Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408579763.350661.jpg

Picked this up today from my local TRU

I just popped over to Hasbro and they had him in stock, was only able to get one and use a 10% promo code so I got $2.00 off, paid 17.99 for him. I went back to make another order but they were sold out!

Last edited:

Looks like either amazon got a ton of Fett. Or no one is interested now because they already have him.

Tap'd from my LG G2

Saw Fett on the pegs for the first time. I gave in and got it, pretty nice figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered two Stormtroopers on Amazon. That will make three. The fact that I'm extremely selective with this line makes army building at this price point much easier.

My two Stormies from amazon.com arrived today. Finally off the list.

Tap'd from my LG G2

@Cell I don't remember you from the DBZ FiguArts thread but you seem a DBZ fan. Not into those...?

I am, I have Trunks, SS Vegeta(got him for $40 in June 2012 before the madness) SS 1/2 Gohan and of course Perfect Cell. I stopped after Cell. I was going to get SS Goku when he was re-released in March '13 I think it was but I went off on a Star Wars shopping spree that spring. Got a bunch of Clone Wars figures I was missing and some awesome OT stuff. Broly looks great might have to get him too.

Great review of Chewy - bit of a hit/miss figure, and the likeness is not quite as good as the 3 3/4" version of Chewy.

Given the pricepoint, packaging and intended target buyer (collectors, not kids) I thought these would be almost shrunken down Hot Toys figures. The 3 3/4" line has improved so far in the last ten years - like to the point where some of those could never be improved.

So I thought these 6" would just be out-of-the-park with every figure. Yet... some of these aren't really better than 3 3/4" releases from several years ago. The headsculpts are decent, some really good, but not the big jump I was expecting. And it's odd that articulation seems to be better hidden on the smaller figures than the larger ones - you'd think it would be the reverse. And the paint apps more inconsistent - sometimes the 6" line requires more hunting for good apps than 3 3/4".

There's still some greatness though - Wampa/Luke, Taun/Han, sandie, speederbike/Scout (maybe Jabba) are all on my list.

Back