Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really odd choice to helmet him in the packaging. I predict most will have some horrible paint transfer on that bald head as a result of that.

So 4 scheduled unlocks for the Rancor. One has to be Malakili. I imagine another is a diorama base of some sort. One is probably something really cheap to make like Luke's bone. Which begs the question, will there be another 6" figure unlock like Luke or a Gamorrean? I would love the falling gate but it would likely be too big and expensive for cheapo Hasbro.

Although $350 is pretty steep for this. Probably they have started cooking the "unlocks" into the price. I'll pick one up but I would have preferred a massive $800 TVC Sandcrawler set.

Everything included as an unlock for a Haslab has been an exclusive item. I doubt we see Luke or a Gamorean unless there is something unique about them this time. The bone, or Gamorean hand, sure though. Rancor Keeper is also a given.

Courtesy of my Son (who gave me the heads-up earlier today) - order placed.

That's the first Star-Wars figure I've EVER ordered - my Son has TONS of stuff, but I only own Millenium Falcon & X-Wing kits/collecitbles.

Question for you experts . . . do you think the Black Series Gamorean guard figure will be in scale with this? If so - I should probably order a couple of those - but then I also wonder if the "extras" might include those if we reach the targets to unlock them?

That's the first Star-Wars figure I've EVER ordered - my Son has TONS of stuff, but I only own Millenium Falcon & X-Wing kits/collecitbles.

Question for you experts . . . do you think the Black Series Gamorean guard figure will be in scale with this? If so - I should probably order a couple of those - but then I also wonder if the "extras" might include those if we reach the targets to unlock them?

The Black Series Gamorreans should be great for this. BBTS still has them too so now would be a good time to grab one or two before the price significantly rises. Buttmunch is probably correct that they aren't the type of figure they would give away as a throw in, unless it's just a piece of one he is eating. Might be too grisly for Hasbro nowadays.

Yes, they are in the same scale. Get them now while you can.

No, the exact same Gamorrean Guard figure is highly unlikely to be part of the Haslab project.

Possibly some sort of variant exclusive to it, but not the exact same as the standalone release.

The stretch goals are intended to generate excitement and capture people on the fence and serve as rewards for backers, so they wouldn't just throw in the same figure you can buy separately now.

Thanks so much guys - REALLY appreciate your expertise - that's what this forum is all about !

I've ordered 2 (from BBTS - who I love!) and will hide them away until the big beastie arrives in approx. 1 1/2 years time :)
Sounds like a plan. Big fan of BBTS as well. Congrats on backing the Rancor!

Maybe the Skiff Guard Lando and ROTJ Boba Fett as well? BBTS has the latter and a couple of sellers on Amazon have the former.

Space Fester
If you insist.

hasbro Fett new.jpg

I really want to see the paintjob on the Rancor. It's cool how much articulation it has but some of those joints are rather unsightly. To be honest I thought it would have more backers at this point.

I really want to see the paintjob on the Rancor. It's cool how much articulation it has but some of those joints are rather unsightly. To be honest I thought it would have more backers at this point.

Yeah - at this rate (now slowed to abut 100/day) it won't make the target in the timeframe alloted.

The "G.I. Joe Skystriker" started a day later and has overtaken it.

Hopefully it'll get bumped on a few sites so more folks can find out about it.

Back