Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slow news day guys? :thwak

FDCoW3MXsAQYLyj.jpg

Shots of Fennic (two for now).

6TBS_fennec_isaac.jpg
6TBS_fennec_isaac3.jpg

https://news.toyark.com/2021/11/01/...in-4-princess-leia-full-reveal-po-live-449189

Just backed the Rancor. Due in large part to the Star Wars division's questionable marketing strategy this is still less than halfway to even the first goal of making it to production.

Meanwhile the Ghostbusters proton pack has almost already reached it's first production goal despite the Rancor having a several day head start. Well played Haslab Star Wars :slap

Just backed the Rancor. Due in large part to the Star Wars division's questionable marketing strategy this is still less than halfway to even the first goal of making it to production.

Meanwhile the Ghostbusters proton pack has almost already reached it's first production goal despite the Rancor having a several day head start. Well played Haslab Star Wars :slap

Yeah - I check in once a day to see how things are (not) progressing. Slower than a slug through treacle that's been frozen and then run-over.

I'm going to cancel the BBTS orders for the wee piggie-fellas as my POL will have to ship WELL before this may (not) make it's target.

Yeah - I check in once a day to see how things are (not) progressing. Slower than a slug through treacle that's been frozen and then run-over.

I'm going to cancel the BBTS orders for the wee piggie-fellas as my POL will have to ship WELL before this may (not) make it's target.

Trust me it will for sure hit the first production goal, 99.99%. There are a lot of collectors who wait until the last couple days and then order 5.

Trust me it will for sure hit the first production goal, 99.99%. There are a lot of collectors who wait until the last couple days and then order 5.

Well, you're obviously more knowledgeable about this stuff than I, so I'll trust to fate.

But if I end up with 2 piggies and no Rancor, I'll be sending me muvva round to speak harshly of your statistical estimation - fair warning! :panic::)

Well, you're obviously more knowledgeable about this stuff than I, so I'll trust to fate.

But if I end up with 2 piggies and no Rancor, I'll be sending me muvva round to speak harshly of your statistical estimation - fair warning! :panic::)

Lols fair enough. The only thing that could sink this is a horrible paint job. Once they show better pics, the unlocks, and the box things should start moving.

FYI, Haslab has just announced that the first unlock is a carded Gamorrean Guard figure. That ought to get things moving a bit. Doesn't necessarily mean you should cancel your Gamorrean orders though, it would be wise to keep that figure carded.

GG_square_1024x1024.jpg

haslab_rancor_cover_4.jpg

Last edited:
FYI, Haslab has just announced that the first unlock is a carded Gamorrean Guard figure. That ought to get things moving a bit.

But it hasn't.
At least not the numbers that this would need. I've seen the counter go up by a little bit, but at this rate the thing will be funded by christmas. And that's just the basics, not even the stretchgoals.

But it hasn't.
At least not the numbers that this would need. I've seen the counter go up by a little bit, but at this rate the thing will be funded by christmas. And that's just the basics, not even the stretchgoals.

No doubt it's going slower than I expected. Hasbro Star Wars is getting a bit of a reality check here after getting too pushy due to the success of their prior Haslab projects. Firstly, this is Black Series, not TVC so lots of 80s kids will pass. They priced this $50 too much imo and they set the goals about 2,000 too high in each category. And they show you a black and white picture and nothing else.

If the Hasbro Star Wars team wants to see how it's done they should walk down the hall and knock on the door of the Ghostbusters crew. The proton pack has already hit goal and is well on it's way to the first unlock.

If the Hasbro Star Wars team wants to see how it's done they should walk down the hall and knock on the door of the Ghostbusters crew. The proton pack has already hit goal and is well on it's way to the first unlock.
The fact that they have 3 kickstarters at the same time, which mostly target the same audience, is probably also hurting sales a lot. If you can choose between a miniature Rancor, or a fullsize protonpack, the latter is way more impressive (and only $50 more).

And like you said, they only showed some black and white renders doesn't help either.

The Hasbro Star Wars team just flat out sucks. Between not enough product being made to go around, making more than half the line exclusives of some sort and all the penny pinching that goes into deciding what characters will get made it's a miracle this Haslab has gotten enough backers that it has a chance of being made, but I doubt it'll reach enough backers to get the unlocks they're likely going to sell individually anyway. You just know those POTF 2 carded repacks are gonna be exclusives somewhere next year.

FYI, Haslab has just announced that the first unlock is a carded Gamorrean Guard figure. That ought to get things moving a bit. Doesn't necessarily mean you should cancel your Gamorrean orders though, it would be wise to keep that figure carded.

View attachment 544277

View attachment 544278

Yeah - that announcement didn't make much difference - I REALLY doubt it's going to make its target.

It went up 25 today, and at that rate it'll be at around 5.5k of the 9k needed when this expires.

Shame - I was quite looking forward to this - would have been a real "oddball" addition to my collection.

Still - things could change.

The rancor will fund but the tiers are in serious doubt. Having three simultaneous Haslabs ending just weeks before Christmas was just plain stupid. They should have stuck to just the Rancor and then done another after that finished up and the last one after that. Probably another one would follow that. Keeping us chain smoking Haslabs is a more successful models than 3 at once. People are certainly having to pick between them as most aren’t going to be able to drop a grand on preorders just before Christmas. It’s just not remotely realistic for most people’s budgets.

And the sorry for excuse for a reveal and ‘updates’ for the project is just embarrassing. The Joe and Ghostbusters teams brought their A games and stole all the thunder. Not even showing a completed figure after months of hype is just disappointing. It’s like the kid that had months to prepare for their school project and waited to the last minute the night before to even start. The first tier is just insulting as well. A Gamorean hand would have even been better than a repack.

Yeah - that announcement didn't make much difference - I REALLY doubt it's going to make its target.

It went up 25 today, and at that rate it'll be at around 5.5k of the 9k needed when this expires.

Shame - I was quite looking forward to this - would have been a real "oddball" addition to my collection.

Still - things could change.

There will be a push when they show it painted and another huge push at the end. I'm still very confident that it will hit 9,000. But as Buttmunch's excellent post above says the extra tiers are in jeopardy big time.

.... So did the wave with Tython Boba and Fennec go up and i missed it? every time i look i dont see these two up for order. I probably missed them, or theyre kriffing EXCLUSIVES.

.... So did the wave with Tython Boba and Fennec go up and i missed it? every time i look i dont see these two up for order. I probably missed them, or theyre kriffing EXCLUSIVES.

without any announcement they were already found in Asia, so some people already have them.

Back