HASBRO AOU 18" Hulkbuster Titan Hero (WITH IN HAND PICS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still waiting for my Gaia clear red paint to arrive from east Asia so I started on some gold detailing, I'll mask it off and add another coat once the red is applied, I've actually ordered some Tamiya TS-74 clear red spray paint from a uk supplier because I'm getting impatient with the other stuff. Hopefully it looks good as well.
image.jpg

Thanks bud, pretty pleased with how they turned out!

When I do get the red Gaia paint what kind of paint to acetone ratio should I use?

I usually go 50/50. Fill your airbrush bottle halfway with the paint and then fill the rest with acetone. The acetone pretty much just evaporates anyway.
And by building it up in layers, it will look great. If you have one of those cheapy £10 "buy it in asda" smaller IM figures, do a test spray on that first. Just till you get the hang of it.

501099485238_A

I usually go 50/50. Fill your airbrush bottle halfway with the paint and then fill the rest with acetone. The acetone pretty much just evaporates anyway.
And by building it up in layers, it will look great. If you have one of those cheapy £10 "buy it in asda" smaller IM figures, do a test spray on that first. Just till you get the hang of it

501099485238_A

That's great thanks, I'm out and about today so I'll grab something to practice on.
:wink1:

Looks great! I am looking forward to seeing the details starting to pop.
I picked up a new IM MK46 at Toys R Us on friday and although it's a bit small for 1/6, i stripped it and dremelled out out to make a generic "robocop" kind of figure. It almost perfectly fits over a Truetype bootleg figure.

Looks great! I am looking forward to seeing the details starting to pop.
I picked up a new IM MK46 at Toys R Us on friday and although it's a bit small for 1/6, i stripped it and dremelled out out to make a generic "robocop" kind of figure. It almost perfectly fits over a Truetype bootleg figure.

thanks, I'm looking forward to it as well. Nice find on the Iron man, you'll have to post some pics when its done, I practised on a mk3 cheapie before I did this. I used Tamiya TS74 clear red spray in the end (4 and a half cans) because the Gaia still hasn't arrived but I'm more than the happy with the result.
but it means my air brush is still virgin fresh lol.

quick question...how much should I thin down the Tamiya acrylic gold paint for when I start hand painting it & should I use water or Thinners?
thanks bud

I'm pretty much done, spent a long time finishing it over the weekend. I'd say it's about 90% done, bit of clean Up work and gotta screw it back together then lastly a clear coat, but overall really happy with how it's turned out, I really like the battle damage effect.
These are just a couple of phone pics. Once it's fully done I'll use my DSLR
image.jpgimage.jpg

I'm pretty much done, spent a long time finishing it over the weekend. I'd say it's about 90% done, bit of clean Up work and gotta screw it back together then lastly a clear coat, but overall really happy with how it's turned out, I really like the battle damage effect.
These are just a couple of phone pics. Once it's fully done I'll use my DSLR

image%20front.jpg

image%20back.jpg

Sweet!!!
You have done very well. Great work!

Dang. That looks amazing.
Thank you so much :)
Sweet!!!
You have done very well. Great work!
I appreciate it & all the help & advice you've given & of course for providing me with the original figure itself.
Cheers dude!
Yeah, looks really good!
Thanks very much, it was seeing your original post and the work you had done that sparked the flame for me.
Thanks for the inspiration.

I can't afford the hot toys version so this more than makes up for it for me, even though I know there's no comparison but it's ok because I know that I did it myself :)
Next part of the project is to add LEDs...better get researching

Back