Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look at the Marvel Legends line, they do pretty good work there for the most part. That's at least an indication of what Hasbro are capable of in the 6" scale.

I'm really looking forward to the 'Black Line' personally. :rock

Yup. It's not going to tank. $20 is about what collectors are expecting to pay for a 6" figure nowadays anyway. Look at Mattel's DC figures. Marvel Legends are getting closer to $20 too at most places.

They were giving these away at the Hasbro Booth to the first 30 people who sang "I Drank the Blue Milk from the Blue Harvest" in an Elvis voice.

Took photos in my hotel bathroom, came with a black bar with a melty man in it. How fun!

1rueep.jpg

More info here

They were giving these away at the Hasbro Booth to the first 30 people who sang "I Drank the Blue Milk from the Blue Harvest" in an Elvis voice.

Took photos in my hotel bathroom, came with a black bar with a melty man in it. How fun!

1rueep.jpg

More info here

That's pretty sweet. That looks like the rise of Boba Fett Jango Slave I they released with all the Vlone Wars figures but repainted in Boba Empire Style. Very nice. I'd get one. I've got Jangos. It was only a matter of time before they repainted and repackaged it.

Ok. Just checked the link. Slap! My mistake. But at least I was right about the version. Nice work bro.

Anyone seen these yet? Probably old news.
ugu2y7ev.jpg
e3u5ameh.jpg
6epe8y6a.jpg
2y6amene.jpg

Lots of repacks of course. Hasbro style. The Ceremonial Luke looks like the TAC with a head swap. The padme looks decent but probably a bash. The Anakin maybe as well with a new head. All in all another wave of pass.

After seeing the Toy Fair 2013 coverage around the net, I would have to say that Hasbro is really shaking things up this year. Considering Hasbro's abysmal year, the impending new movies, rising costs in China (approx 20% a year), and increasingly discerning collectors it has been obvious that things needed to change. As such, they are wise to have divided their Star Wars brand into kid orientated products and pricier collector oriented collectables. Here are my impressions:

TF13-HASBRO-SAGALEG-1010_0.jpg

Saga Legends
There has been a lot of negativity surrounding the 5 Points-of-Articulation Saga Legends figures but I think they are a fantastic idea. I can now allow my son to build a collection of figures that are cheaper and less likely to have ball-jointed limbs falling off everywhere. I love that these figures pay homage to the vintage Kenner collection as well. I read that they are even using the same type of pvc plastic so that the figures will better fit with vintage figures. I have always wanted modern sculpting with the original Kenner style so this is a huge plus. In particular, I always wanted an updated "vintage" Vader so I am excited about the mission series 2-pack. Finally, some of the sculpts aren't bad with Jango standing out as the best representation of the character in the 3 3/4th scale. It is amusing to me that collectors who love vintage figures have rejected this line.

Star-Wars-Toy-Fair-2013-040_1360450863.jpg

Cheaper Vehicles
Another Kid oriented change is the move to produce "class II" vehicles for 20 bucks a pop. While these vehicles are smaller and more hollow than some of the previous versions, I love that I can get my kid an inexpensive vehicle that he can bang around without concern for breaking something pricey.

002.jpg

Black Series
While the 3 3/4th Black series figures seem no different than the usual fare, the 6 inch figures look spectacular! I am very excited about this line as I have scaled back my Sideshow 1/6th scale collecting to just core OT figures. I like that I will be able to get high-end Star Wars figures for relatively cheap prices. I just hope the production paintjobs can match what was seen at the show.

Anakin%2520to%2520Darth%2520Vader%2520Toy.jpg

414427_t607.JPG

Anakin1021214.jpg

Anakin to Vader
This is a figure that has grown on me. Considering how much Medicom charges for their figures with voice boxes and lit up lightsabers, it is amusing to see this for a measly $25. While this is not the sort of thing I usually buy, I will probably give in since it seems like such a neat toy...and the helmet sculpt doesn't look too bad.

sarwars_black_obiwan_anakin_2.jpg

Star-Wars-Toy-Fair-2013-031_1360450863.jpg

12 Inch Figures
Great idea.....horrible sculpting. It is almost if Hasbro intentionally wanted these to look like crap. Their 5 POA 3 3/4th figures don't look like they have rigor mortis so I do not understand why the bigger figures need to.

That's pretty sweet. That looks like the rise of Boba Fett Jango Slave I they released with all the Vlone Wars figures but repainted in Boba Empire Style. Very nice. I'd get one. I've got Jangos. It was only a matter of time before they repainted and repackaged it.

Feel I should probably mention by now that this is that guy's own repaint :lol he was joking about any hasbro involvement.

I saw that thread later. Problem now is still want the new one but sore it won't be as good!!! :(

But it is really pleasing to see that with a reasonable amount of work, you can get a studioesque style slave 1! definitely display worthy in a league above usual hasbro sculpts

But it is really pleasing to see that with a reasonable amount of work, you can get a studioesque style slave 1! definitely display worthy in a league above usual hasbro sculpts

Oh definitely. Just depressing that we can't get it straight from the box.

Back