Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hasbro_2010_jabba_repaint1.jpg

What'd you use for the larger gargoyle heads?

Nicely done, icruise!

Just picked up a few of these "vintage" carded figures...it's kind of a kick seeing a prequel movie title on these old-style cardbacks.

I couldn't resist...I had to open the magna guard.

5026559122_59f260a55c_b.jpg

And WOW! What a fantastic figure! When the Hasbro Team knocks one out of the park, they really knock it!

5025942811_5420b5a35b_b.jpg

It's a rare thing that cloth works at this scale, but coupling this with a much better material for the figure's body and limbs, making the body multiple pieces to add detail and creating really effective articulation and we get a really good figure of these menacing henchmen, er, droids of the Separatist Droid General...

5026559046_1e540306b8.jpg

I'm trying to cut back on figures...but Hasbro's making that really hard with great figures like this! Really good job here, especially at this scale....

I'd love to see Sideshow take a crack at this one and see if the results would be as effective at 1:6 scale....

I know what you mean. A friend of mine was able to score the rare TRU SW line that has the spacetrooper etc...What a pain it is...:gah:

I think that would be very difficult to pull off. It would probably look strange even if you could technically do it. The best idea is probably to tweak her outfit somehow instead.

BBTS and EE have the ROTJ wave up due for November. I got the case with double Gammy Guards.

I'm probably going to do the same, but may get two cases. I definitely want one to keep carded and one to open of most of this wave. I'm glad Yoda was bumped from this wave, he was terrible.

In the past few weeks I've picked up vintage 2X Boba Fett, Foil Boba Fett, 2x Darth Vaders, 4-Lom, Dengar, and a SL Bossk.

Pretty great figures but I kept 1 Vader, 1 Boba Fett, and Foil Fett carded!

Hopefully my Mail-Away Boba Fett should be here in the next week!

Picked up Jabba at my local Walmart this morning, there was a end cap full of them at $35. I had to sift through a good 12-15 before i found one that had a decent paint job on Oola's eyes.

Back