Hasbro 1:1 Accessories/Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't believe how similar in quality both looks and hasbro can still make a profit selling for $280. Just tells you how much mark up those other "collectible" companies put on their stuff.

Th King arts version cost twice as much.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Can't believe how similar in quality both looks and hasbro can still make a profit selling for $280. Just tells you how much mark up those other "collectible" companies put on their stuff.

Th King arts version cost twice as much.

Well to be fair regarding Kings Art, it was not meant to be for the U.S. so there's some mark up from that standpoint. The shield's quality is also better ... more solid, heavier, better paint applications, thicker pleather/leather straps, and better edges. Plus it comes with either a heavy duty pedestal stand or wall mount frame (with LED lights) and a stainless steel placard. Packaging material is superior as well. Therefore, I can see how the price would be higher.

The star definitely has a cheaper mass produced stamped/pressed in look, rather than the machined and secured on look of the movies (see pics above). The reds and blues are superrr wet, so in harsh bright light, the glossy and even reflective nature of it ruins the spun look. In softer light the gloss and glares of the finish is more forgiving. The star is oversized, but this isn't really marketed as a movie version shield, so that's okay. I have it next to the EFX shield in the pic up top, and it definitely is enough to steal it's thunder. For 300$ or under, it's priced very low but I believe it's priced for it's quality (defects aside). Great purchase if you're looking for a metal shield on the cheap. Even with the cheaper looking star, I'm overall happy with it.

I'm looking for a way to safely carry this to conventions. Prefer not to take it in and out of the box. Does anyone know of a cloth cover that might work? I'm trying to avoid scratches and dings!

I'm looking for a way to safely carry this to conventions. Prefer not to take it in and out of the box. Does anyone know of a cloth cover that might work? I'm trying to avoid scratches and dings!

If the measurements are correct, just buy a 24" cymbal cover. You can get anything from a simple thin one to a thick padded one.

Love the Shields, Here's a comparison shot of the Metal version and the Plastic version, Plastic version, has much darker colors, and would be great for cosplay!

Attachments

• Cap DBL Shield.jpg
    Cap DBL Shield.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 131
Pics of the Shields next to their boxes!

Attachments

• Cap Plastic Shield.jpg
    Cap Plastic Shield.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 126
  • Cap 75th Anniversary Metal Shield.jpg
    Cap 75th Anniversary Metal Shield.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 129
Got my Iron Man helmet today, looks ok, but I think its a piece of junk. Basically cheap plastic. But it's pretty. I'm going to keep this and pass on EFX, although this is basically a kids toy it will save me $600 over the EFX one.

IMG_3955.jpg

I give up on trying to flip the photo...sorry,

the dream is over. just got my
shield. piece of **** paint job. a lot of smudges , paint flaws, scratches
c4752232115b97d999ee3847240d663c.jpg
effd66f6cb69bbc6b329abe3cb84b7a3.jpg
1216d860d76ee2422aaa5c74906c25b1.jpg

you can see smudges on the silver part (like dried drops) as well as on the red part (like dried drops)

SUCKS

I am give it one more chance, talking to amazon as we speak

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I was a little disappointing in the Iron Man helmet as it just feels very cheap and toyish. From a distance on display it looks fine though. For the price I can't really complain. I would have liked to have seen a metal offering without the whole wearable aspect. I got my 75th Anniversary shield today, and I am much more pleased with it. There are a few paint defects but nothing major, and they are almost completely unnoticeable from a distance. I am really just happy to be able to find such collectible at an affordable price. Hopefully the next offerings are good. I was a bit reluctant when voting for next items to be released, because things that I would like to see like a Thor helmet, hammer or Spider-man mask has a high potential of coming out cheap looking.

Back