Hasbro "Vintage Style" Star Wars 12 inch line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hasbro star wars 12 inch line

I wonder if this is Hasbro's way of telling GG that they need to lower the price on these figures?

Here is one of them, from Rebelscum:
rebelscum_sdcc2012_hasbro_sw_presentation_13.jpg

WOW! Fanstastic! This will look so great next to my Jumbo GG Fett! :yess:

At $14 it'll be ridiculously easy to acquire a collection of 12 inch PT figures. That's only $4 more than their 3.75 counterparts. :lol

I wonder if this is Hasbro's way of telling GG that they need to lower the price on these figures?

As long as GG is painstakingly matching the original Kenner figures down to the last detail there will always be a demand for their pricier versions. I'd certainly be down for a price drop nonetheless. :lol

Not a chance between Heaven and Hell that I ever go back to Hasbro's 1:6 scale line unless they are so damned good, that price is the sole difference between them and Sideshow.

These kind of remind me of those Avengers Mighty Battler figures that have released, with the limited articulation, mostly hard plastic, weapons molded into their hands:

KEN36674.JPG

Same price point too, but aren't they a little smaller...like 10"

Yeah, they still look pretty bad. Hopefully they're affordable as toys; but with basic figures at around $10 These are probably around $40 or $50 :lol

Seriously, these are $12.99, only 3 dollars more than the little figures! So for the price, little kids will like them just fine, and they are nice and cheap.

Sadly, I kinda like the Clone. He looks neat, and reminds me of the old 12 inch Stormtrooper from '78. My son held the clone for 5 seconds, thought about it, and then dropped it back onto the shelf and ran looking for other stuff, so I didn't get one for him either! He probably has his eye on my SS clones instead! :D

Oh, my bad... I hadn't seen a price and was just guessing based on other similarly scaled mass-market stuff. At 12.99 these seem like a great deal for kiddos.

I'm pleasantly surprised as the last 12" Hasbro's were like $20 back when Sideshow as still charging $50ish for a 1/6 figure.

I'm pleasantly surprised as the last 12" Hasbro's were like $20 back when Sideshow as still charging $50ish for a 1/6 figure.

I didn't realise till after I posted that these don't have costumes, they're just moulded and painted plastic (like larger Force Battlers) so I guess that's how they've kept the price down.

It also means they're not direct competitors to SSC's offerings.

It also means these are crap.

wow, won't be buying any of these!the whole reason I started collecting 12 inch was the poseabillity and costumes!!! static figures suck bannanas:monkey1

I didn't realise till after I posted that these don't have costumes, they're just moulded and painted plastic (like larger Force Battlers) so I guess that's how they've kept the price down.

It also means they're not direct competitors to SSC's offerings.

Ah, that makes more sense about the price. But still if they're $13 a piece, that's still less than other companies are charging for their 8" scaled figures.

How to turn the lowcost when you can have quality with sideshow or hot toys. We must pay dearly for it (too much sometimes ...) but I prefer to have less than full of ugly.

The fu--?

So these are basically like the Gentle Giant 12" reproductions, huh?

I agree. These look terrible, but at their pricepoint and their simplicity, they're probably perfect for kiddies.

But it just feels like this is making the whole toy industry take a huge step backwards.

They are the perfect diversion toys for collectors with small kids.

Back