Hasbro "Vintage Style" Star Wars 12 inch line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hasbro star wars 12 inch line

From Rebelscum:

'New 12" figures! Cost around $14. Coming Spring 2013: Darth Vader, Episode III Anakin, Clone Trooper, Episode III Obi-Wan. These will have a vintage quality in terms of sculpt and articulation. Most accessories molded right into their hands.'

Hmm... accessories moulded into their hands? "Vintage quality" in terms of sculpt and articulation? $14???

You never know though - the new limited articulation Luke Bespin (from three pack with Boba and Vader) is one of the coolest figures Hasbro has done in a while, despite the basic "vintage" articulation. And the Indy 12" figures from 4 years ago were pretty decent for around $20.

Doesn't GG already cover something like this? Seems like a desperation move by Hasbro since they're not doing well on the SW front.

At $14 each, I could imagine grabbing TEN Jawas or TEN stormtroopers, if I like them, and not even blinking. SS, GG, and HT can't offer us that.

yep more r2s and 3p0s and another chewbacca or great kitbashes i need a lando skiff guard ...I just picked up my dagobah back pack yoda and for 18 bucks for a yoda for my bespin luke he works very well with other 1/6 items ....I"LL gladly pick up cheap if done right ......yep and some jawas and other's red imperial guards.....

But not in the original Kenner 3.75 inch style like GG is doing. Sounds like they'll more replicate the actual 12 inch figures from the 70's.

True, but they weren't all that much different though. The droids, Chewbacca, Stormtroopers, Vader and the Jawa were almost just blown up versions of the 1:18 figures. :lol

I agree. Sounds like they're going for this maybe?:

tempV12luke.jpg

If that's the case, there won't be much salvageable for fill in SS/Hot Toy bashes or customs. I'd still be interested for the OT characters though. At that price point, it'll be hard to say no.

But not in the original Kenner 3.75 inch style like GG is doing. Sounds like they'll more replicate the actual 12 inch figures from the 70's.

Even if it starts that way, once the machine starts rolling I'm sure they'll want to do other stuff.

I agree. Sounds like they're going for this maybe?:

tempV12luke.jpg

If that's the case, there won't be much salvageable for fill in SS/Hot Toy bashes or customs. I'd still be interested for the OT characters though. At that price point, it'll be hard to say no.

if this is the route hasblah goes, all i got to say
DOA

Hmm, shame they're not going for more of a $50.00 or $60.00 price point. Don't think these will be of much use even as filler characters at $14.00. Hasbro must've seen the ridiculous prices GG's Vintage 12" figures are going for and wanted a piece of the action.

That clone looks pretty good. I wonder if Hasblo can make more variations than Sideshow.

That clone looks pretty good. I wonder if Hasblo can make more variations than Sideshow.

They sure have the resources. The only question is whether their product will look good enough to be on a shelf next to the high end stuff.

^ It may be enough for some background army building, no?

Here is one of them, from Rebelscum:
rebelscum_sdcc2012_hasbro_sw_presentation_13.jpg

Looking at the pic, looks like no articulation at the ankles, knees and wrists for sure. So maybe only at the head (side to side?), shoulders/arms (forward and backward only?) , elbow (maybe?) and hips/legs (forward and backward only?). :dunno

^ It may be enough for some background army building, no?

NO! :lol

Looking at the pic, looks like no articulation at the ankles, knees and wrists for sure. So maybe only at the head (side to side?), shoulders/arms (forward and backward only?) , elbow (maybe?) and hips/legs (forward and backward only?). :dunno

Welcome to oldschool.

At least he'll look like an adult clone vs. the birdchested Medis.

Back