Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Chewie is awesome...I've pretty much retired from Hasbro in this last year. Really wanting an exit point to being a collector is growing in my heart a bit. Also, once you have some cool Sideshow and HT star wars, its hard to stay interested in 4" size!

I agree. I've maintained a small collection of 4 inch figs even after I sold off about 90% of that collection.

Orangepeace, really great work. Which figure is the Han hs from?

Han Recipe.

Head TVC Bespin Han
Torso TVC Bespin Han (Modified arm plugs filled in and added back shoulder pockets.)
Arms Saga 2 TVC Endor Han
Hands Saga 2 Skiff Han
Belt Saga 2 Skiff Han
Legs & Pelvis Saga 2 TVC Endor Han (Modified Legs with sculpted yellow stripes and glued to belt)
Holster & Blaster Saga 2 TVC Endor Han (Modified holster with leg strap and Blaster with added trigger guard.)

That Chewie is awesome...I've pretty much retired from Hasbro in this last year. Really wanting an exit point to being a collector is growing in my heart a bit. Also, once you have some cool Sideshow and HT star wars, its hard to stay interested in 4" size!

I sold almost all my Hasbro to fund my 1/6.

I recently started unpacking some of my Hasbro 1/6 collection to put on display. I've got a display mirroring the 1977/78 and 1997/98 Kenner character releases and an entire shelf of just 1997-2000 Kenner/Hasbro.

Here's one I unpacked just moments ago and need to share, Boba Fett. This is the only way I've been able to get him to stand on his own. Maybe if his head weren't the size of a pin he wouldn't have to be leaned so far over.

And it wouldn't be Hasbro without the following.... This is from unpacking just two or three figures. ;)

I swear that someone at Hasbro has a brother-in-law that owns a plastic-covered wire company.

Last edited:
Thankfully I can recycle all the other ****. But honestly, it does make me sick at how incompetently and unconscionably their packaging is designed. But this is an issue that plagues many companies.

Unrelated, I still can't figure out why the word filter on this forum is set so aggressively - I've never seen that anywhere else before.

None of them have stands at the moment. At the back, the one legged Taun Taun is leaning against the wall and Hoth Luke and Leia are leaning against the Taun Taun. But the others are just accidents waiting to happen. ;) I'll be grabbing some generic stands later in May and will re-arrange the figures so that only the strongest among them with good stances are at the front, and the ones at the back will all use stands. I also have a few more in boxes that I may put further back - they'll be mostly hidden, but at least they won't be taking up storage space elsewhere.

Hasbro 12" figures don't have ankle joints. It's one of the reasons they're often hard to stand on their own.

Aha - there you go, thanks.

There's a toy store at my local mall, that has a few older Hasbro 12"ers in a display case for sale at the moment - they've been there forever.

I think from memory, they've got Walrus Man, Tarkin, Bespin Lando, & a Super BD. They're all at TOP dollar in there, slowly gathering dust. :lol

I guess they're hoping that the one person who's never heard of eBay one day walks through the store with cashing burning a hole in their pockets. ;)

Back