Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want a few figures from the 2000's but primarily Snowtroopers and Hoth Rebel Troopers for my diorama. I stopped collecting maybe around late 1999, or 2000 and at that time I was missing very little of the 3.25" line. Unfortunately the only record I have of everything is stuck somewhere on the Wedge Collection Engine. I'd really hate to do a new inventory now. I'd love to get rid of duplicates to thin out the store requirements.

Your Hoth setup is awesome. But the Cantina, Hoth, and Jabba's Palace are the three dioramas I'd like to keep my duplicates of. Sorry! I am thinking it best just to advertise some sort of huge garage sale with kid friendly and collector friendly prices for everything I own. eBay is a hassle and not worth it with the fees and messing around with the post office. I'm sure I've got some gems tucked away but am not sure which items they might be.

That seems to be a thing with Hasbro right now. I thought they'd put that POTF2 attribute behind them.

And the softgoods look stupid as usual.

Yes I agree for the most part. I like it when the capes are Softgoods, but when they have softgood jackets and dresses I think it looks stupid.

That seems to be a thing with Hasbro right now. I thought they'd put that POTF2 attribute behind them.

And the softgoods look stupid as usual.

There is absolutely not one redeeming thing about that figure.

The bag sucks
The softgoods suck and is huge.
Tiny head.
Crap likeness
WRONG cane. WTF!

I still prefer my old POTF Degobah Yoda.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I just can't stand softgoods, they look ridiculous. And unfortunately after that one sculpting hiccup on a 2003/4 Emperor (actually can't remember the year) they seem to think softgoods is now the way to go every time. As a result I never replaced my POTF2 Emperor and I preference the AOTC version of the Crimson Royal Guard even though they verge on being orange rather than red. I'd rather have soft sculpts and discolouration over absurd puffy softgoods parachutes.

I wholeheartedly agree, fabric just doesn't belong on a 3.25" figure that is otherwise predominantly sculpted. It's not like they're producing a tiny 3.25" naked body and doing all the clothing out of fabric, so what's the point?

''but its for the articu-mul-ations'' and ''go buy a statue'' etc etc etc yawn.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

My dad liked soft goods while we collected. I hated them. I preferred sculpted details every time. Softgoods is one reason I'm jumping ship on the 6" series. It kills the look of the figure. I like Maul's sculpted robe. It doesn't look like a cheap toy. It looks like an artist replicated what I saw on screen. But I heard they're doing Palpatine in softgoods... :monkey4

I have not purchased a 3.75" figure since the "Vintage Series". The black series has not been too exciting and it seems that everywhere is still hanging on wave one or two. I have been both MOC and Loose collector of SW since 1995 have all series. Another reason I have hesitated to make a black series purchase is that I noticed many time the blister is hanging off or has fallen off. Looks like the adhesive is of poor grade. Actually overall the black series look pretty weak. There are a handful I would like to purchase: Pablo Jill, Wookie Soldier and Skiff Guard. But only for MOC purposes. But then again will the blister fall off

The only 3.25" stuff I still collect is original Kenner vintage and Fisher Price Adventure People - outside of vintage toys, I only collect 1/6th figures, and in that space, soft-goods are a must. With few exceptions they don't work well at the 1/18th scale - physics just gets in the way. ;)

Last edited:
The only 3.25" stuff..

It's 3.75" FYI.. :lol

SG can work for the small figures - sometimes. A lot of times it doesn't, & I know a-dev's been against it since our chats over at RS back in the day.. but again - some figures actually can benefit from it.

For example, people went on & on about that 'Evolutions' Palpatine figure with the wild robe. Sure, out of the package it looked horrendous, but I worked it just by tucking & folding the right way, & it looks excellent now. When I find a pic I'll post it for y'all.. :)

Unfortunately, I could only find a WIP photo - & the figure's in storage at the moment.

p21.JPG

Still - even at the above stage, it was coming together well. The first thing I did was remove that little black plastic choker chain that the figure came with, & that then allowed the hood to be shaped properly. As mentioned, some concentrated tucking & folding, followed by a little glue here & there to keep the futzed bits permanent - & done. I turned an 'Order 66' Palpatine basically, into the ROTJ Emperor with a small amount of effort, & it looks pretty definitive. The base figure is great to begin with, so that helps too.

Unfortunately, I could only find a WIP photo - & the figure's in storage at the moment.

p21.JPG

Still - even at the above stage, it was coming together well. The first thing I did was remove that little black plastic choker chain that the figure came with, & that then allowed the hood to be shaped properly. As mentioned, some concentrated tucking & folding, followed by a little glue here & there to keep the futzed bits permanent - & done. I turned an 'Order 66' Palpatine basically, into the ROTJ Emperor with a small amount of effort, & it looks pretty definitive. The base figure is great to begin with, so that helps too.

Wow, I remember that pic from back in the day, forgot it was yours.

It looks good, I would just rather not have to put so much effort into a tiny figure like this. I also ruined many a figure with stains by using the wrong type of glue trying to achieve a somewhat decent look and in the end not being particularly successful anyway.

Just give me a decent solid sculpt. But no, they don't do that anymore. Probably the best chance is that 5 POA line if they're still doing that.

Hasbro really needs to work on the adhesive for their black series. Half of the figures on the pegs at Toys r Us had their blister taped up and there were a few figures with blisters half open. **** Hasbro your making shop lifters jobs easy! FYI I'm not a shoplifter

I agree the 12" stuff without softgoods felt like an overly priced, cheap toy. Actually Hasbro didn't do a half bad job on many of the outfits of their Collector Series. It was the sculpts and lack of paint apps that made their stuff look bad. I've seen people take Hasbro gear here and mod it to a high end custom. I've also seen repaints of some of the sculpts and am thoroughly impressed with what people could achieve. When I take possession of the collection from my parents' house, I don't intend on modding any of them. Too much time and skill I don't have required. Besides, I have a special place for all '90s SW toys.

As for softgoods in the 3 3/4" line, I don't disagree some of it can look good but it shouldn't require water treatments, glue, mods, etc. I also hated the lack of consistency in the lines on what was cloth and what was sculpted.

I purchased my first 3.75" black series figure "Pablo Jill" yesterday! Great figure I will keep it MOC I just hope the blister does not fall off

That looks really good. Nice job.
Thanks man! :)

I think I'll just start using 4" from now on..
Yeah, I use that too, it's close enough for context.

Wow, I remember that pic from back in the day, forgot it was yours.

It looks good, I would just rather not have to put so much effort into a tiny figure like this. I also ruined many a figure with stains by using the wrong type of glue trying to achieve a somewhat decent look and in the end not being particularly successful anyway.

Just give me a decent solid sculpt. But no, they don't do that anymore. Probably the best chance is that 5 POA line if they're still doing that.
Yeah, it's been a while since I did that custom - & thanks dude. I get your POV, but it didn't take a lot of effort really.

Speaking of those new 5POA figures, there are some GREAT sculpts in that line, truly.

Back