Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just find it hard to believe that some of their more recent 3 3/4 figures are of better quality than the R2 in the new picture, which also leads me to believe it isn't an accurate representation of what we'll get.

Hasbro is currently in a "downswing" stage. the figures they made 1-2 years ago are VASTLY superior to teh toys they are putting out now.
Go look at the new wolverine movie toyline, for example.

I saw the MOS figures and they look like carp. I guess that's just the way it's going to keep costs relatively low. I have high hopes for these new 6" figures, but will have to see. I already have the 3 OT figures preordered; I just hope I'm not disappointed/blind-sided.

I saw the MOS figures and they look like carp.

images

Man, I may cancel my preorders and wait to see in the stores. That sculpt is very sofT! AND it looks like carp.
Will decide at SDCC once i see them, I guess.

I'd still be tempted by a regular clean stormtrooper from this line I reckon.

The production Sandtrooper looks good still. I'd imagine a standard stormie would look better because there are less paint apps to screw up. I'm going back and forth on these. I want them, but if the quality isn't better than the 3 3/4" line, what's the point? I have all of the figures from '95-'05. I can get those out and save space....

3A pitched a series of 6 inch star wars figures using their bootleg scaled down hot toys bodies, cloth costumes and armor, and etc.

Hasbro holds they keys to all things star wars and toys. and they said no to 3A getting a liscense to mass produce them.

3A's are overrated to me. The cloth goods looked bad on Boba Fett. Not sure the prices would be feasible either. I saw this as an alternative to the overly toy-like 3 3/4" figures I grew up collecting and the highly expensive, unaffordable 1/6 SSC and HT collections. Hoping for a new production R2 but it seems highly unlikely that it'll happen. The new Greedo looks AMAZING but I bet the production version will be plagued with issues like R2 and Maul have had so far.

Not everyone likes 3a flavour but they were undoubtedly awesome quality. Yep they'd be dearer but this is a king's sport :lol The boba did look stylised though (i wouldn't have minded :( )

3A's are overrated to me. The cloth goods looked bad on Boba Fett. Not sure the prices would be feasible either. I saw this as an alternative to the overly toy-like 3 3/4" figures I grew up collecting and the highly expensive, unaffordable 1/6 SSC and HT collections. Hoping for a new production R2 but it seems highly unlikely that it'll happen. The new Greedo looks AMAZING but I bet the production version will be plagued with issues like R2 and Maul have had so far.

We've seen pictures of Greedo already? Link or image please?

Not everyone likes 3a flavour but they were undoubtedly awesome quality. Yep they'd be dearer but this is a king's sport :lol The boba did look stylised though (i wouldn't have minded :( )

I think the stylized look is what would've made them unique. Instead we get the same old Hasbro style figures. :slap

Their Fett is okay, but it's the Stormtroopers I would have went crazy for!

Oh, man. Those look great! A pity.
I'm loving the Stormy.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Back