Has the PT improved with time?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has the PT improved with age?

• I like it more now

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • I like it less now

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • I never liked it

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • I always liked it

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters
Funny, I watched one of the well known filmed stand-up routines of Eddie Murphy from the early 80's yesterday. My god, the offense it would cause today (and I don't mean the ratio of f-bombs to sentences)

Thankfully the politically incorrect content of the past hasn't been censored... yet.

Thankfully the politically incorrect content of the past hasn't been censored... yet.

Imagine trying to make Blazing Saddles or a TV show like All in the Family today...... Of course The Jeffersons wouls still be OK.

I suspect I am in the minority but I liked Natalie Portman's performance as Padme better in TPM than the other two movies. Especially the scenes where she spoke in monotone as the Queen. The odd way of speaking gave her a uniqueness and a little bit of mystery. Once she started talking like Natalie Portman usually does, she became an incredibly boring character and it put on display Portman's worst acting quirks.

Her character took a major step back in ROTS. Pretty much the only scene where she wasn't entirely defined by this implausible love for Twatakin was the 'This is how liberty dies' scene.

For me:

OT was me in my Childhood (I was around 10 during ESB)
PT was me in my adulthood (early 20’s)
NT is me in Fatherhood (my youngest is 10)

Yes SW is a huge part of my life including the PT!!

Her character took a major step back in ROTS. Pretty much the only scene where she wasn't entirely defined by this implausible love for Twatakin was the 'This is how liberty dies' scene.

Indeed. There were at least some attempts to develop her as an independent character in AOTC but her role in ROTS was abysmal. It actually made the "liberty dies" scene feel incongruent because it presented her differently than the rest of the film. Overall, the character of Padme was a poor replacement for Leia. They gave her roles (queen, youngest elected senator) that were barely reflected in her character and Natalie Portman was incredibly miscast.

It sounds harsh but I can't think of a single role outside of Leon The Professional where Natalie Portman wasn't miscast. She never seems to embody her characters.

Kylo Ren as played by driver is close to what I expected Anakin to be before the prequels.

Imagine if Adam Driver played Anakin as acted like the written Kylo’s character. The PT would have been such different movies.

Kylo Ren as played by driver is close to what I expected Anakin to be before the prequels.

Yep. I've always felt that.

It's almost like JJ had that in mind as well.

Kylo Ren and Driver's performance is one of the key things to like about the ST.

Back