Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Movie SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sitting in the theater 2.5 hours away from part one. I have my Dumbledore wand in hand and I got my Harry Potter 3D glasses, so excited it's awesome!!!!!

Seeing this Saturday morning at IMAX....can't wait.

And that Trolling Saruman is pretty funny. :lol

Just got home. Really fun week seeing all these movies but this movie was outstanding. Full thoughts after I've slept for those that care.

Just got home with my 7 years old son from the midnight showing. Awesome movie, wish it was a little bit longer.

Just got back as well, and like Josh, I'm pretty out of it. :lol

Just a quick final thought: I'm really sad to see the series end. I thought this finale was great. I will admit that I think the hype outshines the final product, BUT I really thought it was a fitting end and you definitely get closure on the last 10 years. There were some unanswered questions that Part 2 didn't address, which was a little shocking for me. Thanks to my friend who went with me and actually read the books, I got those answered though.

All of that aside, I thought it was on par with all of the previous installments and really enjoyable. If you've seen the others, this is a must for theaters. Definitely worth the money. Be forewarned: the crowds are rowdy. :lol.

Go see it, have fun, and enjoy!!!

Just got home about an hour ago. Fighting the DSL to get back online but got here to tell ya that I watched The Deathly Hallows Parts 1 and 2 tonight at the theatre in 2D. 10/10. Probably one of the absolute best experiences of going to the movies in my lifetime. Right up there with Star Wars, Empire, Batman and TDK. Seeing this film the way Rowling intended as one whole story where you don't have to wait six months to a year to get the conclusion is not just necessary its really the only way to EXPERIENCE it. The crowd I saw it with were all fans, so into it and so loving it. Everything worked so well and I felt that the few things that didn't work in Part 1 worked perfectly here because you get the emotional and spiritual resonance in the form of a complete story with a beginning, middle and ending all in one sitting. And what an ending. The revelations, the battles, the denouement--all were there. And the epilogue was beautifully done. Its been a week of Potter for me watching Philosopher's Stone all thru Half Blood Prince on bluray and to culminate it tonight with all of The Deathly Hallows completes the circle. Next to Tree of Life, with all its numinous and esoteric meanings, is The Deathly Hallows as my two favorite films of the year. Now I gotta go to bed.

I can't surely be the only one who was disappointed? Sure, the movie had some amazing moments and I think things were handled beautifully at times. But there is so much that was left out of this film, so much that I thought would be in it. I'm not going to lie when I say I haven't enjoyed the directors take on it since he's taken over. I feel (and you can jump all over me) that he's taken such a liking to the Harry and Voldemort part of the story, and forgot that this film was also about Magic.

Spoiler Spoiler:

With that. I thought a ton of it was very enjoyable and it's the best one in a long time for enjoyment. But definitely not for getting it right...FOR ME.
:gah:

Oh, and to double post I have one more thing to say....

Spoiler Spoiler:

You saw the previous 7 movies before you read the books right?

I did. And so for me, now that I've read the books, I expected more. And I think in the case of
Spoiler Spoiler:

I did. And so for me, now that I've read the books, I expected more. And I think in the case of
Spoiler Spoiler:

I figured as much. You were blissfully ignorant of all that was left out in the previous movies. :lol

What you mentioned as being left out doesn't surprise me. Can't say I am terribly disappointed either since none of that was in the book either.

I figured as much. You were blissfully ignorant of all that was left out in the previous movies. :lol

What you mentioned as being left out doesn't surprise me. Can't say I am terribly disappointed either since none of that was in the book either.

I knew some things would get left out. But I think it did some characters a disservice, and also..me! lol. I still cannot wait to see it again because you always get more out of it when you watch it 2+ times. But this movie (all of em really) would have been handled differently if I had been the director. Sadly, I'm not. :monkey2

Well I am glad to hear Snape was handled well. That is 50% of the stories appeal to me.

There is a part that didn't happen in the book. I could tell you but I want you to experience it. But I think that it worked in this scene better. And makes a bit more sense. When you see it, we'll talk. :D Just don't go in expecting too much. It's regarding Snape.

ALSO! I must say this:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

For me, it was a great film. I just think one thing shouldn't have been left out. If it hadn't, this movie would have been as epic as I could have hoped. But I also think that it was done beautifully. So many touching moments. And man, the vault scene was great.

Back