Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haslab Rancor at 13,500 backers unlocks some bones and a piece of cardboard.

FEP96wiXEAEH505
FEP96sYWQAI8sl6
FEP96twWUAcdu13

Brutal (but fair) :lol

This has gone up by 40 over the last 5 days (since Saturday), so an average of just 8 per day.

It's currently at 5132 . . . so that paint is going to have to be lifelike to give this the push it needs to reach the base target of 9000 :oops:

Only 18 (of the original 45) days left to go. So it needs an average of 215 per day to reach target. You guys are the experts - but I'm REALLY sceptical about it getting there.

Shame . . . I figured out that the Black Series AND NECA Predator figures are all 1:12 scale . . . I had some cool displays planned for this.

I'm pretty surprised it has gone this slowly but I still feel it will very likely hit 9k at least but the extra tiers are in serious trouble. Hasbro shot themselves in the foot big time with this project making multiple blunders. It also doesn't help that it's Black Series as opposed to Vintage Collection. TVC collectors are more rabid and loyal dating back to Kenner and tend to buy multiples.

This has gone up by 40 over the last 5 days (since Saturday), so an average of just 8 per day.

It's currently at 5132 . . . so that paint is going to have to be lifelike to give this the push it needs to reach the base target of 9000 :oops:

Only 18 (of the original 45) days left to go. So it needs an average of 215 per day to reach target. You guys are the experts - but I'm REALLY sceptical about it getting there.

Shame . . . I figured out that the Black Series AND NECA Predator figures are all 1:12 scale . . . I had some cool displays planned for this.

Every single Kickstarter, including most of the haslabs, has a huge push at the end as last minute buyers jump on.

If one or both of these last two tiers are oola or rancor keeper, expect a surge.

Once it backs, expect a surge

On the last day, expect a surge.

I don't know if it's going to hit all the tiers, but I expect it to fund.

last two reveals better be huge. If its a repaint Luke, this Haslab may be in trouble. I just don't see any excitement for this one. People talking about it, but more out of a sense of being a completist, rather than legit enthusiasm. Maybe its just me.

Color pics are up. I don't know why, but the feet really stand out as oversized and cartoonish now imo. I still want it and wouldn't mind the tier 3, Salacious Crumb unlock. I'm definitely not gonna hold my breath on that though. At this point I'll be happy if it gets funded.

Last edited:
This is funny as ****.. People are killing them in the comments. :slap

When the stream started it had 5,141 backers...

It is now down to 5,103.. :lol

They're moving backwards.

Last edited:
This is funny as ****.. People are killing them in the comments. :slap

When the stream started it had 5,141 backers...

It is now down to 5,116.. :lol

They're moving backwards.

earlier this week it was over 5150..
I'm amazed at how they have managed to do this....

well, people wanted an Oola and Malakili. So what do they do? Just add two more figures that were already available, Salacious Crumb and Jedi Luke...

I agree the unlock goals are lackluster at best. I would rather have this be $100 less with no add on bull ****. If it does hit tier one, I might just sell off the Gamorrean Guard to help justify the ridiculous price.

Is it me or is that paint job truly awful? The shade of brown they have chosen emphasises it's plastic figure instead of helping to create an illusion.

You folks talk about the numbers going down - does that mean you CAN cancel?

I'd previously ordered as a guest, so created an account and was able to cancel.

What a wasted opportunity.

Is it me or is that paint job truly awful? The shade of brown they have chosen emphasises it's plastic figure instead of helping to create an illusion.

I agree, the paint is very toy-like. I don't understand how Hasbro can knock it out of the park with the $150 VC Slave-1 and $120 BS Boba Fett helmet but come up so short with the high profile Rancor. The numbers are still going down. I think it was around 5133 earlier and it is now down to 5071.

The brown isn't too bad. I think it's because it shouldn't be shiny gloss paint. They should've made it a matt flat finish. Maybe a few gloss highlights. Make it look more like a higher end collectible than a shiny plastic toy.

And it's down to 5,062... At this rate it's gonna drop below 5k before ever going up. But I bet it still gets funded. Too many people are afraid of missing out today rather than standing their ground. The "Something Is Better Than Nothing" generation...

Last edited:
I’m hoping this funds. It’s a really great piece just the marketing is crap and has been for since SDCC 2019. Don’t think we get any tiers but hope at least the figure. Don’t think we’ll ever get any more Haslab BS after this so let’s just hope we get the figure.

Down to 5013 backers. I guess you have to ask yourself if you're willing to pay $350 for a 12th scale Rancor and leave it at that; IF the stretch goals are met it's nothing but gravy.

Yes I don’t think any of the tiers will be met, just want the figure b/c the goals are **** anyway.

I've been irrationally angry at these reveals all day. Just a slap in the face. We're asked to back this thing up to 19,000 to fund a new Luke so they can sell it at retail later on. Salacious Crumb? Who never interacted with the Rancor? I cancelled my order. They have no idea what stretch goals are. Well, they do know, they just don't care. They don't care to actually try to fund the things people want like Oola and the Rancor Keeper. Nope, they want to bundle a new Jedi Luke in this, not like everyone doesn't have 1-2 of them already at least.

7 more cancellations until it dips to under 5,000.

The brown isn't too bad. I think it's because it shouldn't be shiny gloss paint. They should've made it a matt flat finish. Maybe a few gloss highlights. Make it look more like a higher end collectible than a shiny plastic toy.

And it's down to 5,062... At this rate it's gonna drop below 5k before ever going up. But I bet it still gets funded. Too many people are afraid of missing out today rather than standing their ground. The "Something Is Better Than Nothing" generation...

Yeah - people are bailing . . . now down to 5010.

The comments for the YouTube video from this-morning are entertaining though :)

Last edited:
Back