Has the PT improved with time?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has the PT improved with age?

• I like it more now

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • I like it less now

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • I never liked it

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • I always liked it

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters
and dont forget Clone Wars animated series that cost him millions per espisode.
Poor GL

th

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I was in my first year of High School when PM came out. I distinctly remember skipping school to go buy tickets and my mom being totally okay with it because at that point Star Wars was my entire life. I loved every minute of it. At the time seeing those type of effects applied to a Star Wars film felt mind blowing. I was able to finally see all these parts of the galaxy I had only been able to read about in books. The pod racing scene was (at the time) the absolute pinnacle of special effects. AOTC might be a terrible film -- but I got to go to coruscant. ROTS blew my lid off. I have always loved these films -- I feel super lucky that HT has turned their attention to this line.

Since TLJ has been so divisive, I was curious as to Simon Pegg's take, given he hated the prequels and was heavily involved in TFA (whose setup TLJ largely disregards).

Turns out the ST actually makes him miss George! He also feels guilty about being part of the Jar Jar backlash that nearly drove Ahmed Best to suicide: https://theplaylist.net/simon-pegg-last-jedi-george-lucas-20181113/

AOTC is garbage- even more so now...Phantom Menace ok in parts as long as Anakin isn't in them

AOTC is bad, but I like where Obi Wan fights Jango outside the cloning facility.

The first two are whatever but that third one is just so good to me. They could of jus made that movie and not the others and I’d be good. So many great moments.

The first two are whatever but that third one is just so good to me. They could of jus made that movie and not the others and I’d be good. So many great moments.

I concur. ROTS was OT-level (well, ROTJ-level at least). It was what the others had been building up to.

I don't care for RotS that much. There was promise but it never delivered on those promises.

Things that would have improved the film for me.

1. Little less R2 humor and goofiness in the beginning
2. No General Grievous
3. Better / slower transition for Anakin to the dark side
4. No Saber duels for the Emperor. Ian was just awful in the first one and the Yoda duel was a CGI filled waste of time
5. This goes along with #4. The final Duel between Anakin and Obi Wan should have been the focus and filmed a bit better. No cut aways to Yoda / Emperor and no goofy CGI lava boats and swinging on wires... Just give us a great duel... Something more in line with TPM Obi wan and Maul Duel.
6. No dying of a Broken heart.

RotS is far better then AOTC but I still find TPM easier to watch and feels more like OT because of better use of real sets and locations. Sure Jar Jar is awful and little Anakin is annoying but Pod race, Duel of the Fates, and Qui Gon are all top highlights of the PT for me.

The best parts of the Mustafar showdown was when Obi-Wan and Anakin were circling each other on the landing platform at the beginning and then Obi-Wan's speech at the end. They should have just had the entire duel be on the first platform with Anakin then falling over the side and into the lava.

Remember how riveting the close quarters duel between Liam Neeson and Tim Roth was at the end of Rob Roy? They totally could have done something like that.

Not the thread to talk about it but Liam has gotten himself into some big trouble. Anyone see that?

Well not until you made me Google it, lol. Let the SJW vultures virtue signal their ass off in trying to condemn him. He had an evil thought as an immediate response to his friend being raped? Crucify him! Freaking idiots.

I don't know what to think about it. I'm amazed he was foolish enough to come out with that story in today's world where racism is almost considered the lowest of the low, and yeah, where people climb over eachother to virtue signal and condemn. It won't matter that it was 40 years ago, context won't matter. Today's moral standards get applied regardless. I won't be surprised if his career grinds to a halt after this.

Back