Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

oh-for-****s-sake-gif-1.gif

Why the **** doesn't my gif work?

Honestly, I can see it acceptable with a good amount of fiddling, tinkering and lighting. I mean... Not buying Vader feels ridiculous to me. I might as well stop collecting the entire line.

****in hell how can they nail the sandtrooper this good and screw up vader's helmet this badly?

I did not know darth vader was a Rodian LOL

I got mine off Ebay. Not too bad a deal but $25 more than HasbroToyShop. Thankfully the seller packaged it really well and he has good photos in his auction so I could see the paint apps before buying it. Probably not worth $25 more but definitely a very nice piece.

Got one! Ha!!
Im glad I don't try to get these at ComicCon... I hate how Hasbro handles their exclusives...

I'm so glad i didn't jump in the 6" line train. I remember how painful it was to get ahold of the last couple SDCC exclusives in the 4" line (Death Star and TVC Jar-Jar). Not the main reason i skipped the new scale but it did have an impact on my decision.

This may be old new, but it was new to me; I saw SW TBS 6" figures at Walmart this morning. I guess they FINALLY decided to carry them.

This may be old new, but it was new to me; I saw SW TBS 6" figures at Walmart this morning. I guess they FINALLY decided to carry them.

Actually another forum member from Texas reported seeing them at his local Walmart, but it's always nice to get more reported sightings. :hi5: Just hope we get some more reports from other locations.

So the Throne in the SDCC Jabba and Throne room set, is just the back railing thing only? Are they also calling their packaging an accessory now like HT's Hall of Armor things.

The exclusive items are the back railing, hooka pipe and bowl, Salacious Crumb, and the packaging itself. There is no actual throne unfortunately. The packaging is neat but would have much preferred an actual throne/dais even if they had to increase the price to cover the additional plastic/molding costs.

Since Han and Greedo got a box set release together .... Anyone taking bets that Jabba will be released again with Slave Leia and possibly the SDCC accessories and a real base down the road?

You found these at walmart? I haven't seen any 6" figures at the mart. I usually hit up my local Target.

Yeah man I had stopped bothering with the toy aisle all together and my son said he saw them. Naturally I said, "You're high, Walmart doesn't carry good action figures any more".

Checked for myself the next time I was in there and they had strangely almost hidden about 5 of them to the side next to that ridiculous giant Vader that's been rotting away there since the modern era. Maybe this hobby still has a pulse in retail....

I'm sorry but Vader looks horrible, he has no neck and is chunky looking.

I picked up Jabba with dias at scalper prices from bbts for $119. I think the only ones I still want are Chewie, stormtrooper, and biker scout.

Also compared to the amazing detail Neca gives to their characters, this line has nothing to offer. Black Seies seem too much like their 3 3/4 inch counterparts, which is a huge disappointment. Hasbro should also work on their articulation. Losing interest in this line is getting easier and easier.

I don't see the "chunky" aspect of Vader, but he definitely could have used more neck. It looks like his helmet flares sit on his shoulders.

Also compared to the amazing detail Neca gives to their characters, this line has nothing to offer. Black Seies seem too much like their 3 3/4 inch counterparts, which is a huge disappointment. Hasbro should also work on their articulation. Losing interest in this line is getting easier and easier.

You're right. Compared to NECA's 6 inch figures, Hasbro falls flat. It's similiar to NECA and their 1/4 scale offerings. Compared to their 6 inch figures, NECA's 1/4 offer nothing new like improved paint applications.

The Luke lineup really shows how fast the quality has went down with each release. That Vader is awful!

This is definitely more to scale for 6 inch figures than to 3 3/4 inch figures. I will be using it though for my 1/6 Dagobah diorama. May be small, but this will fit on the board and will be the closest thing to 1/6 we will ever see.

it really isn't. saw them in the store over the weekend. it even has a spot for a 3 3/4 R2D2 in it. this is more or less to scale with the smaller figures.

Hey all, here's the latest review up on the Kool Kollectibles youtube channel - the new 6" Black Series Anakin Skywalker! Hope you can check it out, subscribe, like, and give me your thoughts on the figure too! :)

Back