Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a little bit overwhelmed and demoralised by the whole thing to be honest. I have never had an organisational system in place for my collection, never had individual bags for each figure's accessories etc, so there's guns, staffs and all sorts of random crap and I have no idea who they belong to. I even lost track of what figures were from what multipacks, which ewok was paired with what other ewok etc. If I were to ever sell my collection it'd be a massive undertaking figuring all this out and that before the hassle of actually trying to sell it.

The trooper situation is even worse than I thought. Biker scouts and stormtroopers, some have gone uniformly yellow while others are in parts yellow - not sure which looks worse. Is it even worthwhile trying to protect them at this point, I dunno. Certainly not buying any more of the things. My army building days, such as they were, are done.

And all these duplicates I have, some deliberately bought, others acquired through multipacks....I'm wondering is it worth keeping them. If I do ever set up my dioramas again, well, that's what I bought duplicates for and thus there would still be a point in having them. But if I never do then they're just taking up space and adding to the clutter in the meantime which I'm getting increasingly sick of.

As I said, a bit overwhelmed but I still feel I should go back into my storage unit and weed out what I may get rid of one way or another. (it would all be junky stuff, nothing of interest to anyone here I'm quite sure)

If you're feeling overwhelmed, sounds like it's indeed time to take stock man. :lol

After a very long hiatus, I started going hard again around 2006 - & while not going completely overboard, ended up with too much crap.

For the last couple of years now, I've been selling things off & organizing what I've got into one clean neat area - with a small amount of stuff out, or conveniently stored to take things out if I want to.

Once it feels like it's getting away from you - & especially if things don't really serve a purpose anymore - get rid of it. :lecture

Thanks for that. You're right of course. But man, the whole thing of thinking about what you would keep and why, what you would remove and why....daunting in itself. I want to do it though. At least assemble in one place everything I don't want anymore, after that figure out how to get rid of it....

Moving or long term storage, tissue paper FTW. But… Nothing (sane) is likely to protect something that was made with defective or improper materials. I have a couple of Hasbro POTF2 loose figures (Vader and ObiWan battle I think?) where the rubber has started to gum up. Unrelated product, but similar situation, every Microsoft mouse I've ever owned (4 of them) every rubber part on them has disintegrated. Probably due to the adhesive they used, but I'll never buy an MS mouse again - even new models suffer these issues.

Yeah, true.

None of this stuff was made to last forever unfortunately - although it's arguable that vintage toys seem to disprove that on more than the odd occasion, & what a testament to a bygone era that is.

A-dev; just take it a step at a time man. Sit down one day & think about what you absolutely couldn't care less about & start separating those things - or do the exact opposite. Put aside your absolute 'keeper' items first, then slowly pick away at your plastic mountain until you've gotten some kind of handle on it.

If you haven't got one already, go & buy a plastic tackle box with a lift out tray. They're excellent for SW accessories, itemizing weapons, figure parts etc. I did that a while back & now I know where everything is in a moment's notice.

For me, I'd not worry about selling this stuff unless it's carded, and even then any of the PT stuff is probably not worth the time. Box up what you don't want, bag or tissue paper what you do, and take the rest to Goodwill man. Some guys have the patience and organization to sell this stuff, but it sounds your collection is yours, so if you need the space more than the cash, just give to a needy family. Can't tell you how many toy biz 5 inch and Todd McFarlane stuff I'm giving away! It's hard, but my taste have certainly changed so it's time. Star Wars is next on my list to toss.

Agreed. For things you don't want or just want to get rid of I follow this rule as well. If it's loose give to CHKD. If it's carded sell it.

My thing that helped me figure out what to keep was the evolutions packs. I really liked the idea of seeing certain characters evolve throughout the series. So u decided I was going to collect my favorite characters across all 6 movies and get rid of the rest.

I had a lot of expanded universe stuff but in the end I could live without those so the plan went into action. Now I only collect 1 of each outfit or "evolution" for each if the following main characters:

Anakin/Vader
Obi-Wan
Palpatine
Yoda
C3PO
R2D2
Luke
Leia
Han
Lando
Chewy
Imperial Troops 2 of each
Very few clones

So I'll collect each outfit these characters were wearing in all 6 movies. For example Anakin. I've got:
TPM
•1.Anakin dessert
•2.Anakin pod racer
•3.Anakin naboo fighter
•4.Anakin padawan
AOTC
•5.Anakin
•6.Anakin peasant
•7.Anakin secret ceremony
ROTS
•7.Anakin
•8.Vader
9.Anakin burned
•10.Vader op table
ANH
•11.Vader
ESB
•12.Vader
ROTJ
•13.Vader
•14.Anakin Hayden spirit
•15.Anakin Shaw spirit.

