Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SWTOR Republic Trooper from the final wave of VC, never did play the game, loved the trailer but, i like this character design quite a bit plus it was on sale and supposed to be a online exclusive, we got lucky and it showed up here in Canada.

TVC_High_Res_Republic_Trooper-02.jpg

Thanks I am checking eBay now. Being I collect Orange and Black/Red Troopers I see me getting 10 or so of them. Problem is most are in cards.

I wish the 3 SW The old republic figures werent so har to find. I'd love to have an extra one of each to open. Hoping Sideshow gives us the trooper, shae vizla and the Jedi character.

Picked up the Movie Heroes Vader w/light up saber the other day (been looking forever for this one). This figure is so full of win...

IMG_11863.JPG

This is probally the best headsculpt released of Vader by Hasbro to date, hope we see this on a more SA Vader dow the road.

I don't think you have to play the game to love what they have produced. From Malgus to this guy I think its amazing how everything has that "old times" look. Whoever designed this stuff did a really good job at making stuff look like ancient versions of the Star Wars stuff we know and love. I would like to see more Old republic stuff out. The lego Old Republic version of the Tie Fighter looks amazing and I would like to have one of those for Habro Malgus.

I find the Republic Trooper look more advanced then Clones or even Stormtroopers and the design seems to be slightly based off the Republic Commando design.

Commando_1c.jpg

Found a lone Imperial Navy Commander at the dirtiest Target in my 'area.' Considering that was the last one I cared about for the Vintage wave, it was an awesome score.

Not worth $10, but considering there's nothing on the Hasbro Horizon for all next year, or so it seems, I splurged.

Finally found a Seripas (from CW)... first and only time I've ever seen the fig.

Lots of fun (and looks great on my bounty hunter CW shelf).

TCW-4470.jpg

Been looking for Seripas. Great character! 99% of the CW toys don't interest me but he is cool!

I think it's going to remain that way for a good part of the year. The new droid facotry line that they previewed at SDCC has been cancelled and supposedly there won't be much new released until the fall!

I think it's going to remain that way for a good part of the year. The new droid facotry line that they previewed at SDCC has been cancelled and supposedly there won't be much new released until the fall!

This is unfortunately true. Hasbro bombed this last holiday season* with the pegs virtually empty in all of my stores, it looks to stay that way for the next few months.

But wait! There's yet another wave of re-packs coming! Which I have to call bull**it on Hasbro for. It's time to stop re-using figures that were new 5-6 years ago and make new ones.

*by bombed I mean there was nothing but over priced peg warmers and re-packs on shelves for Christmas. Not a single new item was available this holiday!

Yeah, I keep looking but all I see is all of the Phantom Menace figures in the same spot since they came out. Very disappointing.

Gentle Giant and Hasbro working together on a super articulated 6" line? Yes, please. Can't wait to see these. I hope this doesn't mean and end to the 3 3/4 inch line, but I guess it might have run it's course.

Yeah, I don't collect much in this scale but I do have a few select 6" figures...Hasbro's 6" Captain America, Batman & Catwoman Movie Masters, NECA's Robocop(s), a few of Diamond Select's BSG figures. I'm interested to see what Hasbro comes up with. If they are decent, I might pick up core characters...but can't see myself going crazy. It's be like starting all over again. Then again, I can't see them getting as deep into the Star Wars universe with a 6" line as they have with 3 3/4". Nobody's gonna by a 6" Yarna or Aunt Beru ;-)

hmm, kinda wish it was 3A that got the 6" license after their prototypes, but that woulda been a whole diff product (shrunken 1/6 in standard, rather than enlarged 3"3/4 like these will be, in price too though)

Back