Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Movie SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the sounds of things, especially what Buffy is saying, the whole 'Stick with Harry' thing that Yates has done for these last few movies seems to sting the most with these last 2. I hated not seeing Moody's death in the first DH1 and I didn't like the way Dumbledore's death was dealt with in HBP.... sounds like it's even worse in DH2. Can't wait to see it though!

All those "off screen" adult deaths bugged me in the books, so I wasn't expecting any different in the movies. I was satisfied with this one--it's the very first Potter film that felt like it was over much too soon. Didn't check the time once.

After a few conversations at the beach house, the film got going and didn't stop--except for maybe the pensieve scene, which I loved. While the pace was pretty steady, it wasn't exhausting. Just kept moving and got down to business, and several characters had nice little moments. But everybody, even Ron and Hermione, took a bit if a back seat to Harry, and I thought that was appropriate. This really was the end of Harry's story and the time for house points and who is taking who to the Yule Ball was over. Harry was front and center and confident and proactive and courageous and all of that more than ever before. His character, and Radcliffe's performance, really reached a high point here. I'd say that it was a satisfying conclusion that felt pretty faithful to the book. I was maybe expecting more battle stuff and possibly seeing some of what the book didn't show us, but they stuck to the book, and to Harry. I liked it.

And they even had extra glasses!

I think you might have nailed that one. For me personally I don't know how you could walk out of this and say it was a disappointment. Didn't hear that from one person in the crowd I was with last night.

No, not like you think. We did have higher expectations than maybe we should have. We should have known better seeing as how the others have been handled. But it's not wrong of us to have wanted more magic fights at Hogwarts...I love saying..holy crap did you see that, man Kingsley is effing amazing...I just wanted to do that a whole lot. And I didn't get to, lol.

I am surprised that noone has comments on the return of
Spoiler Spoiler:
I was absolutely hoping this would be the case when I read the book and I was pleased to read a review that mentions that it does. :rock

No, not like you think. We did have higher expectations than maybe we should have. We should have known better seeing as how the others have been handled. But it's not wrong of us to have wanted more magic fights at Hogwarts...I love saying..holy crap did you see that, man Kingsley is effing amazing...I just wanted to do that a whole lot. And I didn't get to, lol.

I walked out thinking just that myself. What I mean I got really everything I wanted out of this movie. I understand that for you this didn't happen exactly but I think in time you'll see why someone like myself is still going on the excitement of last night.

Spoiler Spoiler:
I was absolutely hoping this would be the case when I read the book and I was pleased to read a review that mentions that it does. :rock

Downloaded the soundtrack the other day. Its really quite good.

I torrented the sucker and am listening to it right now. :D

Thief!!!!!!!
invasion23.jpg

I almost went to see this last night at 3am but chose to sleep. I was fine waiting till Tuesday to see it but I was concerned I would get something spoiled so I grabbed the kids and we hit the 2pm show.
Having read all the books before watching the films, I knew not to expect an exact reenactment. Like most things like this I think sticking to the book should be the default position. I was very happy with it up until a certain point:
Spoiler Spoiler:

I really felt that the last portion was too rushed and although I would have been in that seat another 10 minutes I think it would have been worth it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I noticed that as soon as it ended. A really nice touch :rock

Saw it. Loved it. But the best part was that I saw it at Universal City Walk and afterwards they let us into Wizarding World. That was a hell of an experience.

Only quibble with it was it could have been 10-15 minutes longer to give the supporting characters some more screen time. Otherwise,
a solid 9.5/10.

Back