Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with kids, they learn what you show them.

Fun fact. Disny has very little direct involvement with marvel. they essentialy provide a budget and assignments. And Marvel delivers. Disney does marketing for it, and collects a paycheck. There is NO reason to think they will be doing ANYTHING different with Lucasfilm than with disney, especialy as they ( lucasfilm) have already made public the assignments that Disney gave them.

The bigger question is, Will the new universe and stories/films/othermedia be any good?

Ah the golden rule of parenting so few parents seem to understand let alone apply. Kudos man, wish you and your kid well.

As for Disney, it's already confirmed now that they ARE meddling. And they would've done so with marvel studios, but the thnbg is, they bought Marvel AFTER its studio had completely solidified its vision and plan, was executing it, and was looking at succes.

With stars wars it's the opposite. Star Wars is being reinitiated within the confines of Disney, without a proven vision yet. You bet your ass that mouse's fingers are getting deep n dirty up in lucasfilm's asse. If marvel studios would start failing, they'd do so with them too. But MS was already, is already, quite disney-esque in thier formula. Buying them was a no brainer for Disney. Nothing to improve upon.

From Disney's pov with star wars? Very different situation.

got my boba fett today, looks great displayed with my monsterarts wolf predator, they scale almost perfect together as 2 bad a$$ hunters of the universe.

Right, becuase the director couldn't possibly have decided he wanted to cast Efron on his own, or Efron couldn't possibly be telling a fib to ride the popularity train.

YES, disney closed Lucasarts, a failing, dying part of the empire. They ALSO already own Disney interactive. it was sad, but it does make for a sound buisness decision.
YES, Disney pulled the liscense from Dark horse comics. They DO own marvel, and it would make them MORE money to publish in-house. this is simply a good buisness decision.
YES, Disney canceled the clone wars TV series. a show that was being developed in part by their competition, and thus they had to share revenue streams with. lucasfilm is now developing a NEW show instead.

I don't see any of that suggesting meddling with the development of the films, yet.

Time will tell what's going on, and how much, eventually

Last edited:
If Efron hasn't worked with Abrams before (has he? I don't even know) then chances are you won't see him. Abrams is one of those directors. I think the most solid rumor is Cumberbatch. I'm also willing to bet Simon Pegg will have a small role as some sort of officer.

The cast of Star Wars has been announced:
Star-Wars-Episode-7-Cast.jpg

@Lerath666 I meant that the news that Disney wants to take Boba in a different direction and is battling with LucasArts about it is a factual sign they're meddling. And proof that LucasArts does not equate with Marvel Studios.

No Billy Dee Williams?????? I wonder if he'll be saved for future episodes. Also, I only recognize two of those actors' names. I'm only familiar with one of those actors' work. Andy Serkis as a mocapped alien creature? If anyone can pull it off, it's him. His work as Gollum, Kong, and Caesar has all been top notch. But I also enjoyed his role in The Prestige so either way I'm happy to see him onboard!

The cast of Star Wars has been announced:
Star-Wars-Episode-7-Cast.jpg

@Lerath666 I meant that the news that Disney wants to take Boba in a different direction and is battling with LucasArts about it is a factual sign they're meddling. And proof that LucasArts does not equate with Marvel Studios.

1) Source on the Lucasarts thing? Considering Lucasarts no longer exists as a game company, but instead a digital media liscensor, kinda makes me wonder if that's not just scuttlebutt.

2) "Different direction with fett"? what, were they planning to make him something other than a bounty hunter/ merc/ gun for hire who works for the highest bidder?

EU, fett went some weird directions too. But considering how much mystery he's got wrapped around himself, other than " He's a clone of jango" and " He's a Merc/bounty hunter" we don't know alot about him. kinda hard to take him n a different direction, when there is little to nothing there already. unless, you know, they mean to do like the EU, and make him escape the Sarlacc in the new universe as well.

And they should, Fett is STUPIDLY popular.

Yeah, it's scuttlebutt. did some reading, and some digging into the boba fett thing.

https://www.geekosystem.com/boba-fett-movie/
https://io9.com/is-disney-struggling-with-the-boba-fett-spin-off-movie-1567565055

it's not that they don't WANT to change him, it's that LUCASFILM is having trouble Coming up with a way to complete the assignment handed to them by Disney of making a stand alone boba film with him as the protagonist ( meaning he still needs to be a sympathetic character to the auidence), but still maintaining his "Scarey badguy status" in the OT.

Simple solution to that really, just cut the answer RIGHT OUT OF THE OLD EU.

Fett is a merc, who as a SIMPLE code of honor.
A Contract is a contract. he will follow the contract so long as he is under it. Vader hired him in ESB, he did as he was paid to do. In ROTJ, Jabba had hired him to serve as a temp Bodygaurd for a little while.

So yeah, Looks like disney is doing the same thing with Lucasfilm ( not Arts, they don't exist any more) that they are doing with Marvel. Here is a budget, and an assignment. go make it happen.

1) Source on the Lucasarts thing? Considering Lucasarts no longer exists as a game company, but instead a digital media liscensor, kinda makes me wonder if that's not just scuttlebutt.

