Has the PT improved with time?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has the PT improved with age?

• I like it more now

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • I like it less now

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • I never liked it

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • I always liked it

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters
I don't know what to think about it. I'm amazed he was foolish enough to come out with that story in today's world where racism is almost considered the lowest of the low, and yeah, where people climb over eachother to virtue signal and condemn. It won't matter that it was 40 years ago, context won't matter. Today's moral standards get applied regardless. I won't be surprised if his career grinds to a halt after this.

Yep. He could very well be done because that's the world we now live in. Have a dark thought in response to a good friend being vilely raped? You're condemned forever. Want to kill a fully formed nine month old baby seconds away from being delivered? Applause. ****ed up world. Truly ****ed.

Yep. He could very well be done because that's the world we now live in. Have a dark thought in response to a good friend being vilely raped? You're condemned forever. Want to kill a fully formed nine month old baby seconds away from being delivered? Applause. ****ed up world. Truly ****ed.

In fairness I don't think it's his desire for violent revenge that is being condemned but the fact he asked his friend what colour her rapist was and that he wanted to go out and kill any black person who provoked him. I don't blame them for raising an eyebrow at that aspect of it. But y'know...the time and place he grew up in...the older a person is the more likely they are to have certain attitudes - it doesn't necessarily mean they still have those attitudes though. He will be condemned as if he does, it will be assumed he does. Because no one can change apparently.

In fairness I don't think it's his desire for violent revenge that is being condemned but the fact he asked his friend what colour her rapist was and that he wanted to go out and kill any black person who provoked him. I don't blame them for raising an eyebrow at that aspect of it. But y'know...the time and place he grew up in...the older a person is the more likely they are to have certain attitudes - it doesn't necessarily mean they still have those attitudes though. He will be condemned as if he does, it will be assumed he does. Because no one can change apparently.

Yes there's no question that he was looking for revenge and not necessarily on the person who committed the act. Hard to say how "racist" he was being without knowing what he would have done if she had stated that the attacker was white. Would he have then asked for the person's hair color? And then gone looking for any white guy with blonde, brown, red, etc., hair with the same murderous intent? Who knows. But the attacker was black so his *murderous, revenge fueled* intentions are suddenly out of line? He was in a dark, horrible place, period. And it was a place that probably any one of us would have a hard time not going to, at least in thought.

Is that his standard mindset? Of course not, based on his confession anyway. But it's where he was for however many hours and he regrets it. Not that SJW's will care obviously.

With the racism paranoia in society now that is of course what the media focuses on. Liam was foolish not to expect this. He could have told the same story minus the race angle and it would have equally paralleled the theme of the film he is promoting. Really, surprisingly stupid of him.

Uh oh, Ewan just tweeted that after TLJ he went out daring any Asian woman with a cattle prod to provoke him. Things aren't looking good for that Obi-Wan standalone flick now either, lol.

I'll have to rewatch the PT at some point. Haven't seen them in years (except for parts of III).

I dread doing though, so that may sum up how I truly feel about them despite wanting to like them and enjoying many of the designs.

I feel the same way about '89 Batman -- love the designs and sets and costumes, but its painful to sit thru most of the movie.

You really only need to watch about 35 min total from the PT.

Maul/Duel of Fates
In walks Mace Windu to the end of AOTC
Dooku/Anakin/Obi Wan
Yoda/Emperor and Anakin/Obi Wan fights.

That's it.

Great that Liam is owning his past behaviour. Sad that, like James Gunn, he won’t live it down.

If Luke can have a momentary bad thought, so can Qui-Gon!

If Luke can have a momentary bad thought, so can Qui-Gon!

I think Qui-Gon would've had a momentary bad thought long before this race controversy. Like right about here:

EP1CHP6-020.jpg

Then again, that wouldn't have been "bad," would it? :)

I don’t even understand why’d he say that. I think he just didn’t care and doesn’t care to make movies anymore so it’s like whatever

I don’t even understand why’d he say that. I think he just didn’t care and doesn’t care to make movies anymore so it’s like whatever

Or his thought he could pass on some bit of truth about tribal hate and the evil it brings..

That's the problem with todays society..

20 years from now nobody will ever be able to learn a lesson from others because everyone will be too afraid to share their past mistakes and how to learn from them.

People are idiots.

