Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep holding out. The most I'd pay for any of these is $30 and I will admit I bought X-Wing Luke for that price. I got him nearly a month before street date from eBay. It was totally worth it for the kid in me who couldn't wait to get his grubby paws on it!

Hey, check out how great Bespin Luke is capable of turning out if you score one with good paint apps!

12448258123_d96a3c278b_z.jpg

12448262113_856b20415b_z.jpg

12448118565_2931715775_z.jpg

If you are going to complain about these, then the human characters in this line just aren't for you. I think this is on par with the ANH Mark Hamill and ANH Harrison Ford likenesses they've done. My biggest complaint would be the lack of removable hand. Seems like a missed opportunity.

Theres only been 8 released so far.

Series 1:
Sandtrooper
R2D2
X Pilot Luke Skywalker
Darth Maul

SDCC Exclusive:
Boba Fett with Han Solo Carbonite

Series 2:
Greedo
Han Solo
Slave Leia
Boba Fett (I think its the same as the SDCC without the carbonite)

Series 3 (Should be available any day now):
Han Solo (same as series 2)
Stormtrooper
Obi Wan (revenge of the sith)
Bespin Luke

https://www.rebelscum.com/the-black-series-6-inch-figures.asp

#01: Luke Skywalker (X-Wing)
#02: Darth Maul
#03: Sandtrooper (Squad Leader)
#04: R2-D2
#05: Princess Leia (Slave Outfit)
#06: Boba Fett
#07: Greedo
#08: Han Solo
#09: Stormtrooper
#10: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episode III)
#11: Luke Skywalker (Bespin)
#12: Anakin Skywalker (Episode III)
#--: Biker Scout with Speederbike

Anything past that is rumor and speculation. I've heard AotC Clone Trooper, Chewie, Vader, Jedi Luke, TIE Pilot, Mace Windu, Jango Fett, IG-88, Lando, and a repainted Sandtrooper.

More expensive. More articulation. More accessories (like different hands). Probably better detail and paint. Likenesses could be hit or miss.

I don't think they'll go as extensive as Hasbro.

More expensive no doubt. I'm happy with the black line but I am curious to see what Medi comes up with.

Medicom is getting a 6" license for SW? I can't imagine them being more articulated. Hasbro's got some issues with these toys, but I don't think articulation is one of them. I'd expect paint and detail to be amazing and I couldn't imagine their portraits being worse than Hasbro's. I'm eager to see them even if I've decided I'm going to pass on them. I couldn't afford them. I know they'll be much more expensive than the Black Series. And even if they look nicer, I think the fact that the Black Series are hardy toys makes them even more appealing to me.

If medicom's other 6 inch figures are anything to go buy, they will be about twice the cost of a Hasbro figure. Not too bad considering that the paint is likely to be vastly superior.

Medicom is getting a 6" license for SW? I can't imagine them being more articulated.

They've already released a Rises Batman and ASM Spider-Man and they've shown off their upcoming ASM2 Spider-Man. They have more articulation and range than Hasbro's figures.

They've already released a Rises Batman and ASM Spider-Man and they've shown off their upcoming ASM2 Spider-Man. They have more articulation and range than Hasbro's figures.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the info. When I think 6" Medicom, I think of these:

review_apes_2.jpg

Lovely figures but more like statues. Do we know when these SW ones are due to come out? I wonder which characters they'll tackle. I hope they do R2 and have less trouble getting him into scale than Hasbro did. Of course, Medicom's track record for a scaled R2 is already spotty so I wouldn't hold my breath.

I still have not purchased a 6" SW figure yet!!

Me either. I've been tempted but I haven't brought myself to do it. I know everyone seems to think $20 is cheap for a 6inch figure but I don't. Not when you want several. But I will be buying Vader and maybe Chewy. Very curious about those.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I stand corrected. Thanks for the info. When I think 6" Medicom, I think of these:

review_apes_2.jpg

Lovely figures but more like statues. Do we know when these SW ones are due to come out? I wonder which characters they'll tackle. I hope they do R2 and have less trouble getting him into scale than Hasbro did. Of course, Medicom's track record for a scaled R2 is already spotty so I wouldn't hold my breath.

I have a few of those Medi POTA figures...they aren't very articulated, but they do look pretty good.....and now NECA is going to be doing POTA figures....too bad they couldn't have a crack at SW....

This "black Collection" is....okay, but uneven....

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

NECA, for all its faults, I'd still rather see them do 6 inch figures from licenses I love than any other company.

Me either. I've been tempted but I haven't brought myself to do it. I know everyone seems to think $20 is cheap for a 6inch figure but I don't. Not when you want several. But I will be buying Vader and maybe Chewy. Very curious about those.

$20 is ridiculous for these figures.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

It's priced accordingly really. The 3.75 are ten bucks now. It's the name of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upcoming figures announced by Hasbro.

Darth Vader (ROTJ) with 2 piece removable helmet
Jedi Luke with opened and closed shirt flaps
Chewbacca (ANH)
Clone Trooper (AOTC)
new Sandtrooper

Speeder Bike with Biker Scout (includes adjustable stand with 3 different heights)
Jabba the Hutt with movable mouth feature

Also, the packaging will be changed. Larger window design it sounds like.

Back