Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even is a bigger 6" scale they STILL can't get Hamill's likeness right.

Really strange how the paint applications are so hit and miss. My Darth Maul that I bought on Amazon is immaculate. Seriously, some of the cleanest, most precise paint work I've ever seen.

Yes, these are ALL about paint apps. My Han is perfect, no googly eyes or anything. Its a shame, but find a good paint app on these sculpts and you should be good!

I'm shocked at how much I love these in-hand. Was hesitant at first from the pics and some reviews but these are a lot of fun.

:exactly: We can scrutinize these macro photos all day long, but once they're in hand, a lot of the flaws aren't noticeable. Once they're on the shelf behind glass, they're even LESS noticeable.

I haven't taken photos of my figures. Maybe with the macro setting, all the flaws would show? To the naked eye, they're great. That said, I have seen some horrid paint apps on Lukes, Leias, and Greedos. That one time I saw Han he looked solid. The few Mauls I saw were solid. And the only Sandtroopers I've seen varied and I think the weathering is subjective. I'm happy with mine enough not to feel the need to strip it down and reapply the paint apps like some have. I will admit those customs look great, but I am happy with the factory version I managed to find in the store.

Anyways, maybe my standards are lower than some? I would be happy to have that Luke as shown in the video. That photograph is the same sample, is it not? It's all about lighting, angles, and camera settings.

Last edited:
^ the whole reason why I dislike reviews with a massive spotlight. They're never gonne be in that lighting here., so it's useless for me to see how that looks.

Admit it. You watched it too hoping to see another glimpse of how Bespin Luke will turn out. I think he looks better than in the original photos and I think he will look even better in hand. We shall wait and see. It will be very disappointing if it's not because I think Bespin Luke is one of the most popular looks for the character. I'd rank it third behind X-Wing and Jedi personally.

I think Bespin Luke is one of the most popular looks for the character. I'd rank it third behind X-Wing and Jedi personally.

I'm just buying Jedi Luke, black robes, green saber, epic "no I will never give in to hate" mode.:lol Been through the "I want a massive collection" phase with ML's already and it didn't stick. Also don't have that much room for 'm. Bespin would've been my second choice though, but I prefer characters in either there first appearance or final prime.

No word on anything wave 4 I think...? Apart from that initial line up rumor. We still assume itll be Lando, jango, Ig-88 and one I forgot, what Mace or something?

That pic above of Bespin Luke looks great, but it's also heavily shadowed. :lol

The video? He looks like a forlorn puppy. I bet underneath those eyes, brows and crappy paint is a fantastic Luke sculpt. It's a real pity. I know Luke gets his *** handed to him in the fight at Cloud City, but why would you ruin a sculpt that has that potential with those paint masters?

it's heavily shadowed so i could try to make the fig look good. oversall it's not bad...just not great....

Finally, wave #2 seems to have hit my city. Saw Leia alone in one TRU store and Greedo/Han/Leia/Boba in another (TRU Express).

I ALMOST picked up Boba but I wasn't sure if his helmet had a good paint app. The white/silver smear seemed all over the place. I looked at some photos on the internet for comparaison and this one is quite close:

184rhI1.jpg

Though, the black area of his visor doesn't have any white/silver paint (good thing?). What do you guys think? Should I pick it up? Generally, I'm not too picky about paint apps but for this figure I may do an exception.

I'll pick it up on the 26th if he's still there (that day is our "Black Friday" over here). Besides, stores are closed on the 25th and it's a small TRU store so I reckon there's a good chance he'll still be there. *crosses fingers* :D

Back