Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chalk & cheese . . .

image.png

That Sideshow will make a much nicer display piece. I have the deluxe version and it's one of my favorite things in my collection.

Yeah - people are bailing . . . now down to 5010.

The comments for the YouTube video from this-morning are entertaining though :)

The figure on their table looks better than the one in the promotional shots. It's got some weathering and dark washes on the claws and horns while the promo version's are totally clean. Rest of the body looks pretty weak, though.

Sidenote: the "900 deco ops" thing seems pretty silly to brag about. How do they measure that? Every time the airbrush is triggered, that counts as one? Assuming there's any hand-painting at all and these aren't just printed decals.

Pack-ins are lame as well. This shouldn't have been more than $200, maybe $250 if Hasbro were feeling particularly zesty.

Last edited:
That Sideshow will make a much nicer display piece. I have the deluxe version and it's one of my favorite things in my collection.

Wow - nice! (* I'm currently turning several shades of green - and it's not anger or dodgy curry *)

Because of my disappointment over the Haslab piece, I've jumped on the waitlist for the DX. I HIGHLY doubt it will convert though given the time that has passed.

If I've heard nothing by the last week in December, I'll pre-order the smaller one (that I pictured) to use up my reward points before they expire.

The HasLab dropped another 30 overnight - now at 4884. It would be great if they acknowledged what they have (and have not) done and sorted this out. Even some communication to that effect with an explanation of what they WILL be doing would serve them well at this point.

The figure on their table looks better than the one in the promotional shots. It's got some weathering and dark washes on the claws and horns while the promo version's are totally clean. Rest of the body looks pretty weak, though.

Sidenote: the "900 deco ops" thing seems pretty silly to brag about. How do they measure that? Every time the airbrush is triggered, that counts as one? Assuming there's any hand-painting at all and these aren't just printed decals.

Pack-ins are lame as well. This shouldn't have been more than $200, maybe $250 if Hasbro were feeling particularly zesty.

I genuinely didn't know what "deco ops" meant - thanks for explaining :hi5:

I kinda get like, if you’re gonna keep boasting about the 900 deco ops, do the video in the paint room so we can see just how 900 decos are applied versus say a regular black series has…4🤷🏾‍♂️
It was really kinda cringy for them to keep pointing that out.
🤞🏾 Hoping for a rally!!!

Just call the Haslab Rancor dead already, lackluster tier unlocks and get with the "Trending Hot Items" Hasbro.

Rumblings from Yakface.

Screenshot 2021-11-21 113944.png

Pre-order date unknown for now for those impatient people that want everything right now and to be served on a Silver Platter with the works.

Last edited:
Well, the Rancor has officially dipped below 4800.
Does anyone think Hasbro is going own up to this and acknowledge the downward trend? Is there still time to salvage this? I think the only thing that could possibly put this project back into the right direction is to make the Rancor Keeper the first unlock and have the bones and cardboard background already included.
I can't see Hasbro just accepting failure on such a high profile project - especially with the new jolt of life that Star Wars is getting currently with Disney Plus.

Well, the Rancor has officially dipped below 4800.
Does anyone think Hasbro is going own up to this and acknowledge the downward trend? Is there still time to salvage this? I think the only thing that could possibly put this project back into the right direction is to make the Rancor Keeper the first unlock and have the bones and cardboard background already included.
I can't see Hasbro just accepting failure on such a high profile project - especially with the new jolt of life that Star Wars is getting currently with Disney Plus.

They could still salvage this, but given the way this campaign has been handled, I'm not sure they have the wherewithal to do so. I think it's probably a dead duck at this point . . . guess we'll see.

Also not sure about the Disney Plus "jolt of life"? I suppose it's better than nothing, but they have done so much damage to the franchise in various ways that I've lost interest now . . . at least to the point where I'm not going to give those disgusting people any money if I can help it.

They could still salvage this, but given the way this campaign has been handled, I'm not sure they have the wherewithal to do so. I think it's probably a dead duck at this point . . . guess we'll see.

Also not sure about the Disney Plus "jolt of life"? I suppose it's better than nothing, but they have done so much damage to the franchise in various ways that I've lost interest now . . . at least to the point where I'm not going to give those disgusting people any money if I can help it.

I could see Hasbro possibly extending the deadline (like they did with Unicron) while they rework the tiers or reevaluate the price. They really need to address the elephant in the room pretty quickly though.

As far as Disney Plus - I hold it in the same regard as most of Hollywood and the rest of the whole cancel culture in general, which is low (bottom of a dumpster low). But I realize that I won't be able to enjoy anything on TV or a Movie screen unless I can separate the BS agenda from the franchises that I like.

Last edited:
I could see Hasbro possibly extending the deadline (like they did with Unicron) while they rework the tiers or reevaluate the price. They really need to address the elephant in the room pretty quickly though.

As far as Disney Plus - I hold it in the same regard as Hollywood and the rest of the whole cancel culture in general, which is low (bottom of a dumpster low). But I realize that I won't be able to enjoy anything on TV or a Movie screen unless I can separate the BS agenda from the franchises that I enjoy.

Yeah - I agree with you.

Everyone will have a tipping point (for buying figures/statues AND entertainment stupidity), and it's not always a conscious decision - sometimes things just don't "feel right" so you go with your gut. We're all entitled to our opinion (well - sort of apparently :) ).

I think I'm probably out on the Rancor regardless of what they may attempt, I can't see any changes making me comfortable with this now. I just feel "iffy" about Haslab in the same way I feel I can't trust PRIME1.

Back