2) "Different direction with fett"? what, were they planning to make him something other than a bounty hunter/ merc/ gun for hire who works for the highest bidder?

EU, fett went some weird directions too. But considering how much mystery he's got wrapped around himself, other than " He's a clone of jango" and " He's a Merc/bounty hunter" we don't know alot about him. kinda hard to take him n a different direction, when there is little to nothing there already. unless, you know, they mean to do like the EU, and make him escape the Sarlacc in the new universe as well.

And they should, Fett is STUPIDLY popular.

Different website, but the story is the same, I can't find my original source anymore, I forgot which one of those popular film news sites it was and the one time I don't post a link. https://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/0...hero-1384322?lt_source=external,manual#!Gs8do

I constantly kept reffering to LucasArts, but I always meant Lucasfilm, not realising they're not the same thing, sorry about that mixup. I'm used to being more on the side of star wars gaming (lucasarts) than the films themselves, so hence.

I've been mulling over that all weekend. And I've noticed something. They point out that while the events never happened, the new stories ( and yes, that includes comics, books and games, all of which going forward will now be JUST AS OFFICAL as the films,) are free to use anything from the old
Old EU in the new stories. So while NONE of the events have occured in the " new film " universe, any and all of the characters can and untill they say otherwise, DO exist.
Or don't yet, but still can?
It's a little confusing, but still very exciting.

He's basicly just a consultant, and they don't have to listen to him.

So far, my 1 and a half year old has Han, Leia, Greedo, and A Sand trooper, and loves them to death. He's also got most of my old transformers. as for blowing them up, I never did that, and I'm raising him to respect his belongings. with kids, they learn what you show them. And being so small, the larger figures are better for him. Alot of fun to watch him play with "Cap Soo" and " Sketor" as he calls them.

Fun fact. Disny has very little direct involvement with marvel. they essentialy provide a budget and assignments. And Marvel delivers. Disney does marketing for it, and collects a paycheck. There is NO reason to think they will be doing ANYTHING different with Lucasfilm than with disney, especialy as they ( lucasfilm) have already made public the assignments that Disney gave them.

The bigger question is, Will the new universe and stories/films/othermedia be any good?

$80 on figures for a 1 1/2 year old... Someone spoils their kid :) You do know they put the Age 3+ on the boxes for a reason, it's called a choking hazard.... just saying...

Different website, but the story is the same, I can't find my original source anymore, I forgot which one of those popular film news sites it was and the one time I don't post a link. https://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/0...hero-1384322?lt_source=external,manual#!Gs8do

yup same story I posted earlier, just a different site. Disney is not at ods with Lucasfilm, Lucasfilm is just having trouble coming up with ways to make Boba Fett a relatable protagonist, AND maintaining his Scary OT presence. they just needt odo what i posted, OR come up with some OTHER way to make him a believeable anti-hero. There is NO contention, or dispute there between Lucasfilm and disney, and no meddling. just an assignment. Same as marvel.

$80 on figures for a 1 1/2 year old... Someone spoils their kid :) You do know they put the Age 3+ on the boxes for a reason, it's called a choking hazard.... just saying...

1) Less really. Han and Greedo for 9$ each from BBTS, Stormy and Leia for 13$ from amazon. He Also Loves he crap out of his Generations transformers.
BOTS! BOTS!BOTS! As he says, making the transformation sounds as he changes their modes. Or makes the transformation sounds and lies on the floor, then makes car noises as he crawls around, then makes the transform noises as he stands back up.

2) Kids learn what you teach them. My son RARELY decides small things are food, and generaly only puts food in his mouth. I also tend to play with the toys WITH him.

3) The age aspect is required by a federal law, and also says " contains small parts" . it's fairly simple, all those small parts are put away till he's older. he dosn't know han should have a blaster :D

4) If it makes my Boy smile ( AND it's SAFE/ I can afford it) , it's worth it.

Yeah I interpret that news differently. Doesn't matter, we'll find out eventually.

Your son not knowing Han comes with a blaster is the cutest thing dude, lmao. Han has become as innocent as a teletubbie!:lol

innocent? nah, he has him as a ninja master, flipping around and kicking hands and feet... just like the ninja tutrles he als has :lol

the more i Read, it keeps sounding like scuttlebutt. And even then, it's not like its difficult to make him the "hero" and keep his dangerous edge. i think IF ANYTHING it's someone using the word "hero" where they mean protagonist.

Last edited:
2) Kids learn what you teach them. My son RARELY decides small things are food, and generaly only puts food in his mouth. I also tend to play with the toys WITH him.

3) The age aspect is required by a federal law, and also says " contains small parts" . it's fairly simple, all those small parts are put away till he's older. he dosn't know han should have a blaster :D

Don't lie... we know you fed them to your kid!

:monkey5

Don't lie... we know you fed them to your kid!

:lol

:monkey5

:lol

Well, the short furry one WILL eat anything he can.

One time, he ate a bee. then hours later he got sick, and barfed up the bee, then ate the bee again, and barfed it back up again. That time, i was able to get to it in time, and throw it out before he ate it a third time.

picture of the short, furry kid. 525112_459673074059948_2048322835_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back