Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to ask an employee. First one wouldn't do it when I went in the morning. He said there was a street date and he couldn't put them out till the 16th. I went back again this afternoon and hit up a different employee and she went in the back and got them for me. She came out with a big case of 4, I got two. Used the Star Wars deal they had.

What is your zip code?

I finally got a Vader at my Target today too.. Been using some online website that checks stores with DPCI numbers. Yesterday I checked and it said my local Target had 1. Took a ride, but wasn't on shelf so didn't bother to ask. Today site showed 5 so I went, none out, but an employee was in the next aisle over scanning stuff. Asked him to check, gave him number, he went in back and got me one.... I'll say the videos on you tube don't do it justice. I couldn't believe how accurate his helmet looked. Best smaller scale Vader I've ever seen. Puts the previous 2 Hasbro versions and my SH Figuarts and MAFEX all to shame. Should have picked up 2.... I'll buy another one eventually. I did use the $10 off $50 coupon though. Picked up the AC-ACT driver Target exclusive. For $10 why not, wouldn't have bought it for $20.

İ ll stay times sqaure tomorrow for holiday is there any place where i can find 40th anniversy black serie darth vader figure ? İ hope disney store or midtowncomics have one

Man, I want that Vader, I'll probably get it, but is the sculpt really better than the original? BBTS has both in stock.

Yeah, the original was terrible but this one is actually really nice. Even beats out the Bandai model kit for me, and that was the pinnacle of 6" Vaders. The paint is surprisingly good too, they replicated the look of the prop pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even beats out the Bandai model kit for me.

I find this very hard to believe. The Bandai has the perfect sculpt, height and proportions. It's a pain in the ass to pain him and give him a fabric cape and robes but after that I don't see how the BS could beat it, judging by pics that is.

74on2da.png

Man, I want that Vader, I'll probably get it, but is the sculpt really better than the original? BBTS has both in stock.

Yeah, it's better. Get it. It's a digital scan of the actual mask and helmet.

The first one wasn't bad, it's just the removable helmet and mask feature warped the **** out of it making it look like a droopy faced/eyed puppy dog. Took way too much work (heating, bending, gluing, cutting) to get it to look good.

This is the best 6" Vader to date, right out of the package. You'll see when you get a sense of it when you get it in hand.

Yeah, it's better. Get it. It's a digital scan of the actual mask and helmet.

The first one wasn't bad, it's just the removable helmet and mask feature warped the **** out of it making it look like a droopy faced/eyed puppy dog. Took way too much work (heating, bending, gluing, cutting) to get it to look good.

This is the best 6" Vader to date, right out of the package. You'll see when you get a sense of it when you get it in hand.
Oh I didn't know that. Nice.

Shiiiieee* aight. I'll set my PO.

Edit: This guy compared both and he seems to still gravitate towards the Bandai a little.

Still, it looks fantastic, BS seems to be a better ANH Vader and Bandai seems to be the better ESB Vader, articulation seems pretty inferior in the BS though, not that it needs it.

Gah, I need it.

Last edited:
Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

I find this very hard to believe. The Bandai has the perfect sculpt, height and proportions. It's a pain in the ass to pain him and give him a fabric cape and robes but after that I don't see how the BS could beat it, judging by pics that is.

74on2da.png

Yeah but also keep in mind you're comparing what equates to a custom figure to a stock Hasbro figure. I customized my Bandai kit to basically that (and did a little to the helmet to make it more accurate to ANH) and I still like the Black Series better. It's definitely influenced by the fact that the BS is an actual figure overall, so obviously the construction and heft are better, and that goes a long way for me.
449bd85f92832bddb0c852667283fbb2.jpg

b04304f75ddfa967229534e4b1da3fec.jpg

d2da8c8d40f0145cc1f997fdbe3d7a74.jpg

Well modelkits are made for that, to mess with them, but I get your point, I also give preference to as-is figures over custom stuff, because it's more satisfying to get something someone else made as perfect as it can be, than making it perfect yourself, plus I can't be bothered to custom stuff every time, I did it with Vader because I thought it was worth it since the proportions and the sculpt were already perfect.

So I may end up liking it better too.

Do you have a side-by-side pic by any chance?

Btw your pics are really selling it to me, I can't wait.

Last edited:
What's the DCPI for Vader at Target? I have one ordered at BBTS, but I like checking paint in-person.

EDIT: O dang, it looks like my local Target has 3. I checked at Brickseek.
I'll have to swing by there tomorrow on the way to work.

Last edited:
Wow - I only have a small handful of BS figs, but I'm definitely grabbing that new Vader. Great sculpt by Hasbro.:clap

Do you have a side-by-side pic by any chance?

I thought the proportions on the model kit were great, but now I think it's a little skinny. The BS version is stockier although a little shorter but I think it better reflects Vader, especially in ANH. The helmet is much better too, the brow of the model kit looks a little too sharp to me.
f04d6c677502133c6762487538123e91.jpg

c6f12a28b8d9f2b0b35642de5f9a2167.jpg

Back