Makes life easier when I'm only looking for those characters. Once if completed all the outfits from one character it gets closed out.

I also forgot:
Darth Maul
Dooku
Qui Gon
Bounty Hunters
For the troops I've got 2 of each of:
TPM
•1.Senate guard
•2.Senate guard
AOTC
•1.Clone trooper
•2.Clone trooper
•3.Clone trooper
•4.Clone trooper
•5.Clone captain
•6.Clone sergeant
•7.Clone Liutenant
•8.Clone commander
•9.Clone pilot
•10.Clone pilot
•11.Boss
•12.Fixer
•13.Scortch
•14.Sev
ROTS
•15.Cody
•16.Gree
•17.Neyo
•18.Vil
ANH
•1.Stormtrooper
•2.Stormtrooper
•3.Sand trooper
•4.Sand trooper
•5.Tie pilot
•6.Tie pilot
ESB
•7.Snowtrooper
•8.Snowtrooper
ROTJ
•9.Biker scout
•10.Biker scout
•11.Royal Guard
•12.Royal Guard
•13.AT-AT Driver
•14.AT-AT Driver

And then of course choice vehicles. I'm big on speeder and swoop bikes so I collect all of those. At lease one of each and two of the ROTJ bikes.

Hey, Is the Anakin to Darth Vader 12 inch Hasbro Figure worth getting? Is it a good figure?

I've seen it at Walmart but I didn't know if the Darth Vader extra parts are too flimsy or delicate. It made me wonder,
Qfr27DV.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to get that for the Vader helmet dome. Apparently, it's no good to use towards putting a good 1/6 custom Vader together.

The rest of the set I wouldn't touch. :lol

Hey, Is the Anakin to Darth Vader 12 inch Hasbro Figure worth getting? Is it a good figure?

I've seen it at Walmart but I didn't know if the Darth Vader extra parts are too flimsy or delicate. It made me wonder,
Qfr27DV.jpg

Bought one for my 2 year old he loves me. Otherwise no.

Those are some nice cases. Do you have more info about them somewhere?

On the left, the tall one, is IKEA Detolf, sitting on top of a slightly modified (cut down) IKEA Akurum 15" Upper Cabinet (kitchen department). The big display area sits on top of an IKEA Malm 3-drawer dresser which I've extended with a door to the right. The shelving is plywood (Hoth) and MDF (the others) with glass for the top two. Secured to the wall with IKEA brackets. The glass doors are custom-cut and slide on metal tracks I bought from McMaster Carr online. Everything is lit with LED Ribbon and powered from a supply inside the wall, operated by a light switch to the left of the Detolf (you can see there are 3 switches there).

Qfr27DV.jpg

It doesn't look bad for what it is. Considering that it includes a light-up lightsaber and soundclips, I think it is fun. I like it better than the other 1/6th Hasbro Vaders. However, it is definitely a toy and nothing about is is high-end. The dome and mask are ROTS style, probably from a CG model of the ROTS helmet. The dome is way too small to replace the dome on any of the Sideshow Vaders and too large to replace the dome of the Medicom Vaders.

It doesn't look bad for what it is. Considering that it includes a light-up lightsaber and soundclips, I think it is fun. I like it better than the other 1/6th Hasbro Vaders. However, it is definitely a toy and nothing about is is high-end. The dome and mask are ROTS style, probably from a CG model of the ROTS helmet. The dome is way too small to replace the dome on any of the Sideshow Vaders and too large to replace the dome of the Medicom Vaders.

Yeah, I was thinking about taking one and trying to fix it and make it better. Nothing fancy, Just try to probably glue the Vader parts in and change the cape into a better fabric.
But I don't know If It would be worth it or not, Specially if I couldn't replace the cape correctly.
the Vader parts seem thing and flimsy.

I could be wrong, but any of the late 90s / early 00s 12" Hasbro Vader figures; like that one from the 'Sith Lords' two pack with Maul for instance.

Doing a bit of lurking on Rebelscum, just saw a post of yours. Agreed about the tiny head issue on Ree Yees and Doallyn. It was the very first thing that struck me about those two. What the hell is going on there?

I maintain that this black series crap is the most confusing and awful marketing they've ever done for the Star Wars license. It took me a while to figure out what was 3 3/4 inch and what wasn't. And I still don't know what scale those 5 poa figures are. :dunno

Back