman Comiquette :D

Back