Yes there's no question that he was looking for revenge and not necessarily on the person who committed the act. Hard to say how "racist" he was being without knowing what he would have done if she had stated that the attacker was white. Would he have then asked for the person's hair color? And then gone looking for any white guy with blonde, brown, red, etc., hair with the same murderous intent? Who knows. But the attacker was black so his *murderous, revenge fueled* intentions are suddenly out of line? He was in a dark, horrible place, period. And it was a place that probably any one of us would have a hard time not going to, at least in thought.

Is that his standard mindset? Of course not, based on his confession anyway. But it's where he was for however many hours and he regrets it. Not that SJW's will care obviously.

He went tribal for sure. At that moment in time he was 100% emotional and 100% wrong but he was admitting to that.

He just did not understand that the only people you can hate and blame for the problems of the past are white people and mostly white men. :lol

SJW are such hypocrites and are a lot like the extreme Religious right with their judgement of others.

Reading the full interview again it literally plays like a confession that he felt he simply had to make. He says point blank that he'd never told *anyone* about that horrible week he spent roaming the streets looking for an excuse to murder any man who shared the race of his friend's attacker. I don't think he cared about his career at all in that moment, and simply needed to make the confession as a human being. I'm sure he knew full well what the repercussions could be.

He said point blank that he was ashamed to even speak out loud what he did and what he was thinking back then and it was clearly guilt that he's been carrying for years. He owned it, could have taken it to his grave, but outed himself because he thought it was the right thing to do. How can you not respect that? What if everyone followed the lead of 2019 Neeson and owned up to how wretched we can *all* be as human beings? Thank God that no innocent man was hurt or killed. That would have been so horrible, especially with the unfortunate racial element that he sadly latched onto. But I'm also glad that there's at least one person in Hollywood (so to speak) who is actually capable of coming clean and putting honesty, humility, and an acknowledgement of wrong doing ahead of the all-mighty "career."

Reading the full interview again it literally plays like a confession that he felt he simply had to make. He says point blank that he'd never told *anyone* about that horrible week he spent roaming the streets looking for an excuse to murder any man who shared the race of his friend's attacker. I don't think he cared about his career at all in that moment, and simply needed to make the confession as a human being. I'm sure he knew full well what the repercussions could be.

He said point blank that he was ashamed to even speak out loud what he did and what he was thinking back then and it was clearly guilt that he's been carrying for years. He owned it, could have taken it to his grave, but outed himself because he thought it was the right thing to do. How can you not respect that? What if everyone followed the lead of 2019 Neeson and owned up to how wretched we can *all* be as human beings? Thank God that no innocent man was hurt or killed. That would have been so horrible, especially with the unfortunate racial element that he sadly latched onto. But I'm also glad that there's at least one person in Hollywood (so to speak) who is actually capable of coming clean and putting honesty, humility, and an acknowledgement of wrong doing ahead of the all-mighty "career."

Agree 100%. He owned it. Had great guilt about it. Was not bragging or boasting. It was brave. It was a lesson he learned and a lesson to teach. It amazes me that someone can do something 40 years ago... show no signs of the same behavior, confess and apologize and still Accused of having those same thoughts. Weird.

Even if his actions at the time did have a racist element - and possibly they did given some of the things he said - do people think he was telling this story 40 years later to endorse racism? With the reaction you'd swear that was the case.

And yet it clearly isn't. He talks in that same interview about his shame and guilt.

So apparently the message today's virtue-signallers want to send is that it doesn't matter that you A) didn't actually do anything in the end. It doesn't matter that B) you volunteered this story through sheer honesty and it doesn't matter that C) you clearly condemn your own past thoughts and want to convey a general lesson to all to overcome such hate and anger, that it's not the way - none of that matters. You must still be vilified and possibly shamed for the rest of your days. Everyone, no matter where they're from or when they were born, must be a finished product throughout their whole lives that meets the moral standards of 2019.

So well done SJWs. Lets make sure no honest conversations can be had and that no one is ever encouraged to change and become better people because you'll go and crucify them either way.

BGI7Ha9.gif

Last edited:
Bah. Totally crazy. Our grandchildren are just going to get a totally rewritten version of history because everyone is offended by the past, rather than use the outdated values and views often held in the past to create a better present and future.

Funny, I watched one of the well known filmed stand-up routines of Eddie Murphy from the early 80's yesterday. My god, the offense it would cause today (and I don't mean the ratio of f-bombs to sentences)

Back