Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D35C7887-4FBA-47C2-9F0D-F8AD43B6E18C.jpg
668BB90F-F769-4E89-ACDE-1F43772CA4F9.jpg
9A8C567E-443C-4AD0-BA3E-9D4F9A87412F.jpg
87863792-0F1A-4A1D-AE03-D84E749A87DA.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

Finally got the Snowspeeder in. I don't have the Sail Barge, but this is the best Hasbro product I remember seeing in person. There are a couple things which could have been done slightly better, my biggest complaint is the visible pegs under the front blaster barrels when viewed directly from the side but overall it's awesome!

I don't feel a complete repaint is necessary. The detail on it is decent but I think it can be massively improved so will add alot of detail myself. I'm going to fill in the screws on the bottom and probably try to design a snow base with a stand that can hopefully bank the speeder to a side angle. Also plan to get another to do in orange deco to be piloted by Wedge.

First simple mod...carved out a necessary gap in the plastic of the rear blaster cannon.
0028eae6bdec25248ad4f5f074905630.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

For the cost no denying that Hasbro gave us a great base platform to mod from.

There is an auto body shop near me that is partly owned by a fellow collector enthusiast who takes in collectibles for custom painting in their professional spray booth after hours I might have to pay him a visit for a professional grade base application with some quick stencil work.

I know he asks to just tip the worker he keeps on there with him as he goes back and forth from his office to the booth while doing the work but I have to see if he also charges a fee for the materials i?m sure there are some fees involved.

Some businesses are just getting creative dealing with the shut downs.

They don?t separate the parts though that is on the customer to do.

I might even take my $20 baby yoda there lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I won?t know if I am until I get the price lol

Hopefully he knows we are talking Hasbro not HT here which from what I have been told he absolutely does.

I know he did a bang up job (pun intended) on my brothers 91 NSX after I scratched it though lol.

Last edited:
Found Dagobah Luke and Yoda set at Target. It looks really good. a little pricey but it seems like everything related to Star wars is getting that way these days. Good thing I'm not a completist with Hasbro anymore. Got the black series baby Yoda too.... Tiny little thing!

IMG_20200802_111934.jpg

Last edited:

What an absolutely horrible value that BS BY is lol

The Hasbro $20 BY is amazing looking for the price and it is huge compared to the BS.

Definitely seek out that $20 version it is super adorable lol

That baby yoda is $20? If so: HELL NO!

The Luke/Yoda set looks amazing; order placed via Dorkside. Closest Target is 50 miles out - so thats a no/go.

Wait wut...

BS 10
The bigger one is 20

Much better value, no

5ed0b92d13168116e56d26743f8dabcc.jpg

d4f0dd3eaa0b9d573fb3e93723fd4394.jpg

Last edited:

What are the chances Hasbro releases a properly scaled R2D2 for ROTJ 40th.

You know like the SHFA version.

Not talking quality here just size.

Last edited:
Found Dagobah Luke and Yoda set at Target. It looks really good. a little pricey but it seems like everything related to Star wars is getting that way these days. Good thing I'm not a completist with Hasbro anymore. Got the black series baby Yoda too.... Tiny little thing!

View attachment 492084

Yoda's head looks a little too large and I still don't love those BS bikini-crotch hip joints but that set looks awesome. Really need to track that one down.

The vintage logo really elevates what is often a kind of meh BS package.

That baby yoda is $20? If so: HELL NO!

The Luke/Yoda set looks amazing; order placed via Dorkside. Closest Target is 50 miles out - so thats a no/go.

Thanks for the heads-up on Dorkside.:hi5:

Do any decent pics exist of Luke's gray Snowspeeder? I have been going frame by frame to help with spiffing up the Hasbro. There are a few details I was able to pick up but nothing too great nor very distinguishing. I didn't realize how obviously different the crashed one is from the version(or versions?) seen flying across Hoth.

Do any decent pics exist of Luke's gray Snowspeeder? I have been going frame by frame to help with spiffing up the Hasbro. There are a few details I was able to pick up but nothing too great nor very distinguishing. I didn't realize how obviously different the crashed one is from the version(or versions?) seen flying across Hoth.

Yeah, the snowspeeders vary quite a bit. Even the canopy window proportions vary from full size to largest model to smaller models. And stuff like the fuselage "foot holes" and the little "ZZ" painted markings next to Dak's window are all over the place.

The BS6 speeder has some scaling errors but it's a pretty good blending of the various looks.

Yeah, the snowspeeders vary quite a bit. Even the canopy window proportions vary from full size to largest model to smaller models. And stuff like the fuselage "foot holes" and the little "ZZ" painted markings next to Dak's window are all over the place.

The BS6 speeder has some scaling errors but it's a pretty good blending of the various looks.

I was thinking of going bananas and getting the 1/6 Snowspeeder that is being offered but this Black Series version has at least temporarily restored my sanity. As you say it's perhaps a hybrid but I'm not terribly confident in screen accuracy of any snowspeeders after doing a bit of research. I'm also not terribly keen on buying two HT Snowspeeder Lukes(one cannibalized for a Dak custom)just to put inside the 1/6 cockpit. All up it would probably cost somewhere between $2200 and $2500 sight yet unseen. The Black Series pilots look terrific inside the cockpit too and comparatively you can get two fully loaded Snowspeeders for under $300. After I finish the gray Snowspeeder I plan to do an orange one with Wedge.

Hell I think even Joe Johnson and Steve Gawley would want that 1/6 snowspeeder lol

Well said!

Why does Luke get a sculpted shirt while Yoda gets shafted with a potato sack.

Back