Has anyone on here ever won a SSC contest??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've won quite a few things over the years... only once on a sitewide contest though which was for the Mars Attacks Ambassador and Soldier from HT, which was also the biggest.

As either part of an event or Freaks contest from Sideshow I've also won a RAH Racer X, Sauron and Aragorn LOTR 1/4 Helms, Elvis PF Ex, WETA Legolas and a Medicom VCD C-3PO. Might be a few others, but I've gotten a lot of cool freebies from Sideshow over the years :rock

I won something in the best Spook ever (2009). Well, it wasn't so much a win as it was given to me from Sideshow out of pity for posting in the Loser's Lounge. :lol

I won something in the best Spook ever (2009). Well, it wasn't so much a win as it was given to me from Sideshow out of pity for posting in the Loser's Lounge. :lol

well at least you were in the right place.........:wave

me?..........never heard of such a place............:monkey3

well at least you were in the right place.........:wave

me?..........never heard of such a place............:monkey3

Loser's Lounge--------> Gold member status----------->barryo

images

:lol

I've won quite a few things over the years... only once on a sitewide contest though which was for the Mars Attacks Ambassador and Soldier from HT, which was also the biggest.

As either part of an event or Freaks contest from Sideshow I've also won a RAH Racer X, Sauron and Aragorn LOTR 1/4 Helms, Elvis PF Ex, WETA Legolas and a Medicom VCD C-3PO. Might be a few others, but I've gotten a lot of cool freebies from Sideshow over the years :rock

Dang! That's a lot...roughly how much money do you think you've spent at Sideshow over the years?

Since everyone seems to be posting what they have won I will too.

My first win way back in 2006 was the 10,000th post Star Wars Jedi prize pack which was a set of the first six 12" figs (Jedi Luke, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Kit Fisto and Qui-Gon)

Since then the main things I have won are a Star Wars Space Slug Diorama, Cave Troll Hammer, Red Skull PF, Jack Sparrow PF, Vlad the Impaler PF, 12" Figrin D'an and 12" RAH Blade.

I know I have been pretty darn lucky with the stuff I have won which is also why I have given stuff away (and probably will again this Spook if it turns out to be the same as last year) so to everyone who hasn't won anything yet keep looking and trying... you never know when something will fall into your lap. :)

The chance of winning were probably much higher in 2006, because there weren't a lot of people who even knew about SSC. So, it's most likely, that they didn't even have a lot entries in their contests. Compare that to now, and the thousands of followers on their Facebook page, and all of the coverage that they've gotten in pop-culture and Comic Conventions.

Last edited:
The chance so winning were probably much higher in 2006, because there weren't a lot of people who even knew about SSC. So, it's most likely, that they didn't even have a lot entries in their contests. Compare that to now, and the thousands of followers on their Facebook page, and all of the coverage that they've gotten in pop-culture and Comic Conventions.

Thats a very good point. :lecture

The chance of winning were probably much higher in 2006, because there weren't a lot of people who even knew about SSC. So, it's most likely, that they didn't even have a lot entries in their contests. Compare that to now, and the thousands of followers on their Facebook page, and all of the coverage that they've gotten in pop-culture and Comic Conventions.

I agree, it was easier. 95% of that stuff I won was before 2010. But that 10,000 post contest was funny because they had a counter going and when it got close people just posted random comment after comment as fast as they could hoping to be the winner. I posted one in the morning and about 3 hours later they said I won.

Back