Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder if they're going to keep the classic cardbacks coming. Seems like they're pretty popular among the target audience. Honestly, it's the only reason I want them

Found the Vader set at Best Buy today of all places, along with the Kenner card Solo and Black Series Old Ben. I forgot what blu ray I had gone in there for. :lol

Nice. Didn't think Best Buy carried figures. I'm glad so many stores are picking this subline up.

I ended up caving and bought Luke, Ben, Han, Leia and R2 from Target today using the same DCPI trick I used with Vader. Got them from the back room, straight from a fresh sealed case. The cardbacks are pretty awesome. I didn't really like the new format of them (would have preferred scaled replicas without the trilingual info) but after opening Vader and seeing him MOC, Hasbro ensnared me.

Really hoping this becomes a standard and they do Greedo (repack), Walrusman, Snaggletooth, Death Star Droid, Power Droid and Boba Fett (repaint).

I found one lone beat up vader at Target today, and holy crap you guys are right, Im in love with this figure. Going to have to get an extra to keep carded because its just so incredibly awesome on that cardback!

My set of 5 of the first wave is in the way from bbts, and R5-D4 order is placed at gamestop. Its safe to say Im hooked lol

Im keeping a carded set, and will use a mix of figuarts, black series, and bandai kits to complete a loose lineup of the original 12. Its just too bad we'll have to wait a while for the next wave to complete the display.

Target wouldn't sell me the Vader even though they had him in the backroom. The employee said they cannot sell anything until they do their reset. I will try the other Target in town tomorrow.

Target wouldn't sell me the Vader even though they had him in the backroom. The employee said they cannot sell anything until they do their reset. I will try the other Target in town tomorrow.

Try someone in either the electronics department or something random like the shoes department. I was denied by a couple of people the first time as well.

Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Yeah, asking employees never ever seems to work for me either.. Im betting this set will be really easy to get soon enough though.

The set is well worth the $40 imo. The backdrop is reversible, which is a nice touch for those of us that will end up with more than one set

f84513ed7bf023ee74058b1fad4c38e4.jpg
c78b656b61eecf47a95041aaf2cb02c5.jpg
dc9a3ab27c39182b58ec0059af5a48f3.jpg

c9e2635d72f22491bad7106890619cc9.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I tried to find a teenage girl who looked both confused and bewildered to look for me. I can't believe she wouldn't given that she was so excited to look. Maybe find someone who looks like they hate their job next time.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

Thanks for the best buy tip! just found this guy there a few minutes ago:

bcf4aec0b0732854c86d08245c1a0dcb.jpg

Too bad they didn't make these carded figures in collector friendly packaging I know there was no such thing back then, but still

It's like you don't want to ruin the package by opening the figures :thud:

Screw that, if you want to open it it has to hurt, that's the beauty of it, what's the point of collector friendly card? :lol

There will be a boxed version of it later on anyway.

Yeah I tried to find a teenage girl who looked both confused and bewildered to look for me. I can't believe she wouldn't given that she was so excited to look. Maybe find someone who looks like they hate their job next time.

I remember I was looking for some Marvel Legends figures. The stock checker said they were in stock, yet when I asked a red shirt if they could get them from the back they told me they were all gone and that someone came yesterday and bought them all. So of course I asked why does the inventory checker say they have them in the back?

Back