Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greedo, Boba Fett, and Maul are all a bit too tall. Not as big of a deal breaker in my eyes than if Leia was as tall as everyone or R2 being the size he came out being. I might skip the TIE Pilot. But I might not. It's going to be hard to say no to some of these....

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

Jeremy Bullock is 6' tall and Ford is 6'1". So it looks accurate to me. Plus solo is crouching in that pic and Fett is almost upright so if anything Fett may be on the short side.

Jeremy Bullock is 6' tall and Ford is 6'1". So it looks accurate to me. Plus solo is crouching in that pic and Fett is almost upright so if anything Fett may be on the short side.

Ex-ACT-a-mundo.

Also, the gentleman with the original observation/question may have felt that Boba may have been on the shorter side in the films because he was constantly being shown standing next to the above average height of Prowse as Vader.

Yep, the scales may be being questioned left and right in this thread, but, as far as I can see, it's all pretty uncalled for.

I can only conclude people are not used to seeing Star Wars characters that are closer to a more ACCURATELY CORRECT scale context than they've ever seen before. What other explanation is there?

CHEWBACCA (ep4), TIE PILOT, C-3P0 (ep5), CLONE TROOPER (ep2), DARTH VADER (ep5), JEDI LUKE, JAWAS, SANDTROOPERS (Multiple Listings), JABBA THE HUTT, SPEEDER BIKE (Presumably w/Biker Scout as Hasbro reps have indicated).

Anybody notice with the list teemu found, that the Clone Trooper is the only prequel character. I think there's a lot of OT fans out there that are pretty pleased to see that ratio going on... I know that I am.

Also, for me personally, although I eagerly await Tarkin, OT Yoda, OT Emperor and OT Kenobi, well, aside from those four, after these proposed waves are released, they've hit a LOT of the major OT characters in one outfit or another, with the added nice surprise of having the loftier deluxe-sized Jabba included in that list.

Not... too... shabby.

Pretty cool, Leia looks awkward though, is it just the pose angle?

I was honestly pretty pleased with her, so it might just be the angle. The only problem I had with her was that her earrings will need just a touch of paint. Likeness looks very good.

Han's neck is a little long for my liking. Boba can't really be posed firing his rifle without the stock being bent. Greedo has a bit of paint loss around the neck that can only be seen in certain poses and his eyes are too egg shape for my tastes.... That's about knit picky as I can be on these. For 89 bucks shipped, which is right around what they would cost me at a local retailer after tax, they're really fun and really well done.

At a time when SS is only giving us 2 or 3 OT figures a year this has been a nice distraction.... though last year I said that with SW Lego, so I'd really just rather see a little more action on the 1/6th SW front. Tamashhi (SP) and Hot Toys have not helped either.

I try not to be a scale nazi, but I'm more bugged by R2 being too small than Leia. Everyone knows CF is short so it's no biggie there.

R2 on the other hand... I thought initially they cheated on the R2's scale so all of the Black Series boxes would be roughly the same size making it easier to fit into shipper boxes. Knowing there's a Jabba Black Series on the way means there will be an oversize box for that figure, shooting my earlier thinking out of the water.

looks like we might get two stormtroopers in the case of wave 3 (smart move Hasbro).Anakin is NOT in wave 3

based on someone who listed asst codes in order...the waves look like this

2014 (Wave 1)

Luke Bespin
Obi-wan Kenobi
Stormtrooper

2014 (Wave 2)

Anakin Skywalker
Chewbacca
Tie Pilot
Jawa's

2014 (Wave 3)

Luke Jedi
Darth Vader
C-3PO
SandTrooper (new pouldron?)

2014 (Wave 4)

Lando
Ig-88
Jango Fett
Clone Trooper

Yesterday, we showed you some new official images for Hasbro's third wave of 6" The Black Series figures which has been dubbed by Hasbro as the first wave of 2014. The images showed figures for Bespin Luke Skywalker (ESB), Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ep III), and a Stormtrooper (Ep IV).

Earlier in the month during the NYCC, Hasbro released an official image for another as-of-yet unannounced 6" figure in the form of Anakin Skywalker (Ep III). It was originally thought that Anakin would be the fourth figure released in wave 3 since there had only been three figures announced for that wave while the previous two waves had four figures in them. It turns out that is not the case. Hasbro has confirmed for us that Anakin will be released in a later wave and will not be included in wave 3.

Ex-ACT-a-mundo.

Also, the gentleman with the original observation/question may have felt that Boba may have been on the shorter side in the films because he was constantly being shown standing next to the above average height of Prowse as Vader.

Yep, the scales may be being questioned left and right in this thread, but, as far as I can see, it's all pretty uncalled for.

I can only conclude people are not used to seeing Star Wars characters that are closer to a more ACCURATELY CORRECT scale context than they've ever seen before. What other explanation is there?

Hey, I'm that gentleman :wave You're right he was always standing next to Vader...or maybe there's something wrong with my eyes...

Hey, I'm that gentleman :wave You're right he was always standing next to Vader...or maybe there's something wrong with my eyes...
Gotta love the Spaceballs pic reference :)

The Boba can be explained away in a simpler way with the Vader thing, surely, but overall, I think that the more accurate scales in the larger articulated action figures are seriously throwing many for a loop.

Even I was concerned a bit at first but after finding good web reference pics for scale comparison, it became clearer how close these really are.

Granted, they are not perfect... but if you were to compare their accuracy with the smaller figs that Hasbro has been putting out for years, I don't think there's any question that these larger figures give a notably "closer to actual scale" impression than what we're all used to from seeing scale attempts fall quite shorter for decades (if you go as far back as the original Kenner line).

all those waves look good to me - I am in for all but prequel

:exactly: I wish Hasbro would release the original trilogy first and then the prequels...for those who like them, instead of mixing the two trilogies. In fact, they should focus on each film first, A new hope, EPSB, ROTJ...in that order. :dunno The only prequel character I bought was Darth Maul, the figure looks awesome, but that's it.

Last edited:
[/B]

:exactly: I wish Hasbro would release the original trilogy first and then the prequels...for those who like them, instead of mixing the two trilogies. In fact, they should focus on each film first, A new hope, EPSB, ROTJ...in that order. :dunno The only prequel character I bought was Darth Maul, the figure looks awesome, but that's it.

I don't think there's any way Lucasfilm via Disney through Hasbro could rationalize it financially.... even IF prequel characters weren't selling near expectations, they'd be compelled to include them anyway.... gotta keep the brand's bigger income tentpoles alive, right?

Now, if Disney puts out 15 Star Wars films in the next 10 years, all that could change because the dynamics would now include so many other possibilities. If Disney does a well-enough job, the prequel trilogy may be buried away behind better money making Star Wars film characters/product.

But, make no mistake, as the years go, if you really are OT-centric (like I am) it's only gonna get worse... it ain't gonna get better... and you'll long for the days that 1/4th of any given Star Wars toy line was PT with the rest being OT.

[/B]

I don't mind them mixing it up - I did get a Maul and probably Jango and maybe a clone trooper, but that's it....ok, maybe Yoda and the Sidious.....dooku - ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question to those who ordered a case from BBTS of wave 2. How did the packaging look? I'm a MIMB collector. I've opened 3 cases of wave 1 and two were great but one was damaged.

Back