Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i received my wave 2 set from BBTS - wow, their shipping puts Amazon to serious shame. Smaller box shipped within a much larger one - that's the way to do it.

All look very good, imo. Leia's eyes look great in person and the Han forearm are very minimal on mine

Fett does impress

i received my wave 2 set from BBTS - wow, their shipping puts Amazon to serious shame. Smaller box shipped within a much larger one - that's the way to do it.

All look very good, imo. Leia's eyes look great in person and the Han forearm are very minimal on mine

Fett does impress

Everything he said. I can't see the difference in color without bright lights and careful scrutiny. Han is my favorite to play with from this whole batch. A great variety of accessories and just a cool character to imagine in all kinds of situations. And yes, Boba is amazing to look at. Not as fun to play with. His range of motion is limited due to his armor. I'm happy I didn't pay eBay prices for him! Leia's my least favorite mostly due to that dumb cloth skirt. I have her in one pose and I'm leaving her there in fear of her skirt disintegrating.

Ok, I've opened them all and some thoughts:

han - excellent overall. Face sculpt is a weak Ford, but the body work and accessories are fantastic. Honestly now that he's open the forearms match almost perfectly. Maybe it was a running correction? definitely different than the pics I saw

Greedo - love this figure - one weapon is the weak point of this set, but the figure itself if very nice and an excellent companion piece to Solo

Fett - awesome - his articulation and gauntlets do not allow for excellent range at all though.

Leia - this is the surprise figure for me. Excellent. Yes, the leg joints look a little unsightly and she is TINY but seems to be accurate to Fisher's height. Face turned out great imo. Love her accessories - is that the boussh weapon in there? Very nice.....weapons very solid and figure allows for decent poses

Solid wave 2 - bring on wave 3

$20 is a lot of money for these.

BB

In a world where crummy, redundant 3.75" figures cost $10 a piece and high end 1/6 figures have a starting price tag of $150 and can go up to $300, $20 is looking like a steal. These are some of the nicest action figures I have owned. What they may lack in 100% accurate sculpts and life-like paint apps, they more than make up for with articulation, accessories, and great details (everywhere but the human faces). As said above, they're still toys but they're designed with collectors in mind. I feel like a kid again with these.

These figures are incredibly hard to resist.
The sculpts on the creatures and masked characters all look top-notch. Even the human characters like Luke and Han look really good.
Each time I see X-Wing Luke, I come close, real close to buying.
I know I'll definitely buy Boba Fett, Bespin Luke, and a Stormtrooper once they are available in stores. Definitely buying Vader and the Emperor if the line continues on.

In a world where crummy, redundant 3.75" figures cost $10 a piece and high end 1/6 figures have a starting price tag of $150 and can go up to $300, $20 is looking like a steal. These are some of the nicest action figures I have owned. What they may lack in 100% accurate sculpts and life-like paint apps, they more than make up for with articulation, accessories, and great details (everywhere but the human faces). As said above, they're still toys but they're designed with collectors in mind. I feel like a kid again with these.

There is a world outside America..

I thought my last comment would've shocked at least one person here in the last three hours. :lol

I thought my last comment would've shocked at least one person here in the last three hours. :lol

My reply was in response to $20 being too much. Again, if yours cost that much more, wouldn't you agree than that $20 isn't such a horrible price? How much are the 3.75" figures? How much is a pack of gum? Is that a reflection of a different economy or is it just these figures that are so costly?

My reply was in response to $20 being too much. Again, if yours cost that much more, wouldn't you agree than that $20 isn't such a horrible price? How much are the 3.75" figures? How much is a pack of gum? Is that a reflection of a different economy or is it just these figures that are so costly?
Yeah, apologies if I sounded a little obnoxious there. :lol

Of course it's relative isn't it - as well as SW figures just being unnecessarily overpriced worldwide for multiple reasons, but I was surprised that $35 didn't seem to raise an eyebrow. Over here, the 4" figures vary in price between the major chain stores - anything between $15 & $20.

Nah, we know that it's terrible to live in australia. Everything cost so much more. Though, that's kinda by necessity. the added revenue is used to help pay for all the medical and funeral bills that get piled up by all the Drop Bear Victims.
Though, you live there, so you already know this.

Nah, we know that it's terrible to live in australia. Everything cost so much more. Though, that's kinda by necessity. the added revenue is used to help pay for all the medical and funeral bills that get piled up by all the Drop Bear Victims.
Though, you live there, so you already know this.

:lol :lol :lol

Yeah, I caught one once.

Now I can only type with one hand......

Yeah, well $10 for redundant 3.75" figures is too high also. Dropping $80.00 on a four-figure 6" wave is a lot of money. Glad I only liked two of the six films.

BB

completely agreed!!!!!

Back