Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely mismatcheddiculous lol

A quote from Hasbro Pulse

To fabricate Boba Fett’s cape with the same metallic look as the figure itself, engineers decided to use a Poly (Polyester) Satin material. “Since Poly Satin has a natural shine to one side of the material,” said Project Engineer Hannah Stamp, “we only needed to add an additional silkscreen print to give the cape a worn look.”

Looks like the first wave of the 40th Anniversary ESB wave has begun shipping, just got confirmation that my order has shipped from Dorkside toys.

very cool. thanks for the info

Fake carbonized lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not understand the popularity of these. They are lazy repaints.

I'm a one-and-done kinda collector. So buying the 6" Mandalorian in the metallic paint was fine since it was the first figure release that I didn't have a duplicate mold of already. And then buying the other metallic ones from Amazon and Gamestop (the sith sister and the red trooper) was all good since I didn't have them either. But rebuying older releases/characters that have no new accessories or changes to them is a big no-no to me. It's why I won't buy new Vader figs, new Han figs, the various Storm Trooper figs, and especially this new metallic Boba fig. I have the first release of them already. And unless those first ones were glaringly bad, little updates to articulation or paint (or a new helmet) don't mean much to me. At most I'll buy a new force ghost fig since it's new materials and paint, but that's as far as I'll go.

$0.02

I only own 2 BS figures but have owned about 35 throughout time.
Thats said, I love to visit this thread form time to time to see new characters being made.

also, I have no idea what carbonized Fett is and how it relates to SW.

I thought Fett put people in carbonite not rolled around in it??

Let me try and explain it to you:
If you have any of the 40th ESB on order, and own these figures in a previously released black series packaging for example....
...Yeah.....

Cool shiny chase variants are what makes funko pops tick. This is tapping into that same idea. I have little interest in them because I don't have room to display them. But if I did I'd buy the ones I thought looked cool.

It's just something fun and different that can make Hasbro a few extra bucks to put towards main releases. Thats a win win

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

The red Sith Trooper was ****ing dope and way better than the standard release. None of the others do it for me but that one just killed it.

So not Black Series 6", but still Black Series. I ordered the Boba Fett helmet last night. I was super lucky that my usual e-retailer in Canada who was sold out, had someone cancel so I was able to snatch it up. I have all of the Black Series helmets (except Vader and Incinerator Trooper) and I heard the Fett helmet is one of the best, so I'm eagerly anticipating its release.

I also ordered the ESB 40th figs I wanted, including a few extra Hoth Troopers and an extra pilot Luke for the Snowspeeder.

Yeah I just watched a video review of it. The deco on that helmet is amazing. Pretty impressive for a mass produced piece, gotta say.

They should take the scans of the Black Series Stormtrooper and Boba Fett 1:1 helmets and shrink them down for the 6" figures. The original BS 6" Stormtrooper and Fett (that they're using for those crappy carbonized figures) are horribly outdated compared to what they can do now. Surprised they haven't done a ROTJ Fett yet.

Quick Question: Anyone know if the Walmart Exclusive Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight is going to be sold anywhere else for retail price online in the future? Did i miss my opportunity?

I can't believe they aren't using the same finish as the carbonized Stormtrooper for the Beskar Mandalorian. He looks so bland, the extra shine would've been awesome.

They're probably waiting to drop a fully carbonized Beskar Mando at a later date though, complete with a metallic flight suit. :lol

Target exclusive like the first one, calling it now.

Is the new Beskar Mando up for PO yet? I cant find him anywhere.... but then, part of me wants to wait for the inevitable Carbonized Beskar Mando.

I just took delivery on the regular Black Series Mando yesterday, and have to admit.... he's pretty darn cool. I love the packaging for this series.

Wait... what if we got Carbonized versions of ALL the Bounty Hunters... :p

FYI, Target has a toy sale going right now $25 off $100 or more that can be applied to preorder the carded ESB 40th figures. I ordered both waves separately so $50 off.

Is the new Beskar Mando up for PO yet? I cant find him anywhere.... but then, part of me wants to wait for the inevitable Carbonized Beskar Mando.

I don't believe so. It's slated for a fall 2020 release so I'd expect it to go up for PO, along with the others in the wave, probably by late spring/early summer.

I expect there will be an exclusive that includes Baby Yoda and the pram. Perhaps for SDCC?

Target exclusive like the first one, calling it now.

Yeah, and I'll be supporting the "small 'bay business economy" again - doin' my part:cool: - paying marked-up prices 'coz don't have the time to chase all over town and battle with other collectors. Our Target never stocks much. :pfft:

But, at least my carbonized Mando $$$ is something to play with re the loooooonnnnng HT wait:lsvader. Hasbro was looking at other countries besides China for production, too.

Yeah, and I'll be supporting the "small 'bay business economy" again - doin' my part:cool: - paying marked-up prices 'coz don't have the time to chase all over town and battle with other collectors. Our Target never stocks much. :pfft:

But, at least my carbonized Mando $$$ is something to play with re the loooooonnnnng HT wait:lsvader. Hasbro was looking at other countries besides China for production, too.

I?d love for hasbro to team up with NECA. I?d love to see them tackle the license

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back