Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems that Yodasnews.com has a new story on how crappy the R2-D2 is compared to the prototype. Looks like a completely different figure.

r2compareyodasnews.jpg

EDIT: It's not the same figure. Look at the feet!

Wait, WHAT???? Talk about bait and switch! That was the one figure I felt was a must buy, and new we get that hunk of junk?

Wait, WHAT???? Talk about bait and switch! That was the one figure I felt was a must buy, and new we get that hunk of junk?

She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid................oh wait......:gah:

That really looks like the 3 3/4 as mentioned. Pretty excited to see these figures in person.

I'm 100% its got to be an image mix up, the sculpt is completely different, 100% different - that would only cost them money to make it again (but worse!) It has to be the 3 and 3/4. Also think how easy those images would be to mix up to the uninitiated - they're both called black series :lol

It's the official Hasbro image. The details on the production figure are actually less accurate the the recent 3 3/4" Vintage Collection R2-D2 with the serving tray. :lol

They really dropped the ball on the little guy. Maybe so they can sell a better one later. :lol

What I actually don't like about the pilot Luke, is those early 'Marvel Legends' style hip & thigh swivel joints.

They've been using the nice ball hip joints for years now - why go back to those? :monkey4

Some ML figures still use those types of joints now as well.

Actually you're right, yeah - I think that new Wolverine Legends Sabretooth figure has those exact joints.

Regarding R2 - I reckon it's the exact same sculpt.

It's in a bad pose for starters, so all the detail is being shown at different angles. The paint is obviously bad, & so is the lighting.

They've done nothing to make it look appealing, but it's the same figure.. not the 4" one at all. :lol

Actually you're right, yeah - I think that new Wolverine Legends Sabretooth figure has those exact joints.

Regarding R2 - I reckon it's the exact same sculpt.

It's in a bad pose for starters, so all the detail is being shown at different angles. The paint is obviously bad, & so is the lighting.

They've done nothing to make it look appealing, but it's the same figure.. not the 4" one at all. :lol

I thought it was the same as well with bad paint apps and bad lighting, but now I'm leaning towards it being a different sculpt. Too many details are not as defined and the size/shape of some things are completely different. Hopefully this is a mix up. How can they go from near perfection on e prototype to such mediocrity on the production version? :dunno:slap:gah:

I thought it was the same as well with bad paint apps and bad lighting, but now I'm leaning towards it being a different sculpt. Too many details are not as defined and the size/shape of some things are completely different. Hopefully this is a mix up. How can they go from near perfection on e prototype to such mediocrity on the production version? :dunno:slap:gah:

It's a new sculpt. Look at the three ports on the bottom, on the prototype the details are deep, while on the final version the are shallow. On the head the second "eye" is much larger on the proto.

Very disappointing start.

Man, what a letdown. I just cancelled my R2. Now I'm debating cancelling my sandtrooper. It's gonna bug me if my specimen has a helmet that's dirtier than the rest of him.

If this is the quality they are aiming for, Hasbro aint gonna get a dime out of me.

Really tired of those jerkoffs, honestly

Yeah, I might bail on these. I haven't paid Hasbro money for anything since 2005/6. I almost got roped in for these. I will wait for the in hand products before I write them off completely. I was so looking forward to new toys though "for collectors." The 1/6 stuff from both companies is far too expensive for me so these seemed like a nice in between. I might as well dig out my old 3 3/4" collection :slap

This is starting to sound like a Hot Toys thread with all the negative comments from a picture of a product that hasn't even been released yet and we don't know for sure that this is or is not a picture of the 6" series figure.

I see some missing paint aps, and some different paint choices, not to mention the complete lack of panel lines as compared to the proto...
Seems pretty standard Hasbro, Don't know WHY anyone is suprised. This is about what I expected.

Back