Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That training set is a pretty nice complement to Snowspeeder Luke. Black Series X-wing anybody? After getting the Snowspeeder I'm so down for a $200ish Red Five please!!!

That training set is a pretty nice complement to Snowspeeder Luke. Black Series X-wing anybody? After getting the Snowspeeder I'm so down for a $200ish Red Five please!!!

They are going to probably avoid that pricepoint, given how the First Order Tie did. At least, for now. That said, I would be absolutely down for one myself....but my lord, you know how big it would be?

So tempted on the Snowspeeder, given how great Luke is - and would dig a Dak.

Is the Snowspeeder made of a decent plastic? Or is it flismy and cheap?

Ok, unrelated, but I picked up some of the FS plastic containers for the 40 Anniversay ESB carded figures. Their site said 'specifically' designed for said cards. Now, when I hear this, I expect a snug fit. As you can see, its the one-size-fits-all type fit. And if anything the corners can actually be damaged by these. Why do people like them so much? they don't fit well at all?

View attachment 492349

Last edited:
They are going to probably avoid that pricepoint, given how the First Order Tie did. At least, for now. That said, I would be absolutely down for one myself....but my lord, you know how big it would be?

Ok, unrelated, but I picked up some of the FS plastic containers for the 40 Anniversay ESB carded figures. Their site said 'specifically' designed for said cards. Now, when I hear this, I expect a snug fit. As you can see, its the one-size-fits-all type fit. And if anything the corners can actually be damaged by these. Why do people like them so much? they don't fit well at all?

View attachment 492349

The Snowspeeder plastic seems good to me. It's sturdy yet not super heavy. I stand by my earlier assessment that it's the nicest Hasbro product I have ever seen in person.

Pretty big difference between an expensive ST Tie Fighter and a Red Five X-wing as far as consumer demand.

Just got an email from Hasbro Pulse that my Carbonized Vader shipped via FedEx. Should have time tomorrow according to the estimated delivery date.

OMG - how big would a true 6" scale x-wing actually be?:horror

Pretty damn big. I was looking at my new vintage collection X-Wing and it was closer to 1/25 scale than proper 1/18 scale. I was also thinking about 3D printing a 1/18 scale Y-Wing until I did the math...I think it was around 4 feet or so?

Pretty damn big. I was looking at my new vintage collection X-Wing and it was closer to 1/25 scale than proper 1/18 scale. I was also thinking about 3D printing a 1/18 scale Y-Wing until I did the math...I think it was around 4 feet or so?

Yeah I figured out that the "big" 3 3/4" scale X-wing was actually in scale with the 2 1/2" tall Unleashed sets of figs that Hasbro did maybe 12 years ago (which I still love.)

Maybe they can fudge a bit the way they did the newest 3 3/4" skiff - which is noticeably bigger than the older versions, but still isn't quite correctly scaled for a 4" figure, even though it feels like it is.

I'm nearly finished weathering it up, I'll post some crappy phone pics soon.

Look forward to the pics!

Got the Hoth Rebel Trooper and Lando repaint from Amazon. Every vintage carded figure ordered from them comes damage, but I know this, so order only openers. LOL

On the Rebel Hoth Trooper: aside from the super pink face, got to give it to Hasbro. One of the greatest army builders of all time. Just amazing. I wish every figure came with this many accesories every time. AWESOME. Just AWESOME. Did pick up the Luke/Yoda set from Walmart. Noticed some Yodas tend to have a heavy wash all over the face. One i picked up had min wash. For $40, amazing figures. new Yoda scale is perfect. And lastly, the repaint Lando is nice. Going to add a wash to inside of his plastic cape to bring out some of the detail on the inner part. Repaint face is very nice. Love the figure now.

Not happy that the upcoming Stormie has a removable helmet/head for one simple reason: Hasbro tends to make them look a tad overly large to accomodate. We shall see given proto seems ok w scale.

I was able to get a Han Solo in Carbonite (september will arrive). It will look so cool with my Mafex Boba Fett (far superior to Hasbros in price and quality). The other one is from Bandai. Only thing about Mafex, would love a custom cape in fabric. Are there any customs?

Also recently bought the 1/1 Fett helmet

Screenshot_2020-08-06-11-09-03-228_com.instagram.android.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCoqcTrAe7-/?igshid=1kfbtivzrumrr

Head looks a little small. And a little wonky with the top not being symmetrical. And the paint apps on the mouth are pretty bad.

Screenshot (42).jpg

Screenshot (38).jpg

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

The head definitely looks under sized and his looks like it got squished in the new packaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTF happened to the helmet? The TVC is better. Same with the Mando.

stcompedj.jpg

They crammed in a clone head that was too large for the helmet. :slap

Who asked for this ****?

bssthead.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 492349

Not sure what's happening in that pic, but I have the FS cases for these, and they work fine. Looks like you're trying to force the card down inside the front part of the container?? There is a recessed area on the back piece of the container. You lay your figure into that, and it should line up perfectly. Then pop the front piece on, and you're done.

WTF happened to the helmet? The TVC is better. Same with the Mando.

View attachment 492567

Yeah, after seeing a review on YouTube, its seems the helmet is sculpted too small overall. Shame, cuz the 'face' looks more accurate than the old version. Oh well. My SHF ANH Stormies will be the 'hero' versions in my display. Will just get a couple of these new ones to have laying dead at the feet of Teebo.:lol

Not sure what's happening in that pic, but I have the FS cases for these, and they work fine. Looks like you're trying to force the card down inside the front part of the container?? There is a recessed area on the back piece of the container. You lay your figure into that, and it should line up perfectly. Then pop the front piece on, and you're done.

Ok, thanks.

And the stormtrooper is another Hasbro FAIL. That helmet is awful.

Back