Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince--SPOILERS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Yeah, the lack of a battle at the end was disapointing. Why add a pointless attack on the Burrow that wasn't in the books and cut out a perfeclty good, and logical, battle at Hogwarts? They better make up for it in Deathly Hallows.

I thought Dumbledore's death was handled very well. It was the one thing I was worried about since I didn't like the way they handled Sirius' death in the last film. Gambon was also at his best in this one. Still no Harris, but definately Gambon's best attempt at Dumbledore. I can't help but think how much better this would have been if Harris hadn't died. He was the perfect Dumbledore. I've just never felt Gambon ever really understood who he was playing. But he did get closer in this film than any other. I almost shed a tear when he died, and then I remembered him yelling in Goblet of Fire and that went away.

You mean his pretty much molesting Harry into the wall with his interrogation.....

Yeah, the lack of a battle at the end was disapointing. Why add a pointless attack on the Burrow that wasn't in the books and cut out a perfeclty good, and logical, battle at Hogwarts? They better make up for it in Deathly Hallows.

I thought Dumbledore's death was handled very well. It was the one thing I was worried about since I didn't like the way they handled Sirius' death in the last film. Gambon was also at his best in this one. Still no Harris, but definately Gambon's best attempt at Dumbledore. I can't help but think how much better this would have been if Harris hadn't died. He was the perfect Dumbledore. I've just never felt Gambon ever really understood who he was playing. But he did get closer in this film than any other. I almost shed a tear when he died, and then I remembered him yelling in Goblet of Fire and that went away.

Agreed about Gambon. His water drinking scene was hella weak though. It's so painful in the book and just glossed over in the film so the ikkle kids wouldn't get too upset.

I am pretty sure they cut out battle at Hogwarts so it has more of a climax feel when they do it for Deathly Hallows. I can live with how they did it.

Except that it's removal made breaking into Hogwarts pointless and foolish.

Not really. Why make the plan, repair the vanishing cabinet and break into Hogwarts only to collect Draco and run back out as soon as you do? Why go to the trouble when it accomplishes nothing? They could have cut the cabinet stuff, have Snape show up and flee with Draco and it would be exactly the same, only, ya know, logical. :D

Not really. Why make the plan, repair the vanishing cabinet and break into Hogwarts only to collect Draco and run back out as soon as you do? Why go to the trouble when it accomplishes nothing? They could have cut the cabinet stuff, have Snape show up and flee with Draco and it would be exactly the same, only, ya know, logical. :D

I guess to make sure that Malfoy and Snape made good on his promises. :dunno

I do see what you mean, but I didn't feel like it distracted anything from my enjoyment of the movie. If anything it just heightened my expectations for the real Battle at Hogwarts we get at the end of DH.

Like I said, I havn't seen the movie, so maybe my point is moot. But my problem with the battle being taken out is I feel like it takes away from the importance of DA. That was a big moment for the lesser students.

Like I said, I havn't seen the movie, so maybe my point is moot. But my problem with the battle being taken out is I feel like it takes away from the importance of DA. That was a big moment for the lesser students.

Yeah but its repeated again (and more effectively for translation to the big screen) in DH. Just my opinion. I with you guys though I would rather have sat through 3 1/2 hour versions than to see the scenes cut.

The one in DH is different though because its the big climactic battle for all the marbles with pretty much everyone. This one was the kids defending their turf and coming in to their own right as witches and wizards. The Order had to bail them out in OOTP, but in HBP they were loaded for bear (What does that mean anyhow?).

When I read the book I remember sitting on the balcony at the hotel and thinking, "This is going to be an awesome kick ass battle scene, I cannot wait to see this on the big screen." So maybe if the scene at the Burrow is as exciting I'll be less disappointed. Maybe I just need to brave the crowd and go see the damn movie. :lol

So maybe if the scene at the Burrow is as exciting I'll be less disappointed. Maybe I just need to brave the crowd and go see the damn movie. :lol

It was tense... but I wouldn't have called it exciting. :(

The most exciting part for me was when Dumbledore takes out all the zombies.

I'm in the line with my iPhone waiting to go see it... There's like 3 people dress like DUmbledore. Oh a 2 Harry potters!!!!!!!

Back from the cinema 7/10. Looking forward to the conclusion as I haven't read the final book.

TO those who have seen it, is there a lot of blood in the sectumsempra scene? my kid brother wants to see this with me and he gets scared easily.

I didn't think it was that bad.. It was mostly flowing out from under him.

ok thanks I think he will be going then

Got back from seeing this about an hour ago. Loved it! There was some stuff they took out and changed from the novel that was disappointing, but overall a great adaption of the book.

I really wish Hot Toy's would make Harry Potter figures. So many possibilities and I would buy mostly anything they put out since I am a huge fan of the franchise.

Got back from seeing this about an hour ago. Loved it! There was some stuff they took out and changed from the novel that was disappointing, but overall a great adaption of the book.

I really wish Hot Toy's would make Harry Potter figures. So many possibilities and I would buy mostly anything they put out since I am a huge fan of the franchise.

My wallet would hate it, but that would be beyond awesome. Perhaps, after all the films are done, they will do it.

Saw it. Solid 8.5/10. I was really disappointed with some of the stuff removed from the book but not enough to really ruin the experience. I read a lot of critiques of Radcliffe's performance or even Gambon's but I thought it all worked together great. Honestly I think it was the best one after the first one and I loved the Felix scenes. I can't wait to see the next ones.

Saw it. Solid 8.5/10. I was really disappointed with some of the stuff removed from the book but not enough to really ruin the experience. I read a lot of critiques of Radcliffe's performance or even Gambon's but I thought it all worked together great. Honestly I think it was the best one after the first one and I loved the Felix scenes. I can't wait to see the next ones.

I'd give it an 8.5/10 as well. Oddly my sister inlaw and her friend are the biggest HP fans/nuts that I know personally and they both were severely disappointed with things that were left out. Enough so that they gave it a 1/10 :lol

Me, Im clueless about the books, but had a good time drooling over Emma watson.

My wallet would hate it, but that would be beyond awesome. Perhaps, after all the films are done, they will do it.

Don't worry. I've asked them before. They don't have any plans to do Harry Potter (or Twilight for that matter).

Back