Hasbro 1:1 Accessories/Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1ebc0f429dc3c039659050bd190eb230.jpg

Got it in today

Some paint blemishes on star and blue. Requested a replacement to see if it's better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's pretty good quality. Red and silver is great blue is dark. Like avengers 2 dark

Besides small paint flops it's great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At a local Toys R Us ....or online Toys R Us?

I looked on their website and only one store in my city had it in stock. So I went there, couldn't find it, asked about it at the customer service desk. She looked behind the customer service counter and there was one there so she gave it to me.

I know their website has free shipping for anything over $20. But I haven't tried to order one online to see if you'd actually get it for $79 shipped. If you can get one for $79, it's totally a steal at that price.

Ok. Was just curious.

Maybe I need to look at my local Toys R Us, too.

I have 4-5 friends in a Captain America cosplaying group that I know have each bought one from TRU. Most of the stories I've heard are that they found one on an end cap or in the back, or in a place you wouldn't expect it. It's a pretty big box, so it really doesn't fit anywhere in the aisle that has all of the action figures and smaller toys. Good luck.

It's under the "Marvel Legends" brand so of course it's gonna be included in the action figure section

Series has been going strong for 15 years

I went to my local TRU even though the website said all stores in my area were sold out, and sure enough they had one on the shelves. So don't trust their online per store inventory. It was in the action figure section. I was very happy when it rang up at 79.99 without my even saying anything about the 20% Marvel roll play sale.

Like others have said its a real steal at 100, so 80.00 is of course really great.

I just read through a newsletter email from ThinkGeek, and mentioned and pictured in it was a "Captain America Metal Wall Mounted Shield." Here's the link to the product on ThinkGeek:

https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/j...874&linkid=94865858_blurbs_headline_jjhs#tabs

Does anyone know anything about this version of Cap's shield? This product page lists it as full size (24"), officially licensed from Marvel, and made from "heavy-duty tin," yet it's only $39.99. Is that simply because there aren't straps/the ability to wear/cosplay this shield that makes it so much less expensive than even the $100 plastic shield from Hasbro?

I'm only interested in displaying a Cap shield, not cosplaying with one, so does anyone know if this version will look as nice as the $100 plastic Hasbro one does in the pictures in this thread? Does anyone own this or know more about it? That email today from ThinkGeek was the first I had seen of or heard about it. I was interested in the $100 plastic Hasbro shield for display purposes (especially if I could find it for $80), but it would be even better if I could pick this one up for half that cost if it's as nice as the Hasbro one.

EDIT: I noticed after posting this that the shield is also described on that product page as a "heavy-duty tin sign," so I just finished live chatting with ThinkGeek customer service about the shield for some more info. He confirmed that the shield is convex/shield-shaped and not just a flat tin sign. He also said that "it looks pretty amazing" (of course) and that he wouldn't mind one on his own wall.

I looked on their website and only one store in my city had it in stock. So I went there, couldn't find it, asked about it at the customer service desk. She looked behind the customer service counter and there was one there so she gave it to me.

I know their website has free shipping for anything over $20. But I haven't tried to order one online to see if you'd actually get it for $79 shipped. If you can get one for $79, it's totally a steal at that price.

do you know when this 20% off ends? thanks

Picked up the plastic version over the weekend. Paint job is pretty bad. Looks like the clear coat was wet when they put it in the plastic bag. Returning it this week.

Mine came in the mail on Saturday and it turned out pretty nice. Not perfect, which I wasn't expecting, but still very nice looking. The inside/straps look great.

Going to take it out tomorrow night to fight some crime. If you guys don't hear back from me Wednesday morning then you'll know to skip the plastic shield and pick up the metal one.

Back