Hasbro 1:1 Accessories/Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, weight and thickness has no merit when it comes to these replica shields. I'm never going to use it in battle. For me, what matters is the paint color, how distinct is the brushed look, and the shine. Of course, on a secondary consideration, the brace and straps on the inside of the shield also matters to me. And IMO, the Hasbro metal shield fits my wants the best.

So with that said, I would suggest buying a second Hasbro metal shield for your cosplay purposes. The first one can be your signed collectible for display purposes. That's what I would do ...my preference.

I know you guys are all about the metal hasbro shield, but I was at Target earlier and not only did they have the plastic shield on the shelves, they were also on clearance. One Target had it at 69.99, but yet another Target here had them on clearance for $50. With that 20% coupon, you can have for $40. Maybe worth looking if you happen to be in a target.

I know you guys are all about the metal hasbro shield, but I was at Target earlier and not only did they have the plastic shield on the shelves, they were also on clearance. One Target had it at 69.99, but yet another Target here had them on clearance for $50. With that 20% coupon, you can have for $40. Maybe worth looking if you happen to be in a target.

That is a heck of a deal.

This is not mine but this was shared in one of my Captain America cosplaying groups on Facebook today:

Hey team! So I modded Dan's shield as well. This is how to mod the front.
Things you will need:
1. Marvel's Legends Shield by Hasbro
2. 100 grit sandpaper
3. Flexible but strong backing piece. *i used a plastic folder I cut up and only used one side.*
4. T-pin or thin nail with a minimal point tip.
5. TAPE *I used blue painters tape.*
6. Skills you learned in 3rd grade to use a compass.
STEP 1:
Find the center of your shield. Easy to do. Just find the center of your star. Basically center a piece of tape over the points to see where they meet. Stick your t-pin into it.
STEP 2:
Put your sandpaper onto the stiff backer, i.e. Plastic folder. Stick the pin through stiff backer and sandpaper and back onto your shield. Hold the pin firmly so it doesn't move around and scratch the front of the shield.
STEP 3:
Rotate the sandpaper around VERY LIGHTLY at first in a clockwork motion. Continue the motion around until you have completed a circle all the way around the shield. The ridges will start to look like a record. The more pressure you add, the deeper the grooves will form. Note* You CAN go too deep. Remember, this is just painted plastic.
And VOILA! You've got your modded shield!

cap 1.jpg

cap 2.jpg

cap 3.jpg

Interesting mod on the plastic Hasbro shield. Any more pics of the result besides that one pic?

I would think keeping the groves consistent is the hard part of this mod. That one result pic already shows inconsistent groves. But as an improvement for cosplay ...it might be worth it.

Someone advised to do the magnet mod on the plastic shield since it is less expensive and lighter. Would the magnets in that video that was posted be too strong for the plastic shield?

Bought a used metal shield off Amazon. $190

Returned plastic. Super happy I did. Metal is 10x better. I didn't care to much for plastic.

Even used paint job was excellent

c8f1445c06326b86caed10d2251f1d03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have both, Prefer the Metal version! $239 is a Great price for the Metal version!

And it's a done deal. Bought.

That's way to good of a deal to pass up.

I lied. And just canceled my order.....I'm so bad. I don't know why I'm struggling with this one. I'll regret it, I'm sure.

I just REALLY want to hold out to get another King Arts at a great deal.

Do you have any other metal versions to compare it to?

Have a Civil war King Art's shield, a Factory X, and a Master Replica Version, The KA's version is much heavier and sturdier, FX version, poorly made, MR version also heavy and bulky, as for the Hasbro metal version I think it's a good deal for the price! With the Price drop, I was actually thinking of getting another Hasbro version and make it a battle damaged shield!

Black Friday is near. Surely someone will have a killer deal on it then. You may have just saved yourself $50.

Man, I'm hoping. Hopefully, it was a smart move.

Have a Civil war King Art's shield, a Factory X, and a Master Replica Version, The KA's version is much heavier and sturdier, FX version, poorly made, MR version also heavy and bulky, as for the Hasbro metal version I think it's a good deal for the price! With the Price drop, I was actually thinking of getting another Hasbro version and make it a battle damaged shield!

If you had the chance, would you buy another King Arts at $600 or this at $250?

I can't speak on behalf of the rest, but based on what I've seen, some of these are extremely well made for the price, others not so much. But still by far, I feel Chris made the best cap shield. uploadfromtaptalk1478805615787.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Back