Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had also wondered about a black wash. Maybe that and then some kind of gloss clear over it? I'm not too knowledgeable on painting =(. I have the crappy "sad puppy" vader and was gonna try a practice run on him haha

just tried a black wash and it looks great, eyes still seem to be as glossy with wash. :clap

the wash really darkens the red and looks much better, is this darker maroon with wash. relieved cuz was plottin on tryin to hunt down one with the darker eyes but not needed happy now. may apply another wash to darken it further but by then i may loose the gloss so will resist.

used small brush, and pushed wash around into corners and tried to make it even as possible, let it dry. was abit tentative was afraid to ruin it but looks great and if i really want to go back to the bright red look can easily wipe it off with wet rag.

i think the bright red eyes with a wash looks better than the darker brown stock ver seen here to be honest. stoked. its a darker red but still red not brown.
https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1132969&page=27

just tried a black wash and it looks great, eyes still seem to be as glossy with wash. :clap

the wash really darkens the red and looks much better, is this darker maroon with wash. relieved cuz was plottin on tryin to hunt down one with the darker eyes but not needed happy now. may apply another wash to darken it further but by then i may loose the gloss so will resist.

used small brush, and pushed wash around into corners and tried to make it even as possible, let it dry. was abit tentative was afraid to ruin it but looks great and if i really want to go back to the bright red look can easily wipe it off with wet rag.

i think the bright red eyes with a wash looks better than the darker brown stock ver seen here to be honest. stoked. its a darker red but still red not brown.
https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1132969&page=27

Cool. So just mix a little gloss black and some water, yeah?

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

Darn, I'm pretty excited for Tarkin. I guess it'll be good to hold off on the spent after I pay an obscene price for the SDCC exclusive Thrawn ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. So just mix a little gloss black and some water, yeah?

yeah was acrylic black mixed with water, not sure this black is gloss or not but may be says "perm black" lol for name, via a hobby lobby style mini paint set.

I'll wait for the solo 40th Vader release, i'm not paying $47 for a 6" Hasbro figure. :lol

They're not rereleasing it on the vintage card. If they do rerelease it, it'll be in one of those standard black coffin boxes.

I'll be ok with that but thank you for giving me and others the heads up just incase. I'm sure for many having that is important.

If my wife sees one more loose package taking up room in the attic or a closet she will flip lol.

This set is worth paying $40 and getting bitched at for. Could be worse. You could be paying $300 for a doll and a crappy shoe box style box that takes up even more space!

C'mon admit it you know you want that bad ass HT RO Vader even though it's RO.

This new 6" is all kinds of bad ass himself, I might not be able to resist getting him now.

He blows away their last attempt.

Last edited:
C'mon admit it you know you want that bad ass HT RO Vader even though it's RO.

This new 6" is all kinds of bad ass himself, I might not be able to resist getting him now.

He blows away their last attempt.

It IS badass jye, you'll see when you come across one in person. The stand is actually really well done too, and pretty classy in person. Worth the extra $20 for sure!

So was there a Celebration exclusive version of the Vader legacy pack? I ask because by the time I finally make my way to their booth it was sold out yet the exclusive Luke was still available.

I saw the Vader set at Target today and could not pass it up.

It looks INCREDIBLE.

It's way beyond what you'd expect, even if you've seen photos online. Bravo, Hasbro. I'm wowed for the first time since the big AT-AT and Falcon.

And to think you can get the FULL SET of the original 12 Kenner figures in 1:12 scale with the vintage packaging and a big vintage display stand for the price of one hot toys 1:6 scale... It's a pretty fair deal.

So was there a Celebration exclusive version of the Vader legacy pack? I ask because by the time I finally make my way to their booth it was sold out yet the exclusive Luke was still available.

No, they had a limited number of Vader legacy packs but it was the same one you can buy at the store. The only exclusive was the X-Wing Luke.

I got Han at my local Best Buy today. No sign of any others there, or at the adjacent Target. I really hope they restock these well enough so I can get R2. After him I'll try getting the Sandperson, the Jawa, and maybe 3po

The only disappointing thing is the multi-lingual packaging. Looks really cluttered. Rather have it true to the 1970s versions.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

So I bough Vader today and cracked him open. He really does look amazing and I like the stand way more than I thought I would. It's bigger than I expected and really adds some life to my display. I wish it didn't feel so cheap though....

As for Vader himself I don't think there's anything to say that hasn't already been said. He's awesome and is one of the few black series that can stand alongside import figures.
4e4abc59f0178c175d91e9524bb0ec65.jpg
ec128d02854ddb8254dbea5aa4490f6a.jpg
da4c63a6babaa10cf7a9d6423c009294.jpg
79b8b4787a24c3c0c6dbbdbf449a0be1